ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2013 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268371)

lewdog 12-08-2013 09:43 PM

My lifting has been spot on lately and I'm eating more but not gaining weight. Had a big guy tell me I looked huge at the gym and wanted to know my weight. When I told him what I weighed, he said I looked 15-20lbs heavier. He weighed 255 and wasn't fat so that was quite a compliment.

I hope he saw that my wife was there today if you know what I mean.

Silock 12-08-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10262209)
My lifting has been spot on lately and I'm eating more but not gaining weight. Had a big guy tell me I looked huge at the gym and wanted to know my weight. When I told him what I weighed, he said I looked 15-20lbs heavier. He weighed 255 and wasn't fat so that was quite a compliment.

I hope he saw that my wife was there today if you know what I mean.

WHAT DO YOU DO FOR YOUR CALVES BRO?

NEED A SPOT? /POSITIONS JUNK RIGHT OVER YOUR CHIN

Simply Red 12-08-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10262215)

NEED A SPOT? /POSITIONS JUNK RIGHT OVER YOUR CHIN

http://i.imgur.com/7RrFkEp.gif

Simply Red 12-08-2013 10:02 PM

so yes

What if you've completed your work out - yet you still reserved energy - or umm - aren't tired?

Ab time?

lewdog 12-08-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10262215)
WHAT DO YOU DO FOR YOUR CALVES BRO?

My calves are ****ing horrible. They never grow. :crybaby:

Silock 12-08-2013 10:04 PM

Rest time. Save it.

That's just me, though. I'm glad when I'm not tired after a workout because it means I'm probably not overtraining.

For instance, today was my highest weight day of the workout week. I'm not tired and feel like I could do the whole workout over again. I'm glad I'm so energized, though, because it usually means that I'll have good workouts next week.

However, if I'm beat after today's workout, it's probably time to take a week and recover.

Simply Red 12-08-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10262303)
Rest time. Save it.

That's just me, though. I'm glad when I'm not tired after a workout because it means I'm probably not overtraining.

For instance, today was my highest weight day of the workout week. I'm not tired and feel like I could do the whole workout over again. I'm glad I'm so energized, though, because it usually means that I'll have good workouts next week.

However, if I'm beat after today's workout, it's probably time to take a week and recover.

I see - I find it astonishing that you take weeks off then regain the momentum and rituals.

I will have to go hard for a bit (to establish my routine)

Silock 12-08-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10262317)
I see - I find it astonishing that you take weeks off then regain the momentum and rituals.

Most advanced routines have a prescribed reset period or de-load week.

You just can't keep progressing linearly forever. Your body just gets tired.

Simply Red 12-08-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10262320)
Most advanced routines have a prescribed reset period or de-load week.

You just can't keep progressing linearly forever. Your body just gets tired.

i see - when is my target reset period, provided I just started back?

I know it varies, but can you give me a range, a range of approximately how many weeks prior to a week break?

lewdog 12-08-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10262317)

I do 5/3/1. 3 hard weeks, then 1 deload week. Once you have been pounding the iron for years, you needs some schedule decreases in intensity usually more frequently than when you began lifting.

Demonpenz 12-08-2013 10:12 PM

You have to know yourself. If a person loves to work out, they will be chompin at the bit to get back after it. I am sure Silock has well over 20,000 hours in the arena of fitness, needless to say he doesn't have to worry about soapy titty time distracting him.

Simply Red 12-08-2013 10:12 PM

ok well it's on now. I'm working hard.

Simply Red 12-08-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 10262341)
You have to know yourself. If a person loves to work out, they will be chompin at the bit to get back after it. I am sure Silock has well over 20,000 hours in the arena of fitness, needless to say he doesn't have to worry about soapy titty time distracting him.

LMAO

Silock 12-08-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10262332)
i see - when is my target reset period, provided I just started back?

I know it varies, but can you give me a range, a range of approximately how many weeks prior to a week break?

You should probably take it easy once every 8 weeks or so.

That doesn't mean you have to do NOTHING, but either do half the weight of your normal workouts that week, or half the sets.

Don't think about it as an impediment to your progress. You won't lose any gains you've made in a week. Think of it like an oil change in your car. Preventative maintenance.

Silock 12-08-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 10262341)
soapy titty time.

I just got distracted.

BRB, headin' to DOLLYWOOD!