ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

chiefsfan987 11-09-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 10171452)
He took Illinois to the final 4 his first year and was eventually fired because he sucked.

He's not the best coach in college basketball for sure. Frankly, I don't give a hill of beans about that. I'm specifically talking about the AD at KSU. He's doing a fantastic job in a place that historically has been very difficult to win at in most sports. It's not even just the winning they're doing across the board, it's the $$ he's bringing in as well. Their donations have skyrocketed and attendance in almost all of their sports are going up.

Even if Weber tanks, Currie still got a coach in there that GOT THEM A TITLE in basketball, something they haven't had since 1977. There is no way to spin that except in a positive light IMO. So regardless of what people's opinion is about Weber, it doesn't change the fact that Currie found the right guy to replace Martin because that guy won a share of the title, something none of their other AD's the last 30 years could find a way to do. It's not like Currie is going to let him stay there long enough to cripple the program if things go south.

Braincase 11-09-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 10171379)
Why would they do that? He's a great AD. The fact that their athletic program is as well rounded as it is in a place like Manhattan is incredible. He runs circles around Zenger. If they want to fire him I'd love for him to come to KU.

National Championships - Zenger - 1, KSU guy - 0
Conference Championships in 2012-2013 - Zenger - 4, KSU guy - 3

sedated 11-09-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 10171457)
Currie still got a coach in there that GOT THEM A TITLE in basketball, something they haven't had since 1977.

Well, he essentially fired the coach that got them that title - it was Frank Martin's team.

And Weber has apparently destroyed it in less time than most expected.

It was a bad hire, he is a bad coach, even k-state fans knew it at the time.

Prison Bitch 11-09-2013 10:56 AM

I wish we could make a bad hire who ties for a conference title in a major sport. I guess we'll just have to settle for an overpaid, obese clown who's gone 0-14 in conference football games.

Ceej 11-09-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10171684)
I wish we could make a bad hire who ties for a conference title in a major sport. I guess we'll just have to settle for an overpaid, obese clown who's gone 0-14 in conference football games.

This is a basketball thread.

Mr. Plow 11-09-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10171684)

There is a thread for KU football talk, use it.

KC_Connection 11-09-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 10171457)
So regardless of what people's opinion is about Weber, it doesn't change the fact that Currie found the right guy to replace Martin because that guy won a share of the title, something none of their other AD's the last 30 years could find a way to do.

Laughable stuff right here. Currie got rid of the coach who brought in the players that got that title (and the coach that made them a top 10-15 team every year) over a silly feud. In his place, he brought in a complete assclown who is well on his way to destroying KSU's basketball program just like he did at Illinois. Great hire, though.

CoMoChief 11-09-2013 04:06 PM

Weber isn't as bad as some people seem to believe. He's def not the coach Martin is.

But KSU was stupid to let Martin go away to SC. And I think it was stupid for Martin to go to SC. He's not going to have any success there.

Reerun_KC 11-09-2013 05:41 PM

One would think that a historical title town program would at least have their non con games on espn full court.

Prison Bitch 11-09-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 10171512)
National Championships - Zenger - 1, KSU guy - 0
Conference Championships in 2012-2013 - Zenger - 4, KSU guy - 3

Brain this is a basketball only thread, FYI

WilliamTheIrish 11-09-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Even if Weber tanks, Currie still got a coach in there that GOT THEM A TITLE in basketball,
And promptly LOST to LaSalle in the 1st round. And then didn't take any of the blame for the loss. He stood there with his arms crossed while the last 12 seconds of the season melted away on the right baseline in Kansas City.

I'm trying to remember all the 1st round losses Frank had. Funny, I can't remember them, because he had none. Currie couldn't handle a strong personality and replaced him with a lap dog. **** Currie.

WilliamTheIrish 11-09-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10171425)
That AD destroyed any semblance of a successful basketball program they had because of a feud with the coach. Sounds like a real great one, indeed.

Exactly. And it didn't take KenPom to figure it out. ;)

veist 11-09-2013 07:47 PM

I don't think anyone in their right mind is going to confuse Bruce Weber with a good coach, he's K-State's Charlie Weis.

Prison Bitch 11-09-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veist (Post 10172711)
I don't think anyone in their right mind is going to confuse Bruce Weber with a good coach, he's K-State's Charlie Weis.

Um no, he's far better than Weis.

Chiefspants 11-09-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10172857)
Um no, he's far better than Weis.

Dude, could you drop your agenda for two seconds? Weis took ND to both the Fiesta and the Sugar Bowl. They both inherited and lived off of the success of superior predecessors. If Weber took over Nebraska next year, the results would be a spitting image of Charlie at KU.