ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

Marcellus 12-02-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9173901)
So everyone that ever did anything terrible gets a pass because they weren't acting reasonably or rationally? Got it.

Nobody is giving anyone a pass. I do think Belcher should have whacked a few of you uncomprehending idiots on the way out.

banyon 12-02-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 9173896)
Hey everyone, let's shame people for expressing grief and shock in ways you find inappropriate!

... oh, I guess I'm late to the party. Nevermind.

Sorry UP. Anything anyone does after a death, no matter what led up to it, is automatically beyond reproach.

Chiefshrink 12-02-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9173905)
I'm curious as to what she did at/after the concert that set him off though.

I know they had relationship problems, and an "on again, off again" type relationship. I don't want to make assumptions, but I'd bet she got around a lot, and Jovan was sick of it. I don't know what else she could've done that would've made him feel like he needed to do that.

You are close. Read post # 2047

Baby Lee 12-02-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9173760)
I think we've all lost friends that are less than perfect, some did some pretty dick things in their life. It's unreasonable to judge somebody for how they choose to grieve for their friends. If that's what he needs to do to move on, then so be it.

I've been fairly sheltered from such trauma, most of my friends through the years have turned out to be quality human beings over the years.

My biggest connection to scandal was a guy I didn't like even remotely, but he played saxaphone throughout HS which put me in proximity to him for 4 years, and he played pretty much the part of the 'hanger-on' for most of the time, tghe nerd you tolerate who occasionally scores a boob feel from some skank who hung out in your clique.

3 years into University, mom tells me that he's in jail. Turns out he and some guy he befriended after HS answered a classified ad for a used Camaro in SKC [Raymore, IIRC]. He and his new friend test drove the Camaro, then killed the owner and stole the car. Their jaunt didn't last a day. Sentenced 20+, probably just getting out around now.

banyon 12-02-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9173920)
Nobody is giving anyone a pass. I do think Belcher should have whacked a few of you uncomprehending idiots on the way out.

What is it you think is not being comprehended?

HMc 12-02-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9173920)

Bowe appears to be acting in a manner consistent with giving him a "pass".

chiefzilla1501 12-02-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9173883)
Doesn't matter. He's not a ****ing martyr. He's just another scumbag that took an innocent life before taking the coward's way out.

And who's calling him a martyr? Stop using that word. That implies that they are defending his actions or going on a rant against the girl.

They're mourning the loss of a friend. That mourning isn't easy, despite people who stand on the sidelines and pretend they know how they'd perfectly react in that situation. It's one thing to judge the actions of the guy, it's another to judge the actions of close, for all intents and purposes, family trying to make sense of the situation.

Crush 12-02-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9173906)
Who the **** is making him out as a martyr? Do you even know what that word means?

Bowe wearing that shirt and the players memorializing his lockers are actions that are commemorating his death. That's martyrdom. This shit needs to be nipped in the butt asap.

Ultra Peanut 12-02-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9173901)
So everyone that ever did anything terrible gets a pass because they weren't acting reasonably or rationally? Got it.

It's not "gets a pass," it's acknowledging the complexity of human behavior. You can tell yourself that people who do things like this are just monsters, all neat and tidy and wrapped up in a bow, but it's ignoring reality and doing a disservice to everyone by glossing over confusing, painful stuff. When people discuss mental illness, extreme stress, or other contributing factors it's not to excuse anything, but to (attempt to) shed light on what happened and why.

HMc 12-02-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 9173937)
It's not "gets a pass," it's acknowledging the complexity of human behavior. You can tell yourself that people who do things like this are just monsters, all neat and tidy and wrapped up in a bow, but it's ignoring reality and doing a disservice to everyone by shoving the truth under the rug. Mental illness and other contributing factors don't excuse anything, but they shed a lot of light on what happened and why.

Dwayne Bowe is in no way "acknowledging the complexity of human behavior" in that photo.

Chiefshrink 12-02-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9171475)
I find it very difficult to believe that he was abusing drugs and alcohol to the degree stated in that article, yet was able to hide it from the Chiefs players, front office, coaching staff and play on Sundays.

I'm not stating that the source was wrong, it just seems like if someone was that jacked up all the time, someone would have taken note.

I totally agree ! Pioli runs a very tight ship and would have had his spies out Belcher in a heartbeat and he would have been gone along time ago.

chiefzilla1501 12-02-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9173936)
Bowe wearing that shirt and the players memorializing his lockers are actions that are commemorating his death. That's martyrdom. This shit needs to be nipped in the butt asap.

That's not what martyring is.

I have never seen a single interview from anyone that defends his actions. Or blames other people.

They are mourning. Not martyring.

Baby Lee 12-02-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9173848)
They'd have themselves one helluva First Amendment case against them if they did that. It's on his time and his personal Twitter account. What he's wearing is in bad taste and offensive but in no way against the law and I don't believe against NFL rules.

The first amendment applies to the NFL how?

Ultra Peanut 12-02-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9173947)
Dwayne Bowe is in no way "acknowledging the complexity of human behavior" in that photo.

What frame of mind would you be in if you were 36 hours removed from the death of one of your close friends and co-workers, at your workplace, after he'd killed another person? Do you think you would have a particularly objective view of the situation, or would you maybe -- just maybe! -- react like a normal human being and be an absolute ****ing mess of conflicting emotions?

Not only is their friend dead, but their entire conception of him has been rocked to its core. The very IDEA of this person they shared a lot of their lives with has been destroyed, along with the person himself. That's not easy to process, especially not when you're preparing to perform in front of thousands of people so soon after everything happened.

dirk digler 12-02-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9173951)
That's not what martyring is.

I have never seen a single interview from anyone that defends his actions. Or blames other people.

They are mourning. Not martyring.

You also don't see anyone saying anything remotely negative either.

I mean Eric Winston was quick to call Chief fans classless for booing Matt Casell but is suddenly quiet when it comes to his teammate killing another person.