ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

gblowfish 04-01-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9545503)

Tejada is a good example of Moore clinging to the old ways/thoughts in baseball. He's a veteran who has been there and is being given a minor role (25th man on the bench) because of his "leadership" ability. He likely plays very little (god I hope that's it).

Beis baw been berry berry gut to eeem.

Deberg_1990 04-01-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9545506)
It would be nice for Detriot and other teams not to preform up to expectations.

Well, part of that means the Royals are taking the next step. They have to learn how to beat these guys since they play them so much.

BTW, i havent seen anyone mention the Indians much? Some things ive read say they are better than the Royals this year. True or not?

duncan_idaho 04-01-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9545526)
Well, part of that means the Royals are taking the next step. They have to learn how to beat these guys since they play them so much.

BTW, i havent seen anyone mention the Indians much? Some things ive read say they are better than the Royals this year. True or not?

Lineup is more proven and has fewer questions than the Royals' (though they have similar upside).

Their rotation is pretty bad, though. Masterson is a slightly better version of Hochevar. Jiminez is a shell of his old self and has been bad for 2.5 years (not bad for him, just flat-out BAD). Brett Myers is possibly a solid 3. McCallister is bad, and Scott Kazmir is a nice story but an extreme longshot.

Bullpen looks to be solid/good. But a step down from KC's.

alnorth 04-01-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9545555)
Lineup is more proven and has fewer questions than the Royals' (though they have similar upside).

Their rotation is pretty bad, though. Masterson is a slightly better version of Hochevar. Jiminez is a shell of his old self and has been bad for 2.5 years (not bad for him, just flat-out BAD). Brett Myers is possibly a solid 3. McCallister is bad, and Scott Kazmir is a nice story but an extreme longshot.

Bullpen looks to be solid/good. But a step down from KC's.

Yeah, I don't know why, but the media is always in love with the idea of the Indians contending, but not us. So, they overlook the Indians problems and nitpick the Royals to death.

The Indians could beat us, but on paper they shouldn't.

duncan_idaho 04-01-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9545592)
Yeah, I don't know why, but the media is always in love with the idea of the Indians contending, but not us. So, they overlook the Indians problems and nitpick the Royals to death.

Because:

1) They have been good more recently
2) They have more names as a result (Jiminez is still looked at as an enigmatic guy who could FIND IT by many, rather than as a guy who has lost it and isn't getting it back, for example)

sedated 04-01-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9545555)
Jiminez is a shell of his old self and has been bad for 2.5 years (not bad for him, just flat-out BAD).

Man, that trade realy burned Cleveland.

duncan_idaho 04-01-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9545665)
Man, that trade realy burned Cleveland.

Yeah, but the guys they gave up have ended up sucking.

Pomeranz and Alex White have both been Hochevar-esque for the Rockies, and the other guys are non-factors.

Deberg_1990 04-01-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9545617)
Because:

1) They have been good more recently
2) They have more names as a result (Jiminez is still looked at as an enigmatic guy who could FIND IT by many, rather than as a guy who has lost it and isn't getting it back, for example)

Plus, they added a "name" manager

kc rush 04-01-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9545592)

The Royals were a petty trendy pick last year, then the extended losing streak happened. I'm sure there are guys out there that don't want to get "burned again."

gblowfish 04-01-2013 06:39 PM

I was watching MLB network. They were saying the Yanks need to deal off Cano because he's 30 years old, and Boras wants a 10 year $200 million contract. The pinheads on MLB network go "Well, they should send him to the Dodgers or Angels, and then buy Bryce Harper in four years when he comes on the market for $200 million."

Royals spend $77 mill, and that's our high water mark.

Sigh....

The economics of baseball just flat out sucks.

Mother****erJones 04-01-2013 06:41 PM

God **** the Yankees

Cephalic Trauma 04-01-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9547438)
God **** the Yankees

Stick to the GT. Don't mess this one up, too

Mother****erJones 04-01-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9547446)
Stick to the GT. Don't mess this one up, too

What? Just said **** the yankees. I was responding to his post about them getting big name free agents

Mother****erJones 04-01-2013 06:54 PM

Whats GT stand for?

Reaper16 04-01-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9547487)
Whats GT stand for?

Gamethread.