ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dolphins working on a trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272208)

RunKC 04-22-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9614517)
Teams are going to gear agaisnt the run vs an Andy Reid offense?

That makes no sense. "Our offense is designed to attack and throw". So if we are going to throw, why are teams going to load the box?

Because they know they have to account for Charles because this could happen at anytime.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y6OyWM16jnw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's the beauty of this offense. Reid wants to spread it out and throw the ball, making us a balanced offense.

Marcellus 04-22-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9614536)
He better be right or he gets fired. Or what?

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Or what?

I always crack up when people post shit like that. This better work or else!

Dorsey and Reid know what risks they are taking its their job their reputation on the line.

People on an internet message board act like they need to point things out for them. Its hilarious.

Fire up the plane and get another banner ready!

Hammock Parties 04-22-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9614528)
Alex just needs to make plays when it counts.

It's a good thing he's terrible on third down, then.

Mr. Laz 04-22-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9614534)
"More upside potentially" is exactly the problem. They have more upside potentially than a guy drafted 15 spots later at a time when the position was still overvalued in the draft. It's not like we're talking about Orlando Pace here. You've got to really try hard to rationalize the value of this kind of player at #1.

that's just it, you can say that about all the players in this draft

Even most Chiefs fans say 'if you are going to reach, then reach for a QB'

even they admit that this draft is shit at the top

This draft is deep but weak ... no elite players(on paper)

start the bitch motor because no one we select is going to be worth where they are selected

O.city 04-22-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9614534)
"More upside potentially" is exactly the problem. They have more upside potentially than a guy drafted 15 spots later at a time when the position was still overvalued in the draft. It's not like we're talking about Orlando Pace here. You've got to really try hard to rationalize the value of this kind of player at #1.

Yeah, pretty much.

However, I think or it seems that they don't think Albert is what they want in their system and they think Fisher/ Joeckel fit better and coudl be a better player.

I don't really agree, but I'm a dentist and a fan. So either way, just win.

Mother****erJones 04-22-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9614557)
It's a good thing he's terrible on third down, then.

Well even though it was only one game, in the Saints playoff game he showed he can make a play when it counts.

Dave Lane 04-22-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9614425)
I'm not declaring Andy Reid anything.

It's just funny how people can declare Reid good at handling QB's in one sentence and in the next they cuss the Chiefs for being foolish for not taking Geno Smith.

either you believe in Reid when it comes to Quarterback or you don't ... choose a position.

Seems rather contradictory to say 'we have a great QB coach in Andy Reid so we need to take a QB'

We duh ... if Reid is so great then shouldn't he know which QB to take and when?

Hell ... if you don't believe it Reid then continue your rants.

but the inconsistency is interesting

I think he's better than Marty or pioli. Thats about all the further I go till I see the goods.

Saul Good 04-22-2013 02:30 PM

Drafting a LT at 1.1 to protect Alex Smith is like hiring bodyguards to protect the assistant manager at McDonald's.

O.city 04-22-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9614556)
I always crack up when people post shit like that. This better work or else!

Dorsey and Reid know what risks they are taking its their job their reputation on the line.

People on an internet message board act like they need to point things out for them. Its hilarious.

Fire up the plan and get another banner ready!

I don't understand what passing by was getting at though.

Liek DJ said, "this better be right, or they'll get fired".

It's really that simple. And if you don't like that people do that on a message board, why do you continually post and log on to one where they do?

Just Passin' By 04-22-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9614545)
No, Alex Smith was a 1.1. Seven years ago. And many people at the time argued against that. Which is really irrelevant, because what Alex Smith is is a middle-of-the-pack journeyman that we just overpaid for. If we want to talk current draft value vernacular, he's at best a 2.2.

No, he's a 1.1. He was drafted with the first pick in the first round. They don't usually turn into Mannings, Montana (a round 3 guy, btw) or Brady (a round 6 guy). A lot of them turn into Alex Smith, JaMarcus Russell, Heath Shuler or Jeff George.

O.city 04-22-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9614554)
Because they know they have to account for Charles because this could happen at anytime.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y6OyWM16jnw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's the beauty of this offense. Reid wants to spread it out and throw the ball, making us a balanced offense.

Sure Charles can do that, which teams will account for. But he's not gonna be loading up on carries.

I like Charles in Reid's offense though, more for his pass catching abilities.

HemiEd 04-22-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9614459)
Alex Smith's more likely to throw 20 picks than he is to throw 30 TDs.

I agree, unless Reid changes the way he has done things prior to the Chiefs.

Mr. Laz 04-22-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9614564)
I think he's better than Marty or *****. Thats about all the further I go till I see the goods.

fair enough, i would probably say i'm at the same point for the entire chiefs organization.

don't talk, show me ... tired of hearing bullshit, put it on the field

If Reid and Dorsey screw this up they will probably end up getting fired pretty quickly for it.

Just have to wait and see.

HemiEd 04-22-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9614464)

The big mistake is if Geno Smith or Barkley etc turn out to be a stud.

People will be referring to failure to draft a QBotF, when they had a perfect chance, for years to come .... as long as the Chiefs suck.

As it should be. The team will NEVER have a better opportunity to draft a QB.

Marcellus 04-22-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9614566)
I don't understand what passing by was getting at though.

Liek DJ said, "this better be right, or they'll get fired".

It's really that simple. And if you don't like that people do that on a message board, why do you continually post and log on to one where they do?

Like I said, it cracks me up.

This place is a very serious fantasy land.