ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread, Part 2 **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280658)

Ceej 03-03-2014 12:37 PM

Marcus seems pretty good at fabricating things.

He has always got Hollywood in case the NBA doesn't work out.

Prison Bitch 03-03-2014 12:49 PM

I'd be interested to hear Self's honest opinion of the guy now. He loved him during recruiting, and obviously praised him a lot last season. But I have to think he's lost respect for him during the conference season and his comments about Self's supposed plans to cut down nets is, frankly, an insult to Self's reputation.

KC_Connection 03-03-2014 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10464039)
Self was pretty scathing regarding Smart. That surprises me. He's normally pretty dismissive about shit slinging, but he didn't **** around with that comment.

So my dad tried to tell me that this years KU team isn't as good as last years team. I called BS. You can argue semantics about defense player vs player experience, whatever. But the bottom line is this team locked up the best conference in the nation with three games left. Last years team had to share the title with a good not great KSU team.

Am I off base here?

When this team cares enough to play hard, they're better than last year. When they don't, we've seen what they are. I think you could make a legitimate argument either way, but I'll take this team with a healthy Embiid over last year. Despite not having that consistent competitive fire, they're just capable of a higher ceiling of play. Both teams don't rate up with '08 or '10 for me (or even the team that Tyshawn/TRob willed to the FF in '12), though.

Ceej 03-03-2014 01:00 PM

Any good places to watch the B12 tournament in KC? Other than the actual arena. Lol.

Power and Light?

Bambi 03-03-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10464074)
I'd be interested to hear Self's honest opinion of the guy now. He loved him during recruiting, and obviously praised him a lot last season. But I have to think he's lost respect for him during the conference season and his comments about Self's supposed plans to cut down nets is, frankly, an insult to Self's reputation.

That's pretty bad.

It's entirely different to say something like "We weren't gonna let them come in here and cutdown our nets."

And EVEN if Smart made an honest mistake or misspoke you would have expected by now that the OSU administration would have issued some kind of apology. It's completely unprofessional.

Pablo 03-03-2014 01:13 PM

Sounds like Smart is just delusional. Go figure.

TLO 03-03-2014 01:13 PM

Marcus Smart is and idiot.

sedated 03-03-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10464089)
Any good places to watch the B12 tournament in KC? Other than the actual arena. Lol.

Power and Light?

P&L will obviously be busy as hell for the tournament, if that's what you are looking for.

I would guess the best places for KU fans would be in the burbs on the KS side. Downtown KC (other than P&L) doesn't have the greatest selection of sports bars, and are more of a mix of KU and MU fans. Overland Park for instance has a ton of good sports bars and is dominated by KU fans.

Pablo 03-03-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10464089)

Power and Light?

Go a block South and hit up Dukes on Grand. If the weather is nice, they'll open up the garage door/windows and it's close to P&L. With slightly lower prices. And there are a ton of TV's. It'll be packed, but I just don't like to give my money to P&L.

I watched the first Friday of the NCAA tourney there last year and had a pretty great time. It used to be Willy's(MU bar); and I went there with a bunch of my MU friends and still had a good time.

I see on their website that Friday is their $3 local beer special. Get your Blvd. of for about $1.50-2 less than everywhere else if that's your thing.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-03-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10464039)
Self was pretty scathing regarding Smart. That surprises me. He's normally pretty dismissive about shit slinging, but he didn't **** around with that comment.

So my dad tried to tell me that this years KU team isn't as good as last years team. I called BS. You can argue semantics about defense player vs player experience, whatever. But the bottom line is this team locked up the best conference in the nation with three games left. Last years team had to share the title with a good not great KSU team.

Am I off base here?

I respectfully disagree with your dad. I feel better about this year's team in the big dance than last year's. I think the greatness in this team will come out in the dance.

Pablo 03-03-2014 01:20 PM

This year's team absolutely has a higher ceiling. Although you never had to worry about the 2012-13 squad getting soft on the defensive end, they weren't near the threat offensively.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-03-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10464138)
This year's team absolutely has a higher ceiling. Although you never had to worry about the 2012-13 squad getting soft on the defensive end, they weren't near the threat offensively.

We have the offense this year to go up against an insane hot from the field Trey Burke. We can match that. Last year there was no answer. You can't stop that kind of hot on D. I just think the guys will be tuned in come dance time, O and D.

Ceej 03-03-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10464120)
Go a block South and hit up Dukes on Grand. If the weather is nice, they'll open up the garage door/windows and it's close to P&L. With slightly lower prices. And there are a ton of TV's. It'll be packed, but I just don't like to give my money to P&L.

I watched the first Friday of the NCAA tourney there last year and had a pretty great time. It used to be Willy's(MU bar); and I went there with a bunch of my MU friends and still had a good time.

I see on their website that Friday is their $3 local beer special. Get your Blvd. of for about $1.50-2 less than everywhere else if that's your thing.

Sounds good. Heading up there at some point on Friday for my birthday with the Plow's.

Pablo 03-03-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10464152)
Sounds good. Heading up there at some point on Friday for my birthday with the Plow's.

Something to consider. I'm a fan of their walls/windows/garage doors. If it's a nice spring day, you'll get a lot of breezes pushing through; and it's close enough to Sprint that there is a ton of foot traffic, so you get the vibe of sitting on a patio with people buzzing by while being inside. The cheap local beer doesn't hurt either.

I'm pretty sure it was a MU bar up until a couple years ago. Last year, KSU was playing at Sprint that day against Ole Miss, so the Powertard crowd was decent. But still a pretty good representation of KU fans. Probably be an ass-load of BooClone fans that day, they do travel pretty well.

Mr. Plow 03-03-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10464152)

Are we going to turn it into a watch party?