ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

gblowfish 04-25-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8565116)
He can deny all he wants, but I'm going with this as fact. There will probably be a Doggity Q Sauce reference soon, or a salute from DM.

LMAOLMAOLMAO
As much as I wish I was "Book Man," alas, I have not yet been to a game this year. I've sat in the Crown Seats about a half a dozen times. Believe me, each time I was too drunk to read anything but a menu.

The view is amazing, and that schmuck reading the book is truly wasting a great seat. In 2007 before they finished the stadium outfield renovations, the view looked like this:

http://i45.tinypic.com/v82dl2.jpg

Speaking of Mr. Doggity, he bought an old 1950 Dodge panel van that was in a barn in Northwest Arkansas. He's having it rebuilt to pull his BBQ rig for catering. It's going to be way cool when he gets it finished, should be ready to roll out this summer. You can see the progress on his facebook site here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The...39048532819599

Jenson71 04-25-2012 12:37 PM

Anyone know what the book is?

ChiTown 04-25-2012 12:38 PM

I'm generally not an over-reactive guy when it comes to firing Baseball Managers, but Ned has got to go. He has handled this Season so poorly, including our opening Day lineup, that the combination of his stupidity during this losing streak has firmed my opinion that he can't be an effective Manager for this Team. In other words, we are just wasting time with Ned leading the troops night in, and night out.

I have no idea who we should hire in his place, but I do know that Ned is not the guy, and nor is he capable of turning this (or any) season around for this sorry ****ing excuse for a Franchise. Sorry Ned, but you're fired.

** Note**
I have already ranted about Dayton Moore in the past. I think he's a flaming ****ing idiot for a GM. He should have been emasculated long ago

Stanley Nickels 04-25-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 8565174)

I think it's one of the Hunger Games books

KCUnited 04-25-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 8565174)

Moneyball.

BigCatDaddy 04-25-2012 01:46 PM

KC's own gets the call up.

The Kansas City Royals selected the contract of left-handed pitcher Tommy Hottovy from Triple-A Omaha today and optioned right-handed pitcher Jeremy Jeffress to Omaha. With the selection of Hottovy, who is expected to be in uniform tonight (#46) in Cleveland, the Royals 40-man roster stands at 40. In addition, the club returned outfielder Lorenzo Cain from his rehab assignment with Northwest Arkansas (AA). Cain remains on the 15-day D.L.

Hottovy, 30, was 1-0 with a 2.70 ERA in seven relief appearances with the Storm Chasers. The 6-foot-1, 205-pounder had allowed three earned runs on eight hits in 10.0 innings, walking five and striking out 17. A Kansas City, Mo., native, Hottovy made his Major League debut for the Boston Red Sox last season, recording no record and a 6.75 ERA (4.0 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 2 SO) in eight relief outings. Hottovy graduated from Park Hill South High School in Riverside, Mo., and Wichita State University.

Jeffress, 24, combined to toss 1.0 scoreless inning over two relief appearances for the Royals, allowing four hits and walking two.

Cain, who has been on the Disabled List since April 13 with a left groin strain, made three rehab starts for the Naturals and was 1-for-9 at the plate. He exited last night’s game and is currently being re-evaluated by the Royals medical staff in Kansas City.

Kidd Lex 04-25-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8565443)
KC's own gets the call up.

The Kansas City Royals selected the contract of left-handed pitcher Tommy Hottovy from Triple-A Omaha today and optioned right-handed pitcher Jeremy Jeffress to Omaha. With the selection of Hottovy, who is expected to be in uniform tonight (#46) in Cleveland, the Royals 40-man roster stands at 40. In addition, the club returned outfielder Lorenzo Cain from his rehab assignment with Northwest Arkansas (AA). Cain remains on the 15-day D.L.

Hottovy, 30, was 1-0 with a 2.70 ERA in seven relief appearances with the Storm Chasers. The 6-foot-1, 205-pounder had allowed three earned runs on eight hits in 10.0 innings, walking five and striking out 17. A Kansas City, Mo., native, Hottovy made his Major League debut for the Boston Red Sox last season, recording no record and a 6.75 ERA (4.0 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 2 SO) in eight relief outings. Hottovy graduated from Park Hill South High School in Riverside, Mo., and Wichita State University.

Jeffress, 24, combined to toss 1.0 scoreless inning over two relief appearances for the Royals, allowing four hits and walking two.

Cain, who has been on the Disabled List since April 13 with a left groin strain, made three rehab starts for the Naturals and was 1-for-9 at the plate. He exited last night’s game and is currently being re-evaluated by the Royals medical staff in Kansas City.

I played with TH at Park Hill his freshman year. Not a huge fan. I guess that makes me a hater?

alnorth 04-25-2012 08:15 PM

edit: don't click if bad words offend you.

PunkinDrublic 04-25-2012 08:38 PM

Goodnight gentleman I'm going to go masturbate to the highlights.

DeezNutz 04-25-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8566673)
edit: don't click if bad words offend you.

I'm offended you insensitive ****.

ChiTown 04-25-2012 08:51 PM

That win deserves some dancing 'nana's

PBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJ

Archie F. Swin 04-25-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 8565156)
Great image to be going viral for the all star hosts. The author of that book really should be thinking about incorporating this image into their promo materials.

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Guk...groyalsfan.jpg

the first question I have about this pic is: Why the **** is the umpire crouched like that?

SPchief 04-25-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 8566803)
the first question I have about this pic is: Why the **** is the umpire crouched like that?

Because that's how umpires see balls and strikes?

Archie F. Swin 04-25-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 8566806)
Because that's how umpires see balls and strikes?

judging from where the the catcher is, I bet I can guess what the next pitch will be.

SPchief 04-25-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 8566817)
judging from where the the catcher is, I bet I can guess what the next pitch will be.

He can't get out of his crouch in case the catcher comes back down for a real pitch.