ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (part 2) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279640)

TEX 08-23-2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10845096)
Chiefs fans basically think the OL is shit if it isn't early 2000 level Chiefs.

No dude, most of us know shit when we see it. The Chiefs OL is shit. If you cant see that, dont think others are as blind.

Ming the Merciless 08-23-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 10845107)
Game plan will be better. Teams are not showing full packages for other teams to already have film on during the season. What should be worrisome is that the chiefs cannot move the ball with basic sets against basic set defenses.

Bowe and Charles are needed... i hope they plan on using DAT for more than just KR and running plays

Oh thank god.

Thank you for your kind words of reassurance

Please go on and tell me more about how everything will be fine.

http://makeameme.org/media/templates...rcasm_meme.jpg

O.city 08-23-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10845112)
No dude, most of us know shit when we see it. The Chiefs OL is shit. If you cant see that, dont think others are as blind.

They're starting 5 guys who, IIRC, are under the age of 25 and have played 3 preseason games as a unit.

The OL is the sum of it's parts, as much as it is individual play. It needs time, but it's not the bleeding warped asshat people are making it out to be.

TEX 08-23-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 10845107)
Game plan will be better. Teams are not showing full packages for other teams to already have film on during the season. What should be worrisome is that the chiefs cannot move the ball with basic sets against basic set defenses.

Bowe and Charles are needed... i hope they plan on using DAT for more than just KR and running plays

Yep. They are losing most individual battles. They are not playing well in space. They are getting beat at the basics. Doesn't bode well.

RobBlake 08-23-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 10845115)
Oh thank god.

Thank you for your kind words of reassurance

Please go on and tell me more about how everything will be fine.

http://makeameme.org/media/templates...rcasm_meme.jpg

you can either panic like a nancy or start using some knowledge you might have gathered from watching NFL football all your life. Andy is a good coach.. i don't agree with his playcalling style, but he is gonna keep the chiefs competitive. You had a worse outlook last preseason but look how that turned out...

jd1020 08-23-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10845116)
They're starting 5 guys who, IIRC, are under the age of 25 and have played 3 preseason games as a unit.

The OL is the sum of it's parts, as much as it is individual play. It needs time, but it's not the bleeding warped asshat people are making it out to be.

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/v...on-doors-l.jpg

Blocks better than this OL.

Ming the Merciless 08-23-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

it's not the bleeding warped asshat people are making it out to be.

thats like saying kim kardashian's hymen is just only "warped"

TEX 08-23-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

You are completely wrong here. It is very bad. Easily bottom 5. Time will show you that.

O.city 08-23-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10845124)

It's not good right now.

But again, like 2 of the 3 gifs we've seen here, it's not always the OL. They've blown assignments just as you'd expect with a young OL.

But Smith doesn't do them any favors whatsoever.

RobBlake 08-23-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10845118)
Yep. They are losing most individual battles. They are not playing well in space. They are getting beat at the basics. Doesn't bode well.

The first couple games are gonna be rough, but i htink they will get better...

Hammock Parties 08-23-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10845096)
Chiefs fans basically think the OL is shit if it isn't early 2000 level Chiefs.

Bad QB play has twisted analysis of our OL for years.

O.city 08-23-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10845133)
You are completely wrong here. It is very bad. Easily bottom 5. Time will show you that.

It's not Chiefs 2003. Not even close.

But go watch the OL of teams with good QB's.

Ming the Merciless 08-23-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 10845122)
you can either panic like a nancy or start using some knowledge you might have gathered from watching NFL football all your life. Andy is a good coach.. i don't agree with his playcalling style, but he is gonna keep the chiefs competitive. You had a worse outlook last preseason but look how that turned out...

I dont think I had a worse outlook last preseason..but.I certainly did not expect 11 wins...

I think I expected about 7-9...I also am pretty sure I am on record (before the preseason) as saying I think we will win about 6-8 games this season....

I still stand by that..We will win about 6-8 games this season...I highly doubt we will win 11. You have to admit, we got DAMN lucky last season between playing 8 backup QB's and playing hardly any teams with winning records....we didnt beat any winning teams with their normal QB, IIRC.... if we didnt play 8 backup QB's we probably would have lost 4 more games at least.

I dont think we will get lucky again this season.....I think we will see a big drop off. 6-8 games win at very most.

O.city 08-23-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10845139)
Bad QB play has twisted analysis of our OL for years.

I agree. Completely.

RobBlake 08-23-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 10845142)
I dont think I had a worse outlook last preseason..but.I certainly did not expect 11 wins...

I think I expected about 7-9...I also am pretty sure I am on record (before the preseason) as saying I think we will win about 6-8 games this season....

I still stand by that..We will win about 6-8 games this season...I highly doubt we will win 11. You have to admit, we got DAMN lucky last season between playing 8 backup QB's and playing hardly any teams with winning records....we didnt beat any winning teams with their normal QB, IIRC.... if we didnt play 8 backup QB's we probably would have lost 4 more games at least.

I dont think we will get lucky again this season.....I think we will see a big drop off. 6-8 games win at very most.

I do agree with the luck... hell Seahags were the luckiest team in the nfl, but thats another convo.

I really can't form a complete opinion until i see what the chiefs do until the first game. If they show inconsistent, mind numbing play calling like they did htis preseason then.. you may be right. I blame Smith for throwing those picks, but the spacing in the red zone was absolutely awful. Horrendous play calling. Can you agree to that?