ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100674)

Baby Lee 04-12-2007 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid
I wonder why the women can't get pregnant in the Others camp, but Sun is?

I wonder if Benry wonders the same thing. . .

Chiefnj 04-12-2007 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid
We didn't really get a good feel for who the are or why they're there, did we?

If so, I must have missed that.

I wonder why the women can't get pregnant in the Others camp, but Sun is? Guess that pretty much confirms the baby is from the bald headed hotel magnate.

I think they do get pregnant - they end up dying though. The problem occurs at conception but Ben won't let anyone leave.

Ben said he was born on the island. Did his mom die? Is he the only surviving child?
How did Juliette become such a bad ass? She was a fertility researcher. On the island she is like Jack Bauer. Where did the secret service training come from?

Baby Lee 04-12-2007 09:45 AM

You think that the same thing that immunizes them from cancer kills the fetuses, ie, hyper-immune leading to seeing the fetus as a foreign body.

Chiefnj 04-12-2007 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
You think that the same thing that immunizes them from cancer kills the fetuses, ie, hyper-immune leading to seeing the fetus as a foreign body.

The island lets some cancer through though.

Baby Lee 04-12-2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj
The island lets some cancer through though.

I said tumor. . .

KCTitus 04-12-2007 10:35 AM

I dont think this last episode really told us anything. Some small back history on Juliette, but aside from the fact that she staged the 'being left behind' to get to the beach was the only thing new that was revealed.

We already knew about the submarine, the link to the outside, etc...we even knew that the others were keenly interested in babies, mothers and children.

Im trying to figure out, besides that, what the 'big' answers that were revealed...nothing much.

Chiefnj 04-12-2007 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
I dont think this last episode really told us anything. Some small back history on Juliette, but aside from the fact that she staged the 'being left behind' to get to the beach was the only thing new that was revealed.

We already knew about the submarine, the link to the outside, etc...we even knew that the others were keenly interested in babies, mothers and children.

Im trying to figure out, besides that, what the 'big' answers that were revealed...nothing much.

Here is what I think I learned:
1. She and Ben staged being left behind.
2. The others thought ahead to rig Claire up in case they needed her to get sick.
3. You got an answer to the fertility issue - women who conceive on the island die.
4. The "others" have (or believe they have) the cure to cancer.
5. Ben apparently likes to misinform but doesn't "lie". It appears that he kept his word to Juliette about her sister (Calamity Jane).
6. Ben wasn't romantically linked to Juliette, it was the other guy.
7. All of the others know not only the backstory on the lostees, but they know intricate details (like Sawyer shooting a man in cold blood less than 24 hours before the flight home).
8. Jack confirmed the submarine blew up. There were a lot of conspiracies that Locke didn't blow it up, he just moved it.
9. Jack is a complete and utter idiot and Sayid needs to beat him with a large stick.

scorpio 04-12-2007 11:19 AM

See, I wonder if Jack isn't playing Juliet, suspecting that she's not being upfront but trying to gain her confidence and get the answers he wants. He can't tell his fellow Losties this because then she'll know something is up by their behavior toward her.

or not, i dunno.

scorpio 04-12-2007 11:20 AM

oops.

KCTitus 04-12-2007 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj
Here is what I think I learned:
1. She and Ben staged being left behind.
2. The others thought ahead to rig Claire up in case they needed her to get sick.
3. You got an answer to the fertility issue - women who conceive on the island die.
4. The "others" have (or believe they have) the cure to cancer.
5. Ben apparently likes to misinform but doesn't "lie". It appears that he kept his word to Juliette about her sister (Calamity Jane).
6. Ben wasn't romantically linked to Juliette, it was the other guy.
7. All of the others know not only the backstory on the lostees, but they know intricate details (like Sawyer shooting a man in cold blood less than 24 hours before the flight home).
8. Jack confirmed the submarine blew up. There were a lot of conspiracies that Locke didn't blow it up, he just moved it.
9. Jack is a complete and utter idiot and Sayid needs to beat him with a large stick.

Ok, yes the cancer issue was another thing...so 1, 2 and 4 would be the new things.

We already knew about the others interest in women with children...we learned that when Sayid met Danielle for the first time.

5 and 6 were ancillary and unimportant to the main story--at least I hope so. If those are things that hinge the story of this series together, I'll be even more disappointed.

7 we knew in the first episode of this season when Juliette recited some information about Jacks ex wife.

8 -- eh, I saw it blow up. Unless the writers needed a 'dallasesque' curveball, I wouldnt find that important.

9 is a given. For such a tough guy, he's pretty damned easy to fool.

Yes, there was a lot of 'stuff' in the episode, but I felt there was really nothing new besides the fact that Juliette and Ben have staged her being left behind to get to the beach.

noa 04-12-2007 05:50 PM

I hope Desmond's ability to see the future in short flashes comes in handy when it comes to Juliette's plot.

Bearcat 04-12-2007 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Excellent episode last night - perhaps the best of the series. Lots of answers/explanations, nice twist at the end, and it was really refreshing to FINALLY hear somebody say TELL ME EVERYTHING, NOW. :mad:

Very well done. The show seems to be fully back on track now. :thumb:

I thought it was a really good episode, too... probably more productive than any show since the first one. First time in weeks I really felt the flashbacks meant something.

They said the next 5 will be great, but it's probably safe to skip next week. I'm sure the writers need a week off LMAO

cadmonkey 04-19-2007 06:55 AM

Another great episode.........

Did anyone else notice the picture on the head monk's desk? If not, it was a picture of him and the old woman from the jewlery store that didn't want to sell Desmond the engagment ring.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/192/4...d805bb1a06.jpg

cadmonkey 04-19-2007 06:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
and once again, GOD I LOVE KATE!!!!!!!!

cadmonkey 04-19-2007 06:57 AM

and I have a funny feeling that Desmond is going to start regretting, or stop, saving Charlie's life. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to feel that the woman in the tree would have been Penny if he let Charlie die.......that was the only thing different in the vision and it ended up changing the outcome.