ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dane I'm calling you out. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271677)

Mr. Flopnuts 04-05-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9558509)
Mission accomplished. Good job, boys. The next time I want some drama, I'll just permaban Hootie. That is almost guaranteed to do it.

Upon further review, and seeing my rep comments, apparently that would do exactly what banning Zach did. Just get me a bunch of posirep and no one would give a ****. I am a pathetic rep whore... Hmm...

NewChief 04-05-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9558508)
If you have any true appreciation for the media you practice you should have a more open mind to at least knowing the art form you claim is your passion. Could an author in this digital world not know how to spell? With spell check he/she may survive without proper grammar or knowing how to write in cursive even, but wouldn't that deduct from his/hers accomplishments in the field some what?

Most schools that teach photography are doing away with dark rooms and going all digital. It's obsolete. Do we teach kids how to use a typewriter instead of a computer so that they respect the tradition?

That being said, there are valid reasons to still use film, but it doesn't make someone a lesser photographer if they don't or haven't.

Rasputin 04-05-2013 07:26 AM

FUSHTA!!

Simply Red 04-05-2013 07:50 AM

Hootie is a pretty good poster this go around, he hasn't annoyed me in a very long time - same thing w/ Zach, both of them use to annoy me and I them. But I think we're all three over it, by now. I say keep them both. :)

Frazod 04-05-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9558555)
Upon further review, and seeing my rep comments, apparently that would do exactly what banning Zach did. Just get me a bunch of posirep and no one would give a ****. I am a pathetic rep whore... Hmm...

Hootie never changes. Zach gets worse and worse.

Ace Gunner 04-05-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9558600)
Most schools that teach photography are doing away with dark rooms and going all digital. It's obsolete. Do we teach kids how to use a typewriter instead of a computer so that they respect the tradition?

That being said, there are valid reasons to still use film, but it doesn't make someone a lesser photographer if they don't or haven't.

yes, the distinction is "art"

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-05-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9558706)
Hootie never changes. Zach gets worse and worse.

If you don't mind my asking, what caused the initial rift between you and Zach?

threebag 04-05-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9558717)

Oxygen

Frazod 04-05-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9558717)

Basically him morphing into a complete twat over the years. I used to like him. There's a picture of me, him and Morpheus taken at Joe's during one of the yearly gatherings floating around here somewhere. Seemed like a nice kid back then. Now I wouldn't piss on him to put out flames.

If you're asking about one specific incident that was the tipping point, I don't remember it. Nor do I care to dig through the archives to figure it out.

patteeu 04-05-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9558737)
Basically him morphing into a complete twat over the years. I used to like him. There's a picture of me, him and Morpheus taken at Joe's during one of the yearly gatherings floating around here somewhere. Seemed like a nice kid back then. Now I wouldn't piss on him to put out flames.

If you're asking about one specific incident that was the tipping point, I don't remember it. Nor do I care to dig through the archives to figure it out.

Maybe you just don't like boys once they grow into men? :shrug:

tee hee

Frazod 04-05-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9558744)
Maybe you just don't like boys once they grow into men? :shrug:

tee hee

The whole point is he really didn't grow into a man - he grew into DEnise.

stevieray 04-05-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9558600)

I can see both sides..but computer generated art doesn't eliminate hand painted art.

NewChief 04-05-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9558753)
I can see both sides..but computer generated art doesn't eliminate hand painted art.

Absolutely agree. And I'm not saying that film is invalid in this day and age either. But one shouldn't be considered a lesser artist for choosing one medium over the other, imo.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-05-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9558737)

Yeah. I remembered you two being friendly at one point. No need for gumshoeing.

burt 04-05-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9558406)
This thread has become, well, strange. Either everyone is drunk right now, like me, or I'm surrounded by idiots.

B