ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Offical 2012 STL Cardinals World Champions Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619)

DJ's left nut 10-23-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9042035)
Go sign Elvis andrus, bring up Tavares to play cf get healthy and see what happens

You sound like a Yankees fan.

Andrus is under team control for 2 more years. If you want him, be prepared to trade Tavares to get him.

jd1020 10-23-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9042109)

Andrus is under team control for 2 more years. If you want him, be prepared to trade Tavares to get him.

He didn't have to trade Tavares for Andrus in MLB 12 The Show.

O.city 10-23-2012 09:09 AM

My fault, was told he was a free agent this year and was too lazy to check

tooge 10-23-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9042032)
Actually they still get to keep the trophy from last year. As well as the other 10.

Except that 2012 Cardinals world champs thread is the title, not the 2011 cardinals world champions thread, and they AREN'T the 2012 world champions. Get it? I don't care if they have one, ten, or thirty. They aren't THIS years because they choked.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-23-2012 10:32 AM

Piss off Our Timer

Pasta Little Brioni 10-23-2012 10:33 AM

Giants have the mojo. Watch out Tiggers.

DJ's left nut 10-23-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9042460)
Giants have the mojo. Watch out Tiggers.

Mojo tends to buckle under the weight of 100 mph fastballs.

The Tiggers should detonate the Giants. The Giants still only have 2 decent SPs and that's not going to be enough against a lineup as deep as the Tigers, especially with the SP that Detroit brings to bear.

The Giants will beat the Tigers bullpen at least once, but they need to turn that trick at least twice to have a chance.

I say Detroit takes it in 5 by closing it out on their home turf.

Y'know, kinda like we should've done when we took the night off against Barry MFing Zito.

!@#$. Angry again. ****ing Cardinals.

Frazod 10-23-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9042323)
Except that 2012 Cardinals world champs thread is the title, not the 2011 cardinals world champions thread, and they AREN'T the 2012 world champions. Get it? I don't care if they have one, ten, or thirty. They aren't THIS years because they choked.

Look, butthurt little royals fan, it's a 2012 thread. At the time it was created, they were, in fact, World Champions, and technically still are until somebody wins that fourth game this week.

Next year's thread won't say that.

Get it?

BigRedChief 10-23-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9042323)

We have always labled the "Official" thread the current year. We won the WS and were the reining World Champions all season.

Why you would come in here and complain about a title that's been up all season? No one in here considers the Royals a rival and most only wish good things would happen to the local team. Sounds like a lot of butt hurt to me.

BigRedChief 10-23-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9041959)
can we change the name of the thread now please? It's the Official Cardinals Choke away a 3 games to 1 lead thread and/or the Giants rule thread. Thank you.

We will just have to console ourselfs with 3 trips to the World series in 7 years with 2 World Championships.

How do you console yourself after another losing season? Or because it happens every year, it doesn't bother you anymore.

VAChief 10-25-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9042109)

I would trade Shelby to get him. Texas kid who got some good exposure at the end of the year here. I could see that happening. Texas is going to lose Elvis in 2 years, their can't miss prospect at short is ready now if needed...sounds like win win to me. We still have Rosenthal, Wacha, Seigrist, and Martinez who have power arms that could be ready for starter roles just as quickly as Shelby.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-25-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9042548)
Mojo tends to buckle under the weight of 100 mph fastballs.

The Tiggers should detonate the Giants. The Giants still only have 2 decent SPs and that's not going to be enough against a lineup as deep as the Tigers, especially with the SP that Detroit brings to bear.

The Giants will beat the Tigers bullpen at least once, but they need to turn that trick at least twice to have a chance.

I say Detroit takes it in 5 by closing it out on their home turf.

Y'know, kinda like we should've done when we took the night off against Barry MFing Zito.

!@#$. Angry again. ****ing Cardinals.

You were saying....

whoman69 10-25-2012 12:58 PM

Always bet on the tested team rather than the rested team in the first days of a playoff.

BigRedChief 10-25-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAChief (Post 9048486)
I would trade Shelby to get him. Texas kid who got some good exposure at the end of the year here. I could see that happening. Texas is going to lose Elvis in 2 years, their can't miss prospect at short is ready now if needed...sounds like win win to me. We still have Rosenthal, Wacha, Seigrist, and Martinez who have power arms that could be ready for starter roles just as quickly as Shelby.

****ing Mo was signaling he was open to offers according to Gould's tweet from the post dispatch.

VAChief 10-25-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9049831)
****ing Mo was signaling he was open to offers according to Gould's tweet from the post dispatch.

Offers for Miller? Andrus is the only guy I have seen that might be available that would seem like a possibility. Andrus is only 24 and I think he would flourish in St. Louis. We could be set up the middle for 10 years if Wong pans out as expected. Maybe not All-Stars every year, but solid all around guys.