ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV *Fringe* the series Official thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191156)

BigRedChief 09-18-2009 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6083232)
I think they just wanted to get things started quick as far as the too informative part. Part of the problem last year was the first 8 episodes taking too long to develop and they lost some of the audience. They aren't making that mistake again.

correct, more of a set up episode instead of dragging it out. This still has the potential to be a very good show. Lots of possibilites and angles.

Mr. Plow 09-18-2009 08:39 AM

Liked, but didn't love, the episode. Still a good one. Since they've cut a few of my other shows this year, I've been really looking forward to Fringe.

CoMoChief 09-18-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6083558)
Liked, but didn't love, the episode. Still a good one. Since they've cut a few of my other shows this year, I've been really looking forward to Fringe.

Same thought here as well. Not one of the funnier episodes but the show was ok. Definately the best season premiere I thought was season 2. Gay Witch Hunt I think was the title of that episode

Mr. Plow 09-18-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 6083587)
Same thought here as well. Not one of the funnier episodes but the show was ok. Definately the best season premiere I thought was season 2. Gay Witch Hunt I think was the title of that episode

Isn't this year season 2? Maybe I'm forgetting a season in there, but I thought last year was the first year of the show.

blazzin311 09-18-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6083788)
Isn't this year season 2? Maybe I'm forgetting a season in there, but I thought last year was the first year of the show.

You are correct. I'm not sure what CoMoChief is referring to in the post above yours.

keg in kc 09-18-2009 12:58 PM

I thought it was solid. It didn't resolve last year's finale, but it did work as a launching pad for this season.

Baby Lee 09-19-2009 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazzin311 (Post 6084008)
You are correct. I'm not sure what CoMoChief is referring to in the post above yours.

He thinks he's in 'The Office' thread. Even then, that episode was in season 3.

And Walter's autopsy hands absentmindedly wandering closer and closer to the custard mixing bowl in Astrid's horrified arms was a nicely played bit.

Oh, and what think you all was 'can't find my way home' alluding to?

KcMizzou 09-19-2009 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 6086423)
He thinks he's in 'The Office' thread.

LMAO

WoodDraw 09-19-2009 09:45 AM

I'm scared this is going to go the way of Alias and spiral down under the weight of its own mythology. JJ creates awesome characters and universes, but seems to struggle to resolve anything.

DaneMcCloud 09-19-2009 10:11 AM

I can't believe no one's mentioned Mulder & Scully on the TV in the first victim's apartment.

Also, I think they're setting up Walter to tell Peter that he's from the "other side".

I think that'll be revealed to Peter at some point this season.

Baby Lee 09-19-2009 10:20 AM

This man's anus is soaking wet!!

Fish 09-19-2009 10:37 AM

Walter absolutely makes this show. When he tried to dip his bloody finger in the pudding only to have it slapped away, I had to laugh my ass off. They did manage to make that scene rather uncomfortable and funny at the same time.

And yes I thought that was a cool nod to the X Files. The show has a lot of X Files feel to it, which is probably why I'm such a big fan.

BigRedChief 09-19-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6086502)
I can't believe no one's mentioned Mulder & Scully on the TV in the first victim's apartment.

Also, I think they're setting up Walter to tell Peter that he's from the "other side".

We have already seen his tombstone on this side of reality.

aturnis 09-19-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6087150)
We have already seen his tombstone on this side of reality.

Peter hasn't seen it, he has no idea he's from another universe. I think that's what he's getting at.

Also, there was also another "tribute" to the "X files" at the congressional hearings with Broyle's. Senator says something like, "The old 'x' designation, and your Fringe investigations have been indulgences in the federal budget for nearly half a century".

007 09-19-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6086502)

I definitely caught that. Just forgot about by the end of the episode.