ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL NCAA BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK / BUBBLE WATCH THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242398)

R8RFAN 03-13-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7487073)
I'm sure Vitale rubbed one out to it lol. Duke is Duke. Live by the three, die by the three. inconsistent D. They don't play well enough on D to afford to have a bad shooting day. They play one way and one way only and if someone messes that up, they lose.

You know, they say a loss never helps but as bad as the Tarheels played the last 3 days, they need some reality slapped back in their heads...

They aren't going far this year with a Fresh at point guard....
Duke will last until a team with a decent inside game meets them.

007 03-13-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 7487075)
Right now, Bracketology has KU in the Southwest Region with KU, North Carolina, Kentucky and Louisville as the top 4 seeds in the region. That seems like a brutal region.

Holy crap. I sure hope he's wrong.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-13-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7487077)
I wouldn't pay much attention to that. The best we can really expect the experts to do is figure out who is in, which regions the #1's and maybe the #2's will get, and roughly what seed everyone is at +/- 1 or 2 seeds.

Beyond that, it is just too hard to predict exactly who will be in each region, and the experts don't do a good job predicting that.

How do you think we match up with Kentucky?

Stewie 03-13-2011 01:17 PM

Dang! The round mound of rebound is getting rounder.

alnorth 03-13-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7487083)
How do you think we match up with Kentucky?

honestly not sure, I did not watch a single kentucky game this season.

Usually I watch a lot of basketball and roughly know what most of the top teams look like, but this year I was busy and mailed it in a bit. Saw several KU games, caught a few other odd games that looked interesting (seriously, SD State is a good team, I'll be stunned if they are out in the first weekend), and thats it.

Maybe that will help me in the office pool this year, since of course the ones who win that typically don't know what they are doing. For example, I'm seriously thinking about picking Richmond to the sweet 16 simply because having a spider as a mascot is cool. I have no idea if they are really any good or not.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-13-2011 02:08 PM

Question...If Ohio State loses are they still the #1 overall seed to the committee?

alnorth 03-13-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7487163)
Question...If Ohio State loses are they still the #1 overall seed to the committee?

probably, unless the committee had us overall #1 all along. The reason we moved our championship game to saturday is because our championship game winner wasn't given any credit for the last win. They obviously have to have a plan ready to go for Penn State if they weren't already picked as an at-large, but if Ohio State is the overall #1 now, losing today wont change that.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-13-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7487170)
probably, unless the committee had us overall #1 all along. The reason we moved our championship game to saturday is because our championship game winner wasn't given any credit for the last win. They obviously have to have a plan ready to go for Penn State if they weren't already picked as an at-large, but if Ohio State is the overall #1 now, losing today wont change that.

I just don't see how they can be the #1 overall seed regardless of what happens. IMO, our body of work is a lot better. All the talk I've heard from the media is that OSU is the #1 overall seed, but that's the media. I just don't see how they get it after what we have done...but oh well lol

DJay23 03-13-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7487176)
I just don't see how they can be the #1 overall seed regardless of what happens. IMO, our body of work is a lot better. All the talk I've heard from the media is that OSU is the #1 overall seed, but that's the media. I just don't see how they get it after what we have done...but oh well lol

KU has really been an afterthought through all of this. They always ask the experts who the number one is and it's always OSU despite the relative similarity in resume to KU. There is at least an argument there, but no one is having it.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-13-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 7487183)
KU has really been an afterthought through all of this. They always ask the experts who the number one is and it's always OSU despite the relative similarity in resume to KU. There is at least an argument there, but no one is having it.

FWIW, Barkley isn't too high on OSU. He wants them to play a good team he says lol

Dunit35 03-13-2011 02:53 PM

According to Joe lunardi, KSU should make it to the sweet sixteen as a six seed. Up against michigan state and winner plays BYU or Wofford. JMO

Mr. Plow 03-13-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 7487221)
According to Joe lunardi, KSU should make it to the sweet sixteen as a six seed. Up against michigan state and winner plays BYU or Wofford. JMO

Did you see that bracket? 1 - ND; 2 - Duke; 3 - BYU; 4 - Wisconsin; 5 - Arizona ; 6- KSU. lol

kstater 03-13-2011 03:04 PM

So is this the preemptive KU gets the hardest bracket thread?

alnorth 03-13-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 7487230)

This isn't phog.net, I'm a huge KU fan but there have been years where I looked at it and said "sweet, looks easy!" (faceplant in the 2nd round), or "eh, about right, glad we're not in that other bracket", and then years where I thought we got screwed.

Mr. Plow 03-13-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 7487230)

The preemptive whining about the KU fans whining begins.