ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Broken Planes & Families, and the number 159 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=247877)

4th and Long 08-02-2011 01:51 PM

This thread is a vampire. Someone please drive a stake through it's heart.
Posted via Mobile Device

tooge 08-02-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jet62 (Post 7792103)
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/a...uZ62/Aloha.jpg

This incident brought about changes as to how often aging aircraft are inspected for metal fatigue and corrosion. Although it was catastrophic and one flight attendant died, the airplane held together and was able to land. BTW… this is the same basic airframe involved with Caribbean Airlines Flight 523 proving that it had an incident on the ground right after landing (the photo shows the engine thrust reversers still deployed as they would be after landing).

those folks have some serious wind hair

Stewie 08-02-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long (Post 7795860)
This thread is a vampire. Someone please drive a stake through it's heart.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mensa won't let it die.

seclark 08-02-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 7795861)
those folks have some serious wind hair

hope they stowed their carry on under their seat.
sec

KCHawg 08-02-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7795644)
Sure man, sure. :LOL:

Nope, still not a mult...but my 25+ years of aircraft maintenance experience says THAT. CAN. NOT. HAPPEN. IN. THE. AIR!!! DUMBASS!!

MOhillbilly 08-02-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 7795872)
hope they stowed their carry on under their seat.
sec

:huh:only if ya didnt shit through the seat.

Iowanian 08-02-2011 01:57 PM

Frankie is so smart, he can sniff 3 day old farts from a metro bus seat and tell you what the provider had for dinner the day before.

Donger 08-02-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7795664)
I think you need to look up the de Havilland Comet. They had catastrophic fatigue failures in flight that killed everyone on board and eventually grounded the fleet. The two most famous crashes were operated by British Overseas Airways Corporation. The planes flew in the '50s. It changed aircraft design forever.

I'm familiar with the Comet. Their fuselages didn't break in half like the aircraft in the OP. The British dorks used rectangular passenger windows, which led to the skin of the fuselage ripping at the corners. But, no, the fuselage didn't break in half.

loochy 08-02-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 7795882)
Frankie is so smart, he can sniff 3 day old farts from a metro bus seat and tell you what the provider had for dinner the day before.

The provider probably had flying monkeys for dinner. They tried to fly out while the person was on the bus.

ToxSocks 08-02-2011 02:00 PM

I hate this thread. It wont go away.

Iowanian 08-02-2011 02:02 PM

The Chiefs PR staff just pulled this thread up in a meeting and said "the threadstarter is the same dumbass criticizing your off-season moves, Scott".

loochy 08-02-2011 02:04 PM

I hate this thread so much that I'll bump it and prolong it's life by posting a comment complaining about it.

Stewie 08-02-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7795885)
I'm familiar with the Comet. Their fuselages didn't break in half like the aircraft in the OP. The British dorks used rectangular passenger windows, which led to the skin of the fuselage ripping at the corners. But, no, the fuselage didn't break in half.

I was pointing out the fact that metal fatigue has caused catastrophic disasters. They don't know that the failures were caused by the windows. It was more likely a combination of the unknown properties of aluminum and rivets used in the construction.

tooge 08-02-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7794458)
Haha! Incorrect from the first word to the last.

Nervous agitated laughter is not laughter of joy nor of belittlement. My extensive experience here has been the "people" you speak of are only those who can't handle being outwitted, out-debated, and outsmarted by the "ferner." I'm used to dumb rednecks and particularly enjoy getting under their skin.

Frankie, Frankie, Frankie. Let me clear up the argument everyone is making since you were unable to tie all the pieces together. Planes do not just break in half while flying through the air. Not modern planes anyhow. Planes are designed to take off of a runway, fly through the air, and then land on a runway. They are not designed to careen off the runway and into a ditch. When they do that, yes, there is a chance they may break in two being as they aren't designed to do it. The article never mentions the plane ever got off the ground, and simply states that the plane ran off the runway. Therefor, buy deductive reasoning alone, you should be able to see that this in no way proves anything other than the fact that 737's flying in Guyana, can split in two when they run off of the end of the runway. Nothing else is implied here. You are welcome.

Donger 08-02-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7795682)
Clearly you guys need to ad up your IQs to try to match mine.

:spock: