ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs In big win, Chiefs find a leader in Romeo Crennel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253947)

Hammock Parties 12-20-2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8221944)
Age is part of the factor but I'd also be interested in hearing why Crennel didn't work in Cleveland?

Player's coach, lack of discipline, inmates running the asylum.

Hammock Parties 12-20-2011 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 8221932)
What has happened in the past has no bearing on what will happen in this situation.

We should stick with Cassel, then. I'm convinced. LMAO

Hammock Parties 12-20-2011 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8221887)
Are you going to address my concern that coaches whose names start with R have NEVER won a superbowl????

So we can't hire a coach named Romeo or Ray or Ron, right?

Please explain how my argument significantly differs from yours.

I'd love to see this.

Because a person's name has no bearing on how he functions at his job.

AustinChief 12-20-2011 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8222013)
Because a person's name has no bearing on how he functions at his job.

gotcha.. so then you can prove that his name has less bearing on his ability to be a winning coach then his age? what? no?

or, what about this .. no one from St. Joe has ever coached a winning SB team.. therefore someone born in St Joe must not be capable of doing it, that is EXACTLY what your "logic" is attempting to say...

What magically happens when a person turns 64 that makes them a bad coach? Do they get dumber? Do they all start to forget what it takes to win? Do they suddenly lose their work ethic?

Fact is, Romeo was doing a damn fine job as our DC and their is NO reason to believe that suddenly his age will be a factor.

You're just being an idiotic troll. I just don't understand how someone with your obvious lack of critical thinking skills can survive on a day to day basis in the world. You really are a ****ing moron.

Hammock Parties 12-20-2011 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8222039)
What magically happens when a person turns 64 that makes them a bad coach? Do they get dumber? Do they all start to forget what it takes to win? Do they suddenly lose their work ethic?

I don't know. All I know is that no coach over the age of 63 has ever won a Super Bowl.

Getting old sucks.

Hammock Parties 12-20-2011 02:00 AM

It would seem, judging by the insults (which I have risen above and ignored), some of you are less than happy to learn that statistically speaking, Romeo is a waste of our time.

I apologize for taking the shine off our win, but just remember that Gunther Cunningham once knocked off the world champions, too.

AustinChief 12-20-2011 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8222044)
I don't know. All I know is that no coach over the age of 63 has ever won a Super Bowl.

Getting old sucks.

And no coach with a name starting with an R and no coach from St Joe and no coach with a mohawk and no coach who was fluent in Mandarin and no coach who is a Japanese-American... and no coach with 7 toes ...

None of those factors have any bearing on the ability of a coach... just like age has no bearing when you are talking about a 64 year old.

I think you get the point... or maybe you don't. Seriously, your logic skills are abysmal.

Hammock Parties 12-20-2011 02:12 AM

Age definitely has a bearing. How can anyone say otherwise? There is a reason there are so few head coaches who last into their 60s, so few that are even hired at that age.

Raiderhater 12-20-2011 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8222064)
Age definitely has a bearing. How can anyone say otherwise? There is a reason there are so few head coaches who last into their 60s, so few that are even hired at that age.

Maybe most lose their drive at a certain age. Romeo obviously hasn't.

FAX 12-20-2011 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8222073)
Maybe most lose their drive at a certain age. Romeo obviously hasn't.

Romeo is round.

Round guys can't lose their edge because they never had one to begin with.

Also, the main problem with round guys is that they are easy going. It's Raider Week, though and the last damn thing we need around here is an easy going round guy.

FAX

Rausch 12-20-2011 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8222044)

Getting old sucks.

How old was DV in St. Louis? He had to be pretty close.

And Marv Levy lost 4 when he looked about 80. Again, don't know his exact age but I'd settle for 4 losing SB trips right about now...

Phobia 12-20-2011 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8222052)
It would seem, judging by the insults (which I have risen above and ignored),

Until just now.

You're thick. You find an agenda and stick with it. Half a dozen people have shown you why your contention is wrong but you have to stick with the agenda. That's donkey behavior. It really is. You're not thinking about this logically. I don't know why you're not. The only things that are know is that 3 coaches over the age of 60 have won a Super Bowl out of 30 total winners since 1967. Somehow you've concluded that means Romeo Crennel should be disqualified. I'm not even clamouring for Crennel to coach the Chiefs in 2012 based on one game. But I do reject your notion for disqualification.

Phobia 12-20-2011 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8222122)
How old was DV in St. Louis? He had to be pretty close.

And Marv Levy lost 4 when he looked about 80. Again, don't know his exact age but I'd settle for 4 losing SB trips right about now...

He was 62. Marv Levy was hired by the Bills when he was 61 and that was in 86. He took the Bills to 4 straight SuperBowls starting in 90 so he would have been 69 in the last SB. He continued coaching the Bills until he was 73. He won the AFC East 6 out of his 12 years at Buffalo and finished 2nd and earned wildcard playoff berths 2 other years.

"The age factor means nothing to me. I'm old enough to know my limitations and I'm young enough to exceed them." - Marv Levy.

NJChiefsFan 12-20-2011 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8222132)
Until just now.

You're thick. You find an agenda and stick with it. Half a dozen people have shown you why your contention is wrong but you have to stick with the agenda. That's donkey behavior. It really is. You're not thinking about this logically. I don't know why you're not. The only things that are know is that 3 coaches over the age of 60 have won a Super Bowl out of 30 total winners since 1967. Somehow you've concluded that means Romeo Crennel should be disqualified. I'm not even clamouring for Crennel to coach the Chiefs in 2012 based on one game. But I do reject your notion for disqualification.

Well said. Not that I should get on people for not giving in during an arguement.

Hammock Parties 12-20-2011 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8222132)
The only things that are know is that 3 coaches over the age of 60 have won a Super Bowl out of 30 total winners since 1967.

Terrible odds. Enough for me to pass on Romeo.