ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Top DC Candidate (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268579)

the Talking Can 01-07-2013 06:47 PM

i hate this fanbase...but you already knew that

RealSNR 01-07-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC kid (Post 9293436)
We all want a "franchise quarterback" so bad it hurts. I know I do. However, if the best talent evaluators in the game determine that no quarterback is worth the risk at one and a stud is available at another premier position that you need, you have to trust their evaluation and deal with it.

There ****ing isn't.

I wouldn't take Jarvis Jones in the top 10 at all.

Manti Te'o? Don't get me started.

And all the LTs are slapdicks. If it's a big deal that there aren't any Andrew Lucks, it's an even more glaring deal that there aren't any Joe Thomases.

Would you rather draft a sub-par QB or a sub-par LT? Because that's what it comes down to this year at #1. I don't know about you all, but I'd rather roll the dice on the QB and take the upside that comes with it.

Mother****erJones 01-07-2013 06:48 PM

Jarvis Jones has got like ****ing spinal stenosis. AKA narrowing of the spine. I like him but QB is what is killing us not pass rusher. Im not into a MLB at no 1. He isnt Ray Lewis.

RealSNR 01-07-2013 06:49 PM

That is, of course, if you believe the myth about the sub-par QBs at #1 this year.

I don't. But you good little followers should listen to Kiper and do what he says. It's part of your weirdass stupid religion to do so, I get it.

KC kid 01-07-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9293453)
so risky....oh no

I am not risk averse. . . but I do not put all my money in winning the lottery either. I am not saying you do not take a QB at one. I am not a QB guru like these guys are. If they determine that they don't think any of the college qbs are worth dick shit, then go another direction.

I think there is a lot to be written yet on what scouts think of these qbs after pro days, interviews, and combines. We have only heard from talking heads at this point.

KC kid 01-07-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9293457)
There ****ing isn't.

I wouldn't take Jarvis Jones in the top 10 at all.

Manti Te'o? Don't get me started.

And all the LTs are slapdicks. If it's a big deal that there aren't any Andrew Lucks, it's an even more glaring deal that there aren't any Joe Thomases.

Would you rather draft a sub-par QB or a sub-par LT? Because that's what it comes down to this year at #1. I don't know about you all, but I'd rather roll the dice on the QB and take the upside that comes with it.

I keep reading that Luke Joeckel is a Joe Thomas type player though. We will see what happens over the next few months with the draft board.

the Talking Can 01-07-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC kid (Post 9293467)
I am not risk averse. . . but I do not put all my money in winning the lottery either. I am not saying you do not take a QB at one. I am not a QB guru like these guys are. If they determine that they don't think any of the college qbs are worth dick shit, then go another direction.

I think there is a lot to be written yet on what scouts think of these qbs after pro days, interviews, and combines. We have only heard from talking heads at this point.

lottery ticket

jesus...

have fun drafting a LT...

KC kid 01-07-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9293460)
Jarvis Jones has got like ****ing spinal stenosis. AKA narrowing of the spine. I like him but QB is what is killing us not pass rusher. Im not into a MLB at no 1. He isnt Ray Lewis.

I agree. I would not **** with narrowing of the spine.

KC kid 01-07-2013 06:55 PM

Right now, until one of these quarterbacks separates from the pack, you could put 5-7 of these qbs in a hat and pick one. If you're odds are one in seven in getting the right one, it doesn't matter if you pull the first name out of the hat or the last name.

That being said, I REALLY hope one of these guys rises up and differentiates himself.

AustinChief 01-07-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9293457)

Ok this is complete bullshit. Joeckel and Lewan aren't worth a top 3 pick (IMHO) but they are NOT slapdicks. That's just dumb. Hell, Lewan held up fantastically versus Clowney... not exactly something a "slapdick" should be able to say.

I do however agree that I'd rather risk it on a QB IF our coaches/scouts think one has the upside. I'm sure after the combine this talk will all be moot.

the Talking Can 01-07-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC kid (Post 9293492)
Right now, until one of these quarterbacks separates from the pack, you could put 5-7 of these qbs in a hat and pick one. If you're odds are one in seven in getting the right one, it doesn't matter if you pull the first name out of the hat or the last name.

That being said, I REALLY hope one of these guys rises up and differentiates himself.

man, that's dumb...

Sassy Squatch 01-07-2013 06:59 PM

Any news on the DC front?

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9293433)
"oh noes, it risky"

nothing is certain...for the love of god people...

what great hex will descend upon us if we dare to draft a QB #1 and he isn't John Montana Elway Brady the 3rd?

i can't believe people still think this way after 30 god damn years of absolute ****ing bullshit at the QB position...

Is that what *I* said? No.

Look around. All of the talking heads are saying there is no Franchise QB in this year's draft. No where did I say that the Chiefs shouldn't take a guy #1 overall.

keg in kc 01-07-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9293502)
Lewan held up fantastically versus Clowney...

He had a bunch of penalties and Clowney had clearly worn him down by the end. I wouldn't touch the guy anywhere in the top 10 (course I've long thought that...)

keg in kc 01-07-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9293512)
Look around. All of the talking heads are saying there is no Franchise QB in this year's draft. No where did I say that the Chiefs shouldn't take a guy #1 overall.

These are the same talking heads who had Griffin going between 8 and 10 at this time last year.