ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid with Peter King (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268926)

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9327280)
Raji and Cody both suck. Shit...they might be worse than Poe or in the same tier as Poe.

we'd be better off with either versus who we drafted in their place...

and both actually did something in college to merit being drafted

O.city 01-16-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9327286)
based on what? measurements?

not based on anything he has ever done on a football field

cody's not great, but ravens had the 2nd ranked rush defense with him as starter in 2011...and he came in the second round

Yeah, and with Suggs and Lewis out this year, their rush defense was assfart.

Yeah, Poe is all about measurables at this point. He had some flashes last year, and I think the 1 gap system will help him, and for that matter, any other dlinman we bring in.

The 2 gap, IMO, is a stupid ass out of date system thats hard as shit to learn and correctly run.

-King- 01-16-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9327286)
based on what? measurements?

not based on anything he has ever done on a football field

cody's not great, but ravens had the 2nd ranked rush defense with him as starter in 2011...and he came in the second round

That had 0% to do with Cody being a starter.

Saccopoo 01-16-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9327275)
Well, Cody hasn't exactly lit the world on fire.

Poe has elite potential. Just needs to learn the craft.

Stop it.

Elite is kicking the shit out of people at every level.

It's Jack Lambert diving into gravel in a touch football game.

It's Will Shields driving guys into the ground play after play.

It's Jared Allen getting drafted as a long snapper after destroying dudes every single game at defensive end.

You have it or you don't.

That's why I have faith in guys like Rod Hudson, Eric Berry, Justin Houston, etc.

They've kicked ass regardless and, given the chance, will happily relish knocking some pricks dick in the dirt.

However, if you haven't ever done it, it's a lot steeper uphill climb.

O.city 01-16-2013 11:37 PM

I guess the elite potential didn't really come accross as I meant it. Physically, he was everything you want.

Whether he can ever translate it, who knows.

O.city 01-16-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9327296)
Stop it.

It's Jared Allen getting drafted as a long snapper after destroying dudes every single game at defensive end.

That's why I have faith in guys like Rod Hudson, Eric Berry, Justin Houston, etc.

They've kicked ass regardless and, given the chance, will happily relish knocking some pricks dick in the dirt.

And IMO, thats being elite. Never said Poe was elite.

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9327293)
That had 0% to do with Cody being a starter.

that has 0% to do with reality

Tribal Warfare 01-16-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9327296)
Stop it.

Some guys did need development to bring out that elite potential.

-King- 01-16-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9327304)
that has 0% to do with reality

Are you really suggesting that Cody was the reason the 2011 Ravens defense was good? What about the previous 3 seasons when they also ranked 3rd in points allowed?

The Ravens defense was a machine. As long as Ngata, Lewis, Suggs, and Reed were healthy, it didn't matter what other players played with them. Hell, it didn't even matter what coach coached them. Something like 5 defensive coordinators came and went and they were still a top 5 defense year in and year out.

You or I could have been a starter on the Ravens defense in 2011 instead of Cody and it would have still been top 5.

Austin Ed 01-16-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9321287)
I just think that it SUCKS to still need 3 drafts or so...damn - we've been saying that for the better part of a DECADE. :facepalm:

What else is he going to say? Is he going to go full blown Rex Ryan on us and guarantee the SB? He might actually believe that the Chiefs are a playoff team waiting to happen but he isn't stupid enough to say that to SI at this point in time.

beach tribe 01-17-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9321310)
I think he said 2-3 drafts just so some of the dumber fans arent expecting a super bowl this year.

I'm sure he'd like to think he can produce a winner a lot sooner than that.

Sounds like a very intelligent answer. If he were to say we had the talent in place to win he would be crucified if we didn't. If he starts winning sooner it looks as if he's pulling off a hell of a coach up. Yeah, I'd imagine he doesn't want to wait three years to build a winner.

chiefzilla1501 01-17-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9327272)
i ****ing hate the poe pick

we institute a 3-4, then wait 4 years - while passing on raji and Cody [in the 2nd!!] - to draft a combine freak who did jack shit in college...at #11

embarrassing

JPP was a pick with potential...this was just a dumb pick

Get out of here with that shit. Cody was garbage this year. http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,6000786.story

Poe was a good pick. He played 60+% of the snaps at the most demanding position in the game. Despite a steep learning curve, he was not a liability on the field, which is an accomplishment for a rookie (couldn't say the same for Tyson Jackson's rookie season). He didn't make plays, but he didn't blow them either.

I can understand not liking the pick. But trying to act like Poe was a disappointment is just plain ridiculous. He has a very, very long way to go, but he's miles better than what we thought he'd be this early on.

Hammock Parties 01-17-2013 12:40 AM

I wouldn't say he was a disappointment. He was a bit better than I expected him to be (total dogshit), but he wasn't good in any way.

The issue here is people saying he has great potential to be a game changer. That's a silly statement. Extremely silly. Stop that, it's silly.

chiefzilla1501 01-17-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9327429)
I wouldn't say he was a disappointment. He was a bit better than I expected him to be (total dogshit), but he wasn't good in any way.

The issue here is people saying he has great potential to be a game changer. That's a silly statement. Extremely silly. Stop that, it's silly.

He absolutely has the potential to be. Has he shown it? No. Does he have that potential? Absolutely, and a lot moreso than Cody and Raji did. And I was a guy who wanted Raji at #3.

Hammock Parties 01-17-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9327440)
He absolutely has the potential to be. Has he shown it? No. Does he have that potential? Absolutely, and a lot moreso than Cody and Raji did. And I was a guy who wanted Raji at #3.

He doesn't have the potential to be, because he has literally never shown it on a football field.

Jon ****ing Baldwin has more potential to be a game changer because at least he made a couple of big-time catches in his life.

Dontari Poe hasn't done shit in college or in the NFL. I don't give a crap that he ran a nice 40 in shorts. Being a 350-pound Vernon Gholston isn't impressive.