ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Carnival Cruise Ship Stranded For 3rd Day - Sewage "Running Down The Walls" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269963)

Deberg_1990 02-15-2013 09:39 AM

watching the reactions from guest leaving last night......they were all over the map.

A couple of ladies seemed like the type who complain about everything. They probably would have had lots of complaints on a normal cruise. A couple of people took it all in stride, and continued to make the best of a bad situation. I like that attitide.

Old Dog 02-15-2013 09:45 AM

I'm sure it was nowhere near pleasant but CNN sensationalism tried to make it sound as though it was akin to the Titanic coated in human waste and everyone on board was a half step away from death.

Bearcat 02-15-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtebbe (Post 9404947)
You can't tell me that Carnival didn't have another ship in the immediate area that they could have transferred the passengers to. But then they would have had 2 ships full of unhappy cruisers. So the who ordeal was a calculated risk. Clearly $$$ over humanity.

DT

A ship with 6,000 people that's built for 3,000, with probably little extra storage for food, extra emergency equipment, extra space for employees, etc; sounds like a terrible idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9404983)
watching the reactions from guest leaving last night......they were all over the map.

A couple of ladies seemed like the type who complain about everything. They probably would have had lots of complaints on a normal cruise. A couple of people took it all in stride, and continued to make the best of a bad situation. I like that attitide.

Yeah, I read one quote that mentioned how great the staff was through the whole thing, and of course other people focusing on how terrible everything was, how they weren't told anything, etc. I thought the cruise I went on last summer was perfect, yet heard people complain about every little thing... so I'm surprised those types of people didn't throw themselves overboard, instead of dealing with the horrors of cold food, cold showers, and power failures.

Deberg_1990 02-15-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9404991)
I'm sure it was nowhere near pleasant but CNN sensationalism tried to make it sound as though it was akin to the Titanic coated in human waste and everyone on board was a half step away from death.

yea, you could definately tell they were trying to play it up. Throwing around terms like "disaster".....really??? Did anyone die?

ptlyon 02-15-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

That is a result if the pussification of america

Bearcat 02-15-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

One article was "5 things we learned about cruises," and it went into how any cruise can change course at any time and that it's written into the contract that there might not even be compensation if they miss a port...... it wasn't even about this freakin' ship, it was just a fluff article to show the evils of cruise lines. If Carnival was taking unnecessary risks, that's one thing, and I'm sure they'll fix it after all of this bad press... but, sometimes bad things happen. Even on vacation.

ptlyon 02-15-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9405000)
yea, you could definately tell they were trying to play it up. Throwing around terms like "disaster".....really??? Did anyone die?

It's not like a meteor struck it or anything
/Chelyabinsk

Deberg_1990 02-15-2013 09:57 AM

One thing im curious about is if Carnival will compensate for any lost wages for missing days of work?

Old Dog 02-15-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9405001)
That is a result if the pussification of america

One of the interviews I heard last night made me laugh. The lady on board talked of having to take cold showers and standing in line for 2-3 hours for food and then mentioned, "we're missing dinner right now to talk to you" to the reporter. I told the Mrs that it seemed to me that she was missing dinner BY CHOICE.

ptlyon 02-15-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9405010)
One thing im curious about is if Carnival will compensate for any lost wages for missing days of work?

I sure hope not. The patrons received a free extension of their vacation for christs sakes!

Old Dog 02-15-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9405010)

That would be the only real question I would have as well (I've yet to be able to find an answer from a reliable source).
That question was asked to the VP last night and he was promptly whisked away by his handler (assuming it was a Carnival lawyer or something).

Monty 02-15-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9405017)
That would be the only real question I would have as well (I've yet to be able to find an answer from a reliable source).
That question was asked to the VP last night and he was promptly whisked away by his handler (assuming it was a Carnival lawyer or something).

I will keep you posted. Right now, we are just going to get some rest. Nothing has been signed or even presented at this point. We are expecting something via snail mail.

Rain Man 02-15-2013 01:41 PM

Looking back, this whole story reminds me of the time I went to India.

Iowanian 02-15-2013 01:41 PM

I can only hope that you heeded my warning and didn't risk "the walrus".

ptlyon 02-15-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Semen (Post 9405605)
I will keep you posted. Right now, we are just going to get some rest.

A lot of banging, eh?