ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs PFT take on Albert and his twitter account (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270849)

WV 04-15-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9587894)
...? Tagging a player is exactly what you do if you want to trade him. He would have been a FA otherwise. If they wanted to keep him they would have just resigned him.

Or perhaps they couldn't work out a long term deal and this is a show me year/explore all your options deal? Follow along....you don't tag a player if you aren't prepared to have them play under said tag. Clearly they think enough of him to possibly pay him over 9 million this year.

Acting as though they tagged him totally hinging on trading him is asinine.

Sassy Squatch 04-15-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9587907)
Or perhaps they couldn't work out a long term deal and this is a show me year/explore all your options deal? Follow along....you don't tag a player if you aren't prepared to have them play under said tag. Clearly they think enough of him to possibly pay him over 9 million this year.

Acting as though they tagged him totally hinging on trading him is asinine.

You do realize he's a troll?

BigCatDaddy 04-15-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9587894)
...? Tagging a player is exactly what you do if you want to trade him. He would have been a FA otherwise. If they wanted to keep him they would have just resigned him.

But you would agree that you franchise guys that are good players, yes?

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2013 10:12 AM

How pleasing it will be for Cockmon to dwell in obscurity, with objects in every orifice come draft day...
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu 04-15-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9587901)
Quarterback hurries, run blocking. If the RT you're playing on the opposite end of is a sieve, the LT's numbers are going to be skewed.

I'm not saying Albert doesn't pass an eye test, I'm saying that I can't use strictly sacks to evaluate them.

The effectiveness of the guy playing the adjacent guard spot probably factors in too.

WV 04-15-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9587910)
You do realize he's a troll?

I know...I even took him off of ignore for that one post and I regret it. :sulk:

It won't happen again.

The Bad Guy 04-15-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9587915)
The effectiveness of the guy playing the adjacent guard spot probably factors in too.

Very true.

Rausch 04-15-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9587889)
What? Trading him after the top 3 tackles go off the board? Why?

If we take a LT at 1.1.....

That's only IF we do go LT at 1 and even then we're trading a very solid player for a prospect.

It's not an even trade off.

The only reason I see for taking LT at 1 is to attempt to create a position of overwhelming strength on both ends and to cover your azz just in case the deal can't be worked out with Albert.

We take a Joekel at 1 and play him at RT for a year he gets experience without having that huge target on his back, add a big talent at our biggest weak spot on the O line, and Albert can't be worked out we just slide him over to LT.

I don't like the move at all if it's a 1 for 1. I like the move if we add that talent and have options for the future...

B14ckmon 04-15-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9587914)
How pleasing it will be for Cockmon to dwell in obscurity, with objects in every orifice come draft day...
Posted via Mobile Device

You realize I am going to absolutely destroy you on draft day right? It will go down in CP infamy.

Rausch 04-15-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9587927)
You realize I am going to absolutely destroy you on draft day right? It will go down in CP infamy.

Do we have a bet or not?

Albert will not be traded before the NFL draft is over.

Yes or no...

Fritz88 04-15-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9587700)
Here is Branden Albert's AV career ratings;

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=pfr&url=%2Fplayers%2FA%2FAlbeBr20.htm&div=div_defense"></script>

Notice he has not improved much. That's because he has not improved. Only a homer would defend that.

And only played one full season
Posted via Mobile Device

ndws 04-15-2013 10:27 AM

I wouldn't even rule out the notion of the whole thing as a smoke screen for draft day leverage. Albert could very well already have a deal worked out, and it gets signed as soon as KC moves down a few clicks in the 1st round. Long shot, but no crazier than the stuff Atlanta pulled for the move away from Jeff George at #1 overall.

Bootlegged 04-15-2013 10:29 AM

If they are successful trading Albert for a high #2..

1.) Joeckel/Fischer
2.) Robert Woods
3.) Tyler Wilson
3b.) Vince Williams
4.) Jordan Hill or some other DE/DT.

LT: Fischer
LG: Asomoah
C: Hudson/Lilja
RG: Schwartz
RT: Stephenson/Allen

QB: Smith
RB: Charles

TE: Fasano/Moeki

WR1: Bowe
WR2: Woods
WR3: Avery
WR4: McCluster

DE: Jackson
DT: Poe
DE: DeVito/Hill

OLB: Hali
ILB: Williams
ILB: DJ
OLB: Houston

CB: Smith/Arenas
FS: Berry
SS: Osama
CB: Flowers/Dunta

TRR 04-15-2013 10:32 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser 04-15-2013 10:38 AM

I want Tyler Wilson on this team as much as I want Tyrann Mathieu on this team - not even in the slightest.