ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Weather Snowing again ... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271309)

Mr. Laz 05-02-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9652458)
Our soils up here have better water holding capacity, so (in the event that it ever ****ing rains again) it won't be that bad. The sandy soils though ..:sulk:

But we're different up here. On my farm the water is all but gone already.

it's always interesting to hear you overall types talk

:p

Radar Chief 05-02-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9652237)
Dalhart.

I used to fly down there. Do not like.

I’ve been to Dalhart, about the same as Liberal, or hell most of those little panhandle towns.

notorious 05-02-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9652559)

Mr. Laz, farmers are an amazing collection of people that can talk about absolutely nothing for hours on end.

Radar Chief 05-02-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9652584)
Mr. Laz, farmers are an amazing collection of people that can talk about absolutely nothing for hours on end.

Like King of the Hill where they stand around on the curb drinking beer and saying “Yep”.

notorious 05-02-2013 12:21 PM

Of course, when you spend 12-16 hours a day on a tractor with nothing but AM radio you take advantage of the opportunity to talk to another human being.

Mr. Laz 05-02-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

sounds like my family ... Heartland people learn to talk like that very early on.

Buehler445 05-02-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9652559)

This is me giving you the finger.

In point of fact though, I've worn precisely 0 pairs of overalls ever. My grandpa actually wore overalls because he was a farm kid during the dust bowl and they had less than no money. So when my older brother was born, my mom bought him some cutesy overalls and grandpa freaked. So no baby overalls for us and I've never work them since. They're overalls after all.

We're not just a bunch of hayseeds for the most part. Those days are over. At least in most places. I fancy myself a fairly intelligent human, but there are lots of guys in production Ag that are way smarter than I am.

Buehler445 05-02-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

I guess I'm not like that so much. If the conversation is going nowhere I need to end it or talk about something of substance. My dad though, he'll talk like nobody's business.

Mr. Laz 05-02-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9652622)

In point of fact though, I've worn precisely 0 pairs of overalls ever. My grandpa actually wore overalls because he was a farm kid during the dust bowl and they had less than no money. So when my older brother was born, my mom bought him some cutesy overalls and grandpa freaked. So no baby overalls for us and I've never work them since. They're overalls after all.

We're not just a bunch of hayseeds for the most part. Those days are over. At least in most places. I fancy myself a fairly intelligent human, but there are lots of guys in production Ag that are way smarter than I am.

oh come on now ... i was just teasing.

:grouphug:

Fish 05-02-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9652622)

I hear you there. It bothers me that everyone seems to view farmers as brainless clod-kicking hicks. It's usually quite the opposite. I was very very close to making farming my profession back in the day. If my mother wouldn't have divorced my asshole stepfather when she did, I'd very likely be running a farm right now. People seriously underestimate the thinking, planning, and actual hard work required. You have to be quite creative, adaptive, and resourceful. There's no such thing as a lazy farmer. You don't successfully manage millions of dollars worth of moving parts in frustratingly remote locations, by being a dummy.

You have my respect, my friend.

Buehler445 05-02-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9652663)
oh come on now ... i was just teasing.

:grouphug:

I know you were kidding. Let me in your group hug.

Mr. Laz 05-02-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9652675)
I know you were kidding. Let me in your group hug.

father's side of the family is from Reevesville, Illinois ... probably not even on a map

mother's side is from Muskogee, oklahoma

you want to talk about small town,hayseed,country,backwater :thumb:

Sfeihc 05-02-2013 01:19 PM

I've only driven through Amarillo once. Didn't even know where Dalhart or Guymon were until I watched "The Dust Bowl" on PBS. Hats off to all the Ag CPers.

notorious 05-02-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9652640)
I guess I'm not like that so much. If the conversation is going nowhere I need to end it or talk about something of substance. My dad though, he'll talk like nobody's business.

You will be like your dad someday.

I have come to accept it.

Mr. Laz 05-02-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9652888)
You will be like your dad someday.

I have come to accept it.

lol ... i was determined to not be like my dad when i was younger.

didn't work ... almost exactly like him now LMAO

you know, it's not such a bad thing afterall.