ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fox Fall 2013: Sleepy Hollow (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273051)

frankotank 11-13-2013 01:35 PM

yeah still watching. not a great show....hope it gets better.
something keeps me hanging around....

http://i0.wp.com/www.onthesceneny.co...inal.jpg?w=900

http://sosickwithit.com/wp-content/u...-ESQUIRE-2.jpg

Mr. Laz 11-19-2013 03:39 PM

Fox's Sleepy Hollow renewed for a second season

Mr. Laz 11-19-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10184148)
yeah still watching. not a great show....hope it gets better.
something keeps me hanging around....

[IMG]h]

http://www.gifti.me/i/6cA4Cm.jpg

Frazod 11-19-2013 03:47 PM

I really like this show.

The episode before last, when they were talking about Paul Revere, I paused the show and explained to my wife how there were two riders that night, the second guy road much further than Revere, and also that he never yelled out "the British are coming!" since they were, at the time, all British. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Crane relayed the incident correctly.

This show reminds me a bit of the BOOK Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, which also weaved fantasy around historical events. Too bad the movie was such a steaming pile of shit.

keg in kc 11-19-2013 03:53 PM

I think I'm about 6 weeks behind now. I may never catch up.

DaneMcCloud 11-19-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10205519)

Hubba hubba

DaneMcCloud 11-19-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10205521)
I really like this show.

The episode before last, when they were talking about Paul Revere, I paused the show and explained to my wife how there were two riders that night, the second guy road much further than Revere, and also that he never yelled out "the British are coming!" since they were, at the time, all British. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Crane relayed the incident correctly.

This show reminds me a bit of the BOOK Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, which also weaved fantasy around historical events. Too bad the movie was such a steaming pile of shit.

I could really get into it if it weren't for the silly supernatural stuff.

That said, you've made a great point: I would LOVE to see a network series that dealt with daily life of citizens in Philly, Boston or New York starting in 1773.

A show like that would have enormous potential, IMO, especially if it was historically accurate.

Frazod 11-19-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10205557)
I could really get into it if it weren't for the silly supernatural stuff.

That said, you've made a great point: I would LOVE to see a network series that dealt with daily life of citizens in Philly, Boston or New York starting in 1773.

A show like that would have enormous potential, IMO, especially if it was historically accurate.

That would be a show smart people are interested in, and as you are aware, we can't even get those on History Channel anymore.

keg in kc 11-19-2013 04:47 PM

I think that would put me to sleep.

Although I do watch other period stuff like Copper (now canceled) and Hell on Wheels.

Frazod 11-19-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10205643)

Although I do watch other period stuff like Copper (now canceled) and Hell on Wheels.

I think the best we can hope for is the occasional miniseries like John Adams.

Aries Walker 11-19-2013 05:47 PM

If Rome, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, The Tudors, and The Borgias can all be hits, a Revolution-era drama with similarly good writing and production can make it at least as long, especially since it would be much cheaper to produce than most of those.

The main problems are that most people equate the Revolution with wholesomeness, which they equate to it being boring. Also, there weren't many prominent women at the time. But, you can always weave a story around the facts which makes up for those, much like each of those shows did.

And if you really want one out there, you can always write it.

Mother****erJones 11-19-2013 08:18 PM

Show is kinda cool. And yes Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter the book was awesome. Movie I liked but thought it'd be better

DaneMcCloud 11-19-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10205643)

If you mixed the British with the Founding Fathers and the secrecy of the Masons along with intrigue, top secret missions and plans, etc. it could be very cool.

But alas, Frazod is right: There would be a very limited demographic because it would be a show about smart people that would likely only appeal to smart people, who seems to be a diminishing species.

From my POV, it would have to be a show in which someone was thrown back in time to witness historic events or it would need to be a split series with someone in the present looking for clues about something in the early 1770's.

007 11-20-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10206439)
If you mixed the British with the Founding Fathers and the secrecy of the Masons along with intrigue, top secret missions and plans, etc. it could be very cool.

But alas, Frazod is right: There would be a very limited demographic because it would be a show about smart people that would likely only appeal to smart people, who seems to be a diminishing species.

From my POV, it would have to be a show in which someone was thrown back in time to witness historic events or it would need to be a split series with someone in the present looking for clues about something in the early 1770's.

Sounds perfect. Too bad it will never happen.

keg in kc 11-20-2013 07:34 AM

It's not "the voice" enough to make it on the airwaves.