ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ben Affleck is the new Batman (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275523)

Omaha 08-29-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9908440)
Name 3 movies that Affleck played a major role in where he was good. I guess maybe if Batman is from Boston, this could work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9908764)
Hollywoodland, The Town and Argo

And Mallrats. I ****ing love me some Mallrats.

Deberg_1990 08-29-2013 04:08 PM

I also liked Affleck alot in Armegeddon, Boiler Room, Changing Lanes and Sum of All Fears.

Brock 08-29-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9923754)
I also liked Affleck alot in Armegeddon, Boiler Room, Changing Lanes and Sum of All Fears.

LMAO

007 08-29-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9923754)

it's all fun and games until someone gets shot in the leg.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-29-2013 07:58 PM

**** Ben Affleck is my opinion.

kysirsoze 08-29-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9922738)
Walter White as Lex Luther? Not so fast... http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/38297...usaolp00000003

Well... fun while it lasted.

Tribal Warfare 09-13-2013 12:30 PM

Affleck's Batman will be 'tired, weary and seasoned' says WB Exec

(CBR) Not everybody is happy with Ben Affleck playing DC Comics icon Batman in 2015's "Man of Steel" sequel, but the actor/director has a very important fan: Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara, who was quoted by The Hollywood Reporter as saying, "Ben is perfect for the vision [director Zack Snyder] has for that character."

Speaking at a investors conference on Thursday, Tsujihara acknowledged the vocally negative reaction following the initial announcement last month, reportedly saying, "The fact that you saw such a passionate response in the blogosphere is really kind of a testament to the love that people have for this character."

Tsujihara also gave some early insight into the film, with Deadline quoting the executive as saying Affleck's Batman will be "kind of tired and weary and seasoned and been doing it for a while."

More DC-related announcements are coming, according to Tsujihara. "DC really does touch a lot of parts of our business and is an important part of the strategy in how we're going to grow going forward," he's quoted in THR's report.

The "Man of Steel" sequel will be the first live-action film to pair both Superman and Batman, with Henry Cavill reprising his "Man of Steel" lead role. Directed by Zack Snyder and written by David S. Goyer, the film is scheduled for release on July 17, 2015.

Bump 09-13-2013 06:03 PM

http://i.imgur.com/tbWgDWY.jpg

lcarus 09-13-2013 06:31 PM

Great, this is gonna cause another mass shooting at a Batman movie premiere. At least this one will be justified.

Bump 09-13-2013 06:33 PM

Honestly, I don't think it matter too much who actually plays Batman, I mean it matters a little. But the director is the most important thing in these movies. I'll reserve judgement until I see it. People were pissed about Heath Ledger being the Joker and that turned out to be some of the greatest acting we've ever seen.

Wallcrawler 09-14-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9971117)
Great, this is gonna cause another mass shooting at a Batman movie premiere. At least this one will be justified.

Wow. Really?

mdchiefsfan 09-14-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9971134)
Honestly, I don't think it matter too much who actually plays Batman, I mean it matters a little. But the director is the most important thing in these movies. I'll reserve judgement until I see it. People were pissed about Heath Ledger being the Joker and that turned out to be some of the greatest acting we've ever seen.

Did you know that the scene where Joker has a camera in hand and announces to Gotham that Batman needs to take off his mask and reveal himself or he would kill a person every day, evidently, was Ledger's audition for the Joker role. Ledger came up with the makeup and costume for that role, himself, as well. Just heard that yesterday and thought it was pretty cool.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Wi_lfdby58o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sure-Oz 09-14-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9971117)

Excellent post

Chiefspants 09-14-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9972077)
Did you know that the scene where Joker has a camera in hand and announces to Gotham that Batman needs to take off his mask and reveal himself or he would kill a person every day, evidently, was Ledger's audition for the Joker role. Ledger came up with the makeup and costume for that role, himself, as well. Just heard that yesterday and thought it was pretty cool.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Wi_lfdby58o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Source, plox. Everything I've read indicates that Nolan long had Ledger in mind for the casting, even before Ledger knew how he'd portray the Joker.

Wallcrawler 09-14-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9972629)
Source, plox. Everything I've read indicates that Nolan long had Ledger in mind for the casting, even before Ledger knew how he'd portray the Joker.

Yeah, he actually approached Ledger about playing Batman, to which he replied something to the effect of he would never want to do a superhero movie.