ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 25 Release tonight (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275622)

Wildcat2005 09-05-2013 03:11 PM

Was over at a friend's house and played several games

I just could not figure out the defense at all

Granted I have not really played Madden since the one with Vince Young on the cover but no matter which play I picked the offense would just carve me up at will

I know you can adjust things with the sliders, but it felt like the defense is just broken

We were playing all madden difficulty

ThaVirus 09-05-2013 03:16 PM

You haven't played Madden in 6 years and got raped playing on All-Madden?

You don't say!

ThaVirus 09-05-2013 03:24 PM

That was a bit douchey of me, I apologize. I just haven't had the issues you guys are talking about.

I only play online but I set the difficulty to All-Madden. In the 10 or so games Ive played, Ive yet to allow my opponent to score more than 28 points.

Sandy Vagina 09-05-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9940439)
Yes you can. Its just called offline connected careers.

You sure can.

Have fun with that.

Ok cool. My friend plans on buying it to keep over at my place.. where we sit around and drink beer playing old Madden, Rainbow 6, etc. for a while on Friday nights. Been doing that for many years, but with Madden 09 on the original XBOX. Bought a couple of 360 versions over time and we both hated them. I won't buy it again, but if he really wants to, it's important that it at least have the aforementioned function.

:thumb:

Mav 09-05-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9940868)
Ok cool. My friend plans on buying it to keep over at my place.. where we sit around and drink beer playing old Madden, Rainbow 6, etc. for a while on Friday nights. Been doing that for many years, but with Madden 09 on the original XBOX. Bought a couple of 360 versions over time and we both hated them. I won't buy it again, but if he really wants to, it's important that it at least have the aforementioned function.

:thumb:

I didn't buy last years cause I was pissed at how they stripped down franchise.

I got this one, and love it. I have come to the conclusion that people will cry about anything given the chance.

Sandy Vagina 09-05-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9941447)
I didn't buy last years cause I was pissed at how they stripped down franchise.

I got this one, and love it. I have come to the conclusion that people will cry about anything given the chance.

Oh, for sure.

I don't expect to love this new one... but we are ready to move on from the ancient 09... so I guess we will try and find enough to like. Hope the defensive player movements are smoother to operate. He stays at ILB in a 3-4 (mostly), and I play as the SLB in a 4-3 (mostly). The other new gen versions felt far from smooth.. felt imprecise. If it's even close to 09 this time around, that would be a great start.

Mav 09-05-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9941615)
Oh, for sure.

I don't expect to love this new one... but we are ready to move on from the ancient 09... so I guess we will try and find enough to like. Hope the defensive player movements are smoother to operate. He stays at ILB in a 3-4 (mostly), and I play as the SLB in a 4-3 (mostly). The other new gen versions felt far from smooth.. felt imprecise. If it's even close to 09 this time around, that would be a great start.

Oh well, I can give you a heads up already. man coverage, is completely useless. I don't use it. I stay in cover three, or run some form of Zone Blitz. I cant use man. Don't know if it is because of the team I use, but I have a 96 overall corner in Joe Haden, and if I put him in man, he gets torched.

Sandy Vagina 09-05-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9941649)
Oh well, I can give you a heads up already. man coverage, is completely useless. I don't use it. I stay in cover three, or run some form of Zone Blitz. I cant use man. Don't know if it is because of the team I use, but I have a 96 overall corner in Joe Haden, and if I put him in man, he gets torched.

Oh man. That sounds like shit indeed. Not encouraging.. but if he wants to waste his money buying it, oookay by me. Sliders can't help with this issue?

Thig Lyfe 09-05-2013 07:46 PM

Any recommended sliders? I'd like the game to be challenging but not SUPER hard.

Consistent1 09-05-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9941663)
Oh man. That sounds like shit indeed. Not encouraging.. but if he wants to waste his money buying it, oookay by me. Sliders can't help with this issue?

I run some sort of blitz about 90% of the time and it works pretty well.

Sandy Vagina 09-05-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9942044)
I run some sort of blitz about 90% of the time and it works pretty well.

oh, well that's encouraging, at least. :thumb:

Thig Lyfe 09-06-2013 01:36 PM

SRSLY ANY GOOD SLIDERZ???

Especially for like 7 min + accel clock? Or up to like 9 min even.

ThaVirus 09-06-2013 02:40 PM

Decided to take my talents to the ranked, quick match arena online because I was just wrecking kids playing random, unranked matches. Hopefully as I build up skill points, they'll start sticking me in games with better players.

8-0 so far using only the Chiefs.

WhiteWhale 09-06-2013 03:08 PM

Sounds like I won't be getting Madden 25.

I've barely played Madden 13. Football is by far my favorite sport too.

Meanwhile I play the hell out of NBA2k13 and MLB the show 12. I don't even LIKE baseball, but the game is fun.

Madden is the opposite. The ONLY reason I ever want to buy it is because I love football. I tried to like Madden 13. I wanted to like it. Doesn't sound like this improved any of the issues I had with it.

Mav 09-06-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9944785)
SRSLY ANY GOOD SLIDERZ???

Especially for like 7 min + accel clock? Or up to like 9 min even.

What level are you playing on Thig?

If its all madden, depending on what your problems are, lack of competition is, Ill set you up with some sliders.