ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Welp...Laid Off Today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281829)

AndChiefs 08-25-2014 02:23 PM

Big layoffs announced with a "voluntary" package beforehand. Doesn't look good for my department (both my manager and director suggested I take the voluntary package). My manager is also probably taking the package. I've heard the reduction is around 2,200 heads.

Looks like I'll be unemployed shortly.

Rain Man 08-25-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 10848667)
Big layoffs announced with a "voluntary" package beforehand. Doesn't look good for my department (both my manager and director suggested I take the voluntary package). My manager is also probably taking the package. I've heard the reduction is around 2,200 heads.

Oh, bummer. It sounded like you had a good gig going, too.

Dayze 08-25-2014 02:28 PM

damn dude. I hope you're not effected by it.

AndChiefs 08-25-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10848670)
Oh, bummer. It sounded like you had a good gig going, too.

I took a promotion into this department in January. It doesn't really sound like it mattered where I stayed though. I talked to a couple friends from my old department and they're both being recommended into the package as well.

Oddly enough, I've already had a possibility pop up in a different department today. I don't know much about it yet but hopefully it's something that I would be interested in (and offered!).

Stewie 08-25-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Welcome to the club. Good jobs are hard to find.

If you want to drive a delivery truck, be a customer service rep or assemble parts for $10-$12/hour the world is your oyster.

Thanks Obama!

Buehler445 08-25-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 10848675)
I took a promotion into this department in January. It doesn't really sound like it mattered where I stayed though. I talked to a couple friends from my old department and they're both being recommended into the package as well.

Oddly enough, I've already had a possibility pop up in a different department today. I don't know much about it yet but hopefully it's something that I would be interested in (and offered!).

Hopefully you can stick.

AndChiefs 08-25-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10848684)
Hopefully you can stick.

Thanks! If nothing else, Houston has a pretty good job market and I have several months worth of savings. Hopefully I can ride it through.

Kaepernick 08-25-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

I hate to sound like a pussy, but I would be apeshit terrified if I got laid off and had to sell myself in the streets like I did when I was a young buck.

I have 30 years in with the same employer, which itself is an anachronism today, and I kiss the ground every morning for my job and retirement security.

There are few things worse than being laid off. Looking for a job while you have a job is nice - you have the power to blow off prospective employers. When you are unemployed, you are desperate and -- like women -- employers can smell desperation.

I feel for every single one of you unemployed guys and wish you all the best. People who WANT TO WORK, should be able to work. Nothing is guaranteed, but I hope all you guys land on your feet.

eDave 08-25-2014 03:28 PM

Start making yourselves valuable gentlemen. Increased layoffs are in the corporate wind for sure. Expect more.

R8RFAN 08-25-2014 03:34 PM

YRC needs drivers

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascit....html?page=all

AndChiefs 09-17-2014 04:02 PM

Just got an offer for a job starting on the 29th. Could not have asked for an easier time finding a new position.

What a relief!

eDave 09-17-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 10923859)
Just got an offer for a job starting on the 29th. Could not have asked for an easier time finding a new position.

What a relief!

Sweet.

Bowser 09-17-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

What a relief!

http://slodive.com/wp-content/upload...tures/baby.jpg

GloryDayz 09-17-2014 07:31 PM

Quote:

What a relief!

Great news... LIKE!

CoMoChief 09-17-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

What a relief!

awesome!