ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

tk13 03-18-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9512448)
That's a few things. The other guys are much more athletic which makes centers less effectivelty, and obviously they can't get anywhere as physical.

Your point is valid though. Who knows how LeBron would have responded to a more physical NBA. You can also say how would a less athletic NBA respond to a god damn Alien.

It's hard to compare players from different eras I suppose, but LeBron I'm confident will be the best of his. Anything else can be argued to a point.

Yeah, but even if you had someone like Mutombo... it'd at least be someone to be a presence in the lane to alter shots. There's not as many guys to be afraid of... all these slashers can drive into the lane without repercussion. There's absolutely zero doubt LeBron would excel in any era though.

Guys like Kareem and David Robinson and Olajuwon were plenty athletic though... more so than they probably get credit for. They could run and jump and block shots and make life hard for people who came into the lane.

dirk digler 03-18-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9512486)
They also had younger, better versions of Pierce and Allen, plus a healthy Kendrick Perkins.

True.

I think with Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, Green and Garnett they could be pretty formidable next year if they stay healthy and if Garnett decides not to retire.

okcchief 03-18-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9512505)
Yeah, but even if you had someone like Mutombo... it'd at least be someone to be a presence in the lane to alter shots. There's not as many guys to be afraid of... all these slashers can drive into the lane without repercussion. There's absolutely zero doubt LeBron would excel in any era though.

Guys like Kareem and David Robinson and Olajuwon were plenty athletic though... more so than they probably get credit for. They could run and jump and block shots and make life hard for people who came into the lane.

I would call Kareem more skilled than athletic.

Olajuwon was an unbelievable athlete. Robinson was very athletic as well.

It was defiantly a Golden Era for big men, but the influence of Jordan, Magic and Bird changed the way the game was played IMO. Just like you could credit Russell and Chamberlain for the swarm of centers after. The game evolves.

okcchief 03-18-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9512507)
True.

I think with Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, Green and Garnett they could be pretty formidable next year if they stay healthy and if Garnett decides not to retire.

I like Bradley a lot. Jeff Green has been good every time I've seen him recently with the exception of the game at OKC. I may just be just catching him on the prime games though.

The Celtics need to tweak it a bit. Not sure if you move Pierce, KG, Rondo or all 3. Rondo would obviously get the best return.

dirk digler 03-18-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9512505)

You make a good point about the lack of centers but at the same time the league has made rule changes and would\will never tolerate what happened to Jordan against the Pistons ever again. Just look at all the ticky tacky fines that are issued to players now there is just no way they will allow that type of physical play again.

dirk digler 03-18-2013 09:50 PM

And just in case anybody missed it, Bynum is now out the entire year. What a stupid ****ing trade by the 76ers.

SAUTO 03-18-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9512542)
And just in case anybody missed it, Bynum is now out the entire year. What a stupid ****ing trade by the 76ers.

I lol'd at them
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie 03-18-2013 09:56 PM

LeBron won't "most likely" surpass Kobe...he has already surpassed Kobe, and did so years ago.

dirk digler 03-18-2013 10:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9512530)
I like Bradley a lot. Jeff Green has been good every time I've seen him recently with the exception of the game at OKC. I may just be just catching him on the prime games though.

The Celtics need to tweak it a bit. Not sure if you move Pierce, KG, Rondo or all 3. Rondo would obviously get the best return.

I like Jeff Green he is winning me over but I still hate that trade. He is also no Paul Pierce but he is a nice guy.

Hootie 03-18-2013 10:03 PM

lets put it this way

Jeff Green >>>> Kendrick Perkins

KC_Connection 03-18-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9512553)
LeBron won't "most likely" surpass Kobe...he has already surpassed Kobe, and did so years ago.

No question. He's playing at a level (and has been for the last 4-5 years) that Kobe never reached.

okcchief 03-18-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9512571)
lets put it this way

Jeff Green >>>> Kendrick Perkins

They are completely different players that excel at different things. Jeff Green has only flashed recently. The Thunder wouldn't have gone to the Western Conference title either year IMO with Jeff Green because of Perk's D and the ripple effect on Harden and Ibaka. The Celtics might have gone back to the Finals had they not made that trade in 2011. Green would kill Perk in a one on one game but scoring 43 in a regular season game doesn't make him a more valuable piece.

I'm glad he's just able to play given his health problems. He's a very solid player, and I do like to see him do well.

okcchief 03-18-2013 11:20 PM

Of course the Jeff Green I saw tonight was better than the Jeff Green I ever saw in OKC. In the long run that statement maybe very correct Hootie. If he can do half of that on a consistent basis.

lcarus 03-18-2013 11:23 PM

I had a chance to go to the OKC/Orlando game the other night. I am a Magic fan and I've gone a couple times to see them here in Oklahoma. They've lost both times, and the other night would have been no different lol. They actually put up a pretty good fight considering their roster since the Dwightmare.

okcchief 03-18-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9512561)
I like Jeff Green he is winning me over but I still hate that trade. He is also no Paul Pierce but he is a nice guy.

He and KD are the nicest players I've met here. I was shocked and happy to see his stat line tonight.