ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2013 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268371)

Buehler445 12-24-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10308582)
its going to be like that for the next 3 months. huge influx from all the 'new years resolutionists' that want to lose weight. Then then disappear when they see that it actually requires work.

They last 3 months where you are?

Demonpenz 12-26-2013 12:12 AM

I was able to avoid cakes pies cookies chips and crackers. I had veggies, bacon, hard boiled eggs roast. So overall I guess I did the best I could out of the holiday season. I went for a couple walks as well. It doesn't feel good turning down sugar, but the sacrifice is worth it. That is what I tell myself.

Aspengc8 12-26-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 10310960)
I was able to avoid cakes pies cookies chips and crackers. I had veggies, bacon, hard boiled eggs roast. So overall I guess I did the best I could out of the holiday season. I went for a couple walks as well. It doesn't feel good turning down sugar, but the sacrifice is worth it. That is what I tell myself.

I said **** it and went all in. No way I'm turning down home made cannoli's & italian cookies. Two days of nothing but johnny walker and junk food.. feel like crap but got it out of my system.

penguinz 12-26-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10311027)
I said **** it and went all in. No way I'm turning down home made cannoli's & italian cookies. Two days of nothing but johnny walker and junk food.. feel like crap but got it out of my system.

I have another week of abusing myself with junk food and bourbon! When I go back to the gym on Jan 2 I am going to have a lot of work to do.

Silock 12-26-2013 09:33 AM

I am eating whatever. No ****s given.

RunKC 12-26-2013 10:23 AM

Silock, care to share your meal plan? I'm struggling to find meals to make that are healthy and well....actually good.

What is on your grocery list?

I'm doing well with my exercise, but it's just making me complacent because it's only burning off the shit I've been eating and not against burning stored fat that needs to be destroyed.

penguinz 12-26-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10311161)
Silock, care to share your meal plan? I'm struggling to find meals to make that are healthy and well....actually good.

What is on your grocery list?

I'm doing well with my exercise, but it's just making me complacent because it's only burning off the shit I've been eating and not against burning stored fat that needs to be destroyed.

To shed fat all you need to do is consume fewer calories than you burn off per day. You could burn fat on an all Twinkie diet if you kept the caloric intake in a deficit.

Silock 12-26-2013 10:39 AM

^ Yup.

But more generally, I grill EVERYTHING. Well, meat, at least.

Lean top sirloin, chicken, lean pork. If I can't grill, I'll bake it and use some low calorie bbq sauce, like Gates original. A bit of rice, a couple of pieces of fruit (oranges or grapefruits).

I'm probably not the best to ask about a "meal plan," simply because I'm content eating largely the same things every day. But grilled meat is always delicious.

RunKC 12-26-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10311171)
To shed fat all you need to do is consume fewer calories than you burn off per day. You could burn fat on an all Twinkie diet if you kept the caloric intake in a deficit.

How many calories is good to intake for one day? I am 5'11" and 186 lbs

Hammock Parties 12-26-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10311187)

penguinz 12-26-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10311187)

Less than you do now. Or eat the same and up your caloric output with exercise.

Sorry can't give specifics but everyone is different.

Hammock Parties 12-26-2013 10:50 AM

I haven't gained a single pound during the holidays. In fact I have lost several pounds. I completely cut out sugar this month and other than a 3-day trip to grandma's house, have abstained. I'm leaner than I've ever been. I'm going to keep this going into the new year and see if I can get some mother****ing abs.

penguinz 12-26-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10311195)
I haven't gained a single pound during the holidays. In fact I have lost several pounds. I completely cut out sugar this month and other than a 3-day trip to grandma's house, have abstained. I'm leaner than I've ever been. I'm going to keep this going into the new year and see if I can get some mother****ing abs.

I ate at least two lbs of cookies yesterday as well as bourbon egg nog!

RunKC 12-26-2013 10:53 AM

Nice, guys. I will try that.

Also, this may be due to genes, which sucks, but I am a fairly skinny guy, but have always had baby fat on my lower abs. Even when I played sports in high school and was active all the damn time, I still had that bit of baby fat.

My goal is to tighten that shit up and make it flat.

I'm going to start doing lower ab exercises every night before I go to bed, which will hopefully work. Any other ideas?

penguinz 12-26-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10311200)
Nice, guys. I will try that.

Also, this may be due to genes, which sucks, but I am a fairly skinny guy, but have always had baby fat on my lower abs. Even when I played sports in high school and was active all the damn time, I still had that bit of baby fat.

My goal is to tighten that shit up and make it flat.

I'm going to start doing lower ab exercises every night before I go to bed, which will hopefully work. Any other ideas?

Won't do shit. Abs are all about the kitchen. Have to go to a caloric deficit to pop abs.