ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

DaFace 06-30-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10724354)
It seems like people have varying definitions for the word 'justified'.

Let's look at it this way:

What other murders have been more justified than Tywin's?

Sorter 06-30-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 10723520)
I saw another rumor that seems like it could be interesting (though another big departure from the books):

[spoiler]

I read that the actor who played Jaqen Hagar is in the full time cast for season 5. The rumor is that he will be taking the place of the old man that trains Arya and instead will be the main one that trains Arya to be a Faceless Man. The waif has been cast, but no old man. That has the potential to be pretty awesome.

The show is just a separate entity from the books at this point, but I agree that when the show kills off characters or writes them out, it feels like those characters are not ultimately important in the books which kinda sucks. Hopefully book 6 will come out before the next season airs.

I seriously doubt the books finish before the show.

George is going to eat himself to death. :(

Ragged Robin 06-30-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10724792)
I seriously doubt the books finish before the show.

George is going to eat himself to death. :(

He also has a capacity for writing hundreds upon hundreds of pages of largely useless drivel that doesn't progress the story in any relevant way (see: nearly all of A Feast for Crows).

MagicHef 07-01-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10724453)

I know some people on here would say any murder of a Frey is more justified.

Just because it's more justified than a bunch of other murders doesn't mean it's actually justified.

Here's a question: what about Renly? Was his murder justified?

Setsuna 07-01-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10724453)

Arya's murders have been.

DaFace 07-01-2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10725548)

Just because it's more justified than a bunch of other murders doesn't mean it's actually justified.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10725585)

Given these responses, I think the issue is that you've both been trying to debate whether a murder is justified in a show where there are literally hundreds that aren't.

It's like saying, OH MY GOD, DID YOU KNOW THAT MCDONALD'S HAMBURGERS ARE BAD FOR YOU? Well...sure. All hamburgers are bad for you. What's your point?

MagicHef 07-01-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10725609)
Given these responses, I think the issue is that you've both been trying to debate whether a murder is justified in a show where there are literally hundreds that aren't.

It's like saying, OH MY GOD, DID YOU KNOW THAT MCDONALD'S HAMBURGERS ARE BAD FOR YOU? Well...sure. All hamburgers are bad for you. What's your point?

Of course there are hundreds that aren't. My issue with how Tyrion's rampage was delivered on the show was that it was much more justified than in the books. I'm not trying to determine if Tyrion is a better person than someone else, I enjoyed the darkness that was shown through him committing heinous acts while in emotional shock. It made his character more interesting when the likable guy who actually had empathy for the smallfolk suddenly strangled his lover while she was pleading for her life and claiming she was forced to testify against him.

Shae's death in the show wasn't even a murder, it was self defense, and the complexity of Tyrion's character suffers for it.

allen_kcCard 07-01-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10725585)

Like the stable boy and gate guard?

Amnorix 07-01-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 10725692)

errr...yes?

The stable boy was going to take her back to be imprisoned, and the gate guard was a soldier in an army her family was at war with, right?

allen_kcCard 07-01-2014 12:50 PM

Hmm...I don't see those circumstances being more deserving of murder than what Shae and Tywin did to Tyrion myself. The first two are innocents that are part of a group that are opposition to Arya, the latter are about as close to Tyrion as you can be in a father and lover, both of who betrayed him worse than anyone on Arya's list, much less these two examples that weren't.

Swanman 07-01-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10725548)

Yes, if you marry a woman as hot as Margaery and don't bang her on your wedding night until your pecker falls off, you absolutely should be murdered a thousand times. I don't care that he liked fellas, a piece of ass that good cannot be ignored.

Setsuna 07-01-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 10725692)

No. Try again.

Setsuna 07-01-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10725609)

I answered your question with a correct response. You need to just agree and move on.

keg in kc 07-01-2014 01:44 PM

This thread has gone into plaid.

Hawk 07-01-2014 07:56 PM

My favorite Arya kill was when she stabbed the Tickler over and over again while yelling "is there gold in the village!" That one was definitely justified as that guy needed to die an awful death for torturing all those people.