ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

Marcellus 12-03-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9178153)
You deserve to be mocked though, really.

For what? What have I said that was wrong?

Bugeater 12-03-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 9178143)
Can we make one thread for actual news and one thread for idiot-tard pissing contests?

That's been done, and they both became idiot-tard pissing contests, so they were merged.

DaneMcCloud 12-03-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9178187)
That's been done, and they both became idiot-tard pissing contests, so they were merged.

And became one idiot-tard pissing contest

dirk digler 12-03-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9177531)
It's all just freaking crazy.

Some of us (including me) were SO worried today about Pioli becoming a sympathetic figure in this because people get so emotional about this stuff.

And here were are, in the same day, informed that it's possible these people KNEW Belcher had problems and tried to keep it a secret.

Myself, I don't know how to feel right now. It's just a sick feeling. But I do know that a lot of the same people that, emotionally, wanted to exonerate Pioli for EVERYTHING because of what he witnessed, will be the SAME people that crucify him if it comes out the Chiefs knew about this and didn't tell anybody.

I don't see anything wrong with the team helping Belcher. They did this all time under Carl who I believe was one of the first in the NFL to make a position in the organization for helping players off the field.

I will add that players personal problems shouldn't be made public at least by the team.

1ChiefsDan 12-03-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 9178143)
Can we make one thread for actual news and one thread for idiot-tard pissing contests?

New around here? :D

Hammock Parties 12-03-2012 09:37 PM

The more and more stuff that comes out it seems obvious Belcher was a disturbed individual with a history of being "not right in the head."

Why was he even on this roster if Pioli's Right 53 mantra was anything close to the truth?

Even if you have a roster building philosophy that allows for players who are somewhat rugged individuals...this goes way beyond that.

It's clear why he went undrafted...but it just screams to me like an example of Pioli ignoring a lot of red flags and keeping this guy around because he was one of his favorites.

banyon 12-03-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9178126)
You have proven over and over you have your opinion and it differs from one. Doesn't mean mine is wrong dude.

Trying to take everything I say and apply it to murder and only that is not being objective and since you are a lawyer I think you know the difference. Or you are a shit lawyer.

There is a difference between murder and manslaughter. And the facts to date don't rule out either. But I can understand why you would want to seize on that to minimize it.

I've met with the families of murder victims. And trust me, they don't give a crap about that distinction.

tk13 12-03-2012 09:41 PM

The right 53 has never been about finding boy scouts. It's about finding guys who actually like playing football. The Patriots were one of the most underhanded teams of the last decade. But they'd find players who would do anything the coach said and weren't just cashing a paycheck.

dirk digler 12-03-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9178243)
The more and more stuff that comes out it seems obvious Belcher was a disturbed individual with a history of being "not right in the head."

Why was he even on this roster if Pioli's Right 53 mantra was anything close to the truth?

Even if you have a roster building philosophy that allows for players who are somewhat rugged individuals...this goes way beyond that.

It's clear why he went undrafted...but it just screams to me like an example of Pioli ignoring a lot of red flags and keeping this guy around because he was one of his favorites.

I guess we will see. It is not like prior to killing his girlfriend he was acting like Dale Carter that we know of.

I will add that I have never been a Belcher fan and have been bitching for 2-3 years he shouldn't be the starting MLB. I thought he sucked personally so no huge loss on the football field.

Reaper16 12-03-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9178270)
The right 53 has never been about finding boy scouts. It's about finding guys who actually like playing football. The Patriots were one of the most underhanded teams of the last decade. But they'd find players who would do anything the coach said and weren't just cashing a paycheck.

Explain Peyton Hillis, then.

Hammock Parties 12-03-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9178270)
The right 53 has never been about finding boy scouts.

Disagree. Pioli loves team captains and Matt Cassel types.

tk13 12-03-2012 09:47 PM

I never said he got it right. If he got it right this team wouldn't be 2-10. I said that's the idea behind it.

tk13 12-03-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9178303)
Disagree. Pioli loves team captains and Matt Cassel types.

You're the guy who thinks Matt Cassel is fake and really a jerk.

Hammock Parties 12-03-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9178313)

Yeah but fake niceness is enough.

Because Pioli is a big fake himself who has always appeared nice.

SAUTO 12-03-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9178313)

he forgot what website he was on
Posted via Mobile Device