ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KC signs Gaither (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248361)

BossChief 08-11-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7818077)

"The Article may have expired or has been deleted."

If that is really what he signed for...get ready for Albert to be moved to either LG or RT...and I will have to start a thread that Ill bump each time Im right about something.

That is starting LT money, not RT money.

Deberg_1990 08-11-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7818082)
"The Article may have expired or has been deleted."

If that is really what he signed for...get ready for Albert to be moved to either LG or RT...and I will have to start a thread that Ill bump each time Im right about something.

That is starting LT money, not RT money.

:)

BigMeatballDave 08-11-2011 05:40 PM

Are we moving Albert to RT?

Sure-Oz 08-11-2011 05:51 PM

Great signing, lets hope for Roaf part 2

RedThat 08-11-2011 06:08 PM

Here is what I think could happen, the Chiefs go into the season with this starting offensive line:

LT Albert
LG Lilja
C Wiegman
RG Asamoah
RT Richardson

*Then as the season rolls along, I think the weakest links on this unit will be identified. Imo, they will be Richardson, Lilja, and Wiegman. Wiegman as we know is old and his body won't be able to keep up with an entire season. Lilja is going to struggle against the more bigger, physical and athletic DT's. Richardson will lose focus and have his struggles, especially in pass protection. I think Albert will have his struggles in pass protection as well but not to the extent of Richardson.

I could see this current unit struggling as a whole. And it could get to the point where we could see some shuffling going on? Possibly, Gaither comes in and automatically gets inserted to LT? In that case scenario, Albert moves over to LG. Which is what I hope happens. Move him back to his natural position and this guy will be in beast mode.

Then Hudson could come in and replace Wiegman? All of a sudden the issue of having to worry about being overpowered by physical and stronger DT's is resolved. Albert and Hudson are bigger, stronger, and just as athletic, if not, more athletic than Lilja and Wiegman combined. But the great thing is, we gain size, and strength on the interior of the line without losing any athleticism whatsoever.

The only issue I could see is RT. Richardson will struggle and then O'Callaghan could come in. If Gaither could get back to old form, he may be the key to our offensive line. We may have a steal.

An offensive line unit consisting of:

LT Gaither
LG Albert
C Hudson
RG Asamoah
RT ???? Richardson/O'Callaghan for now

is a pretty solid unit to have. Next year we may possibly draft a tackle to address the RT situation. And it could be in the early rounds? Or we could go the route via FA. I hope Gaither gets healthy and returns to old form.

Mr. Laz 08-11-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 7818193)

*Then as the season rolls along, I think the weakest links on this unit will be identified. Imo, they will be Richardson, Lilja, and Wiegman. Wiegman

people are so desperate to move Albert that they keep labeling Lilja as a weakness.

:doh!:

RealSNR 08-11-2011 06:13 PM

So we could have wasted a first rounder on Okung, who's hurt right now.

Or we could have drafted Berry and signed Gaither and added some starting talent AND great positional depth on BOTH sides.

Saccopoo got a little lesson in team-building from Pioli today

evenfall 08-11-2011 06:13 PM

I think this is great,.what's not to like? No risk, high reward.

TRR 08-11-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 7818193)
Here is what I think could happen, the Chiefs go into the season with this starting offensive line:

LT Albert
LG Lilja
C Wiegman
RG Asamoah
RT Richardson

*Then as the season rolls along, I think the weakest links on this unit will be identified. Imo, they will be Richardson, Lilja, and Wiegman. Wiegman as we know is old and his body won't be able to keep up with an entire season. Lilja is going to struggle against the more bigger, physical and athletic DT's. Richardson will lose focus and have his struggles, especially in pass protection. I think Albert will have his struggles in pass protection as well but not to the extent of Richardson.

I could see this current unit struggling as a whole. And it could get to the point where we could see some shuffling going on? Possibly, Gaither comes in and automatically gets inserted to LT? In that case scenario, Albert moves over to LG. Which is what I hope happens. Move him back to his natural position and this guy will be in beast mode.

Then Hudson could come in and replace Wiegman? All of a sudden the issue of having to worry about being overpowered by physical and stronger DT's is resolved. Albert and Hudson are bigger, stronger, and just as athletic, if not, more athletic than Lilja and Wiegman combined. But the great thing is, we gain size, and strength on the interior of the line without losing any athleticism whatsoever.

The only issue I could see is RT. Richardson will struggle and then O'Callaghan could come in. If Gaither could get back to old form, he may be the key to our offensive line. We may have a steal.

An offensive line unit consisting of:

LT Gaither
LG Albert
C Hudson
RG Asamoah
RT ???? Richardson/O'Callaghan for now

is a pretty solid unit to have. Next year we may possibly draft a tackle to address the RT situation. And it could be in the early rounds? Or we could go the route via FA. I hope Gaither gets healthy and returns to old form.

This isn't Madden or high school football. You don't switch around your O-Line midseason. If your going to make moves you do it now or stand pat.

Gaither, IMO is coming in to compete with BRich for the RT spot and backup Albert at LT. May the best man win. Nothing more.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-11-2011 06:22 PM

Good signing. He's a better player than Richardson, and with Gaither, you now have two guys who could play the swing tackle in the event of an Albert injury, who isn't exactly Bruce Matthews.

Thig Lyfe 08-11-2011 06:33 PM

Can he play QB?

Mr. Kotter 08-11-2011 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Low cost, high reward potential...

:toast:

cabletech94 08-11-2011 07:13 PM

i approve of this move (only if it works out).

'Merica Bitches!!!!!

BigMeatballDave 08-11-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 7818286)
Can he play QB?

Yes, and better than the dude in your avi. :)

BossChief 08-11-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 7818399)
Yes, and better than the dude in your avi. :)

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!