ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The SEC... REALLY? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266449)

Bewbies 11-18-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9131794)
Again, what has Georgia done this season for you to think they will "curb stomp" the Irish? I understand that you hate Notre Dame, but I'm actually looking for someone to make a good argument justifying Georgia's ranking.

Notre Dame has the number one scoring defense in college football. They could very well lose to any of the SEC top teams, but they aren't getting "curb stomped" by anybody.

How's their offense? Think they'll move the ball against a defense as good as their own? Think those overrated SEC teams have seen a defense or 3 as good as the Irish?

ND is going to do what they always do when they make the BCS....I think your D is up to it, but your offense is nowhere near.

As for UGA they started the season in the top 10, only lost one game, and should they beat Bama they'd have 2 neutral site wins over current top 4 BCS teams. Pathetic I know. Maybe ranking them 18 or so would be about right...

DaKCMan AP 11-19-2012 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9131670)
I'm a Notre Dame alum. Am I butthurt by my team being ranked number one in the BCS? I was simply looking for an explanation for Georgia's ranking that makes sense. You obviously have nothing intelligent to say about the subject so just STFU.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9131794)
Again, what has Georgia done this season for you to think they will "curb stomp" the Irish? I understand that you hate Notre Dame, but I'm actually looking for someone to make a good argument justifying Georgia's ranking.

Notre Dame has the number one scoring defense in college football. They could very well lose to any of the SEC top teams, but they aren't getting "curb stomped" by anybody.

Why don't you first tell us who should be ranked #3?

LoneWolf 11-19-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9132509)
Why don't you first tell us who should be ranked #3?

In my mind it should still be Oregon. Oregon hasn't played the toughest schedule, but neither has Georgia and Oregon's only loss was a heartbreaker in overtime vs. a very good Stanford team.

If Florida State wins this weekend, I think they should get some consideration for #3.

DaKCMan AP 11-19-2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9132528)
In my mind it should still be Oregon. Oregon hasn't played the toughest schedule, but neither has Georgia and Oregon's only loss was a heartbreaker in overtime vs. a very good Stanford team.

If Florida State wins this weekend, I think they should get some consideration for #3.

So Florida State, who has played a weaker schedule than Georgia and lost to an unranked team, should get consideration for beating the same team that Georgia beat?

Also, you can look at Oregon's loss as better than Georgia's loss, but Georgia's win is much better than Oregon's best win which was over a then ranked #17 USC who now has 4 losses.

LoneWolf 11-19-2012 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9131863)
How's their offense? Think they'll move the ball against a defense as good as their own? Think those overrated SEC teams have seen a defense or 3 as good as the Irish?

ND is going to do what they always do when they make the BCS....I think your D is up to it, but your offense is nowhere near.

As for UGA they started the season in the top 10, only lost one game, and should they beat Bama they'd have 2 neutral site wins over current top 4 BCS teams. Pathetic I know. Maybe ranking them 18 or so would be about right...

Your last paragraph assumes Georgia beats Alabama. If they do that, then they will have an argument. As their credentials stand now, they don't.

ND's offense has been improving lately and their redshirt Freshman QB has been playing well.

Alabama's defense is on the same level as the Irish's, but Georgia's is nowhere near that level. They have a great pass rusher, but they surrender a large amount of points too often to be considered elite. If they play ND, the Irish will score points. Maybe not enough to win, but it would be a close game.

LoneWolf 11-19-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9132530)
So Florida State, who has played a weaker schedule than Georgia and lost to an unranked team, should get consideration for beating the same team that Georgia beat?

Also, you can look at Oregon's loss as better than Georgia's loss, but Georgia's win is much better than Oregon's best win which was over a then ranked #17 USC who now has 4 losses.

A 28 point loss is almost unheard of for an elite team. ND's schedule has been tougher than Georgia's and tell me where would they be ranked if they had a 28 point loss on their record. And for arguments sake let's say that loss was against Stanford.

DaKCMan AP 11-19-2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9132532)
A 28 point loss is almost unheard of for an elite team. ND's schedule has been tougher than Georgia's and tell me where would they be ranked if they had a 28 point loss on their record. And for arguments sake let's say that loss was against Stanford.

1. A 28pt loss to South Carolina (who has been top-15 all season and was #6 at the time) is not as bad as losing at home to a terrible NC State team.

2. Your arguing stupid things that don't matter. If Georgia loses to Alabama they're out. If Georgia beats Alabama then their resume is better than any other 1-loss team.

LoneWolf 11-19-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9132537)
1. A 28pt loss to South Carolina (who has been top-15 all season and was #6 at the time) is not as bad as losing at home to a terrible NC State team.

False. When you lose by 28 points to any team it is hard to argue that you are an elite team.
2. Your arguing stupid things that don't matter. If Georgia loses to Alabama they're out. If Georgia beats Alabama then their resume is better than any other 1-loss team.

I already said their resume would be improved. I was asking about their current ranking.

Please answer my question about where you think Notre Dame would be ranked if they had a 28 point loss on their resume.

Setsuna 11-19-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9131534)
How so? The Irish shall rape.

In what capacity? What do they have that's better than the top ranked SEC team? Besides their helmets. I'll wait.

DaKCMan AP 11-19-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9132623)
I already said their resume would be improved. I was asking about their current ranking.

Please answer my question about where you think Notre Dame would be ranked if they had a 28 point loss on their resume.

It depends upon where the loss occurred. If it was to an unranked team they'd be down Florida St & Clemson around #10. If it was to a top-10 opponent they'd probably be ahead of K-State at #6.

Saul Good 11-19-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9132623)

Are you really trying to pretend that Notre Dame doesn't get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to rankings? No team is as consistently overrated as the Irish.

Setsuna 11-19-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Too (Post 9132755)
Are you really trying to pretend that Notre Dame doesn't get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to rankings? No team is as consistently overrated as the Irish.

Wolf is now more of a homer than Pestilence. I can't believe after all these years of being humbled by terrible teams fielded by the Irish that now he's gone stupid. Act like you've been there. I know it's been a while but dang. Your defense is shit compared to a top ranked SEC defense. You almost let Pittsburgh beat you in your own house. They were up well into the 4th quarter after imposing their will on that stout ND defense. Negro please.

ArrowheadHawk 11-19-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Too (Post 9132755)

Don't forget about:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...innMlXxbDd5kwg

vailpass 11-19-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9131863)

LMAO SEC plays the best defense in the country hands down.

LoneWolf 11-19-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9132653)
It depends upon where the loss occurred. If it was to an unranked team they'd be down Florida St & Clemson around #10. If it was to a top-10 opponent they'd probably be ahead of K-State at #6.

So Georgia has a loss to a top 10 opponent with a weaker schedule than the Irish and they get ranked 3rd. The Irish lose to a top 10 opponent with a stronger SOS than Georgia they would be 6th. Gotcha.