ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Gordon Ramsay decides he can't help a restaurant (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272965)

FlaChief58 05-22-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9700388)
Guess the money-laundering theory was true?

Well, he did say he was a gangster on international TV :facepalm:

Fish 05-22-2013 02:42 PM

I think they've been browsing the Planet....

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/163...2106795342.jpg

blaise 05-22-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9700627)
I think they've been browsing the Planet....

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/163...2106795342.jpg

Funny, but a parody account.

Consistent1 05-22-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9700408)
Well, he did say he was a gangster on international TV :facepalm:

Every hip hop artist says it in every song it seems, but yeah, not real bright.

Hammock Parties 05-22-2013 04:58 PM

nsfw...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/cb11c662e...1md4o1_500.jpg

Dayze 05-22-2013 05:00 PM

I watched that show....they are completely clueless.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-22-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9686936)
I wouldn't be a waiter anywhere for $14 an hour.

I always made at least, on average, $20 an hour and more when I worked in bigger cities.

Steak and Shake waitresses/waiters make more than $14 an hour.

and that's the HIGHEST they say they pay. So most likely, with all of their turnover, everyone is probably A LOT CLOSER to the $8 threshold than the $14.

Even with bullshit tip share, I made over $20 an hour. And it was the easiest ****ing twenty an hour you'd ever make. Bullshit with the right tables and you'd top $30 an hour on nights.

Hammock Parties 05-23-2013 10:49 PM

http://i.imgur.com/B2wYjg7.jpg

Consistent1 05-23-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9701128)
Even with bullshit tip share, I made over $20 an hour. And it was the easiest ****ing twenty an hour you'd ever make. Bullshit with the right tables and you'd top $30 an hour on nights.

The only problem with that is that there are only so many hours in the day where it works. Usually working two jobs sucks because you get no credit for OT. I worked a 10:30-4 lunch close shift for while, then ate, changed my clothes and went in to my other job for awhile. It was very high volume. You don't get cut like you do working at one place, but man, you can pile some money. I opened a desk drawer one day and found $700 that I had forgotten I put there.

Simply Red 05-23-2013 11:36 PM

some waiters can literally make 200k per year. I'm not sure it gets higher from there though - at least in these parts - and I do mean - inside the perimeter.

Consistent1 05-23-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9705507)
some waiters can literally make 200k per year. I'm not sure it gets higher from there though - at least in these parts - and I do mean - inside the perimeter.

That would certainly be nice. I can't see it unless you are dealing with MAJOR big baller stuff. That is a ****ing ton every work day if you have two days off a week. Lot's of servers talk a lot of shit though. I honestly would like to see the annual income of the highest grossing server, or bartender, in the US though.

Consistent1 05-24-2013 12:01 AM

That is like clearing $550 a day while working every single day in the year. Sometimes dumb shit actually hurts people's opinions of tipping. I can't imagine somebody clearing 50k a year likes to hear shit like that when servers with a good gig might clear around 50k after tipouts, not being able to scam as much as in the past due to almost everything being on some sort of card, etc.

Hootie 05-24-2013 06:34 AM

one of my best friends in Chicago when I was younger would work at a downtown bar...and he was phenomenal...as a bartender (Crobar - terrible bar)...and make $1000+ per night.

Quit.

Said the drug scene was going to kill him...would always get coked out of his mind with the rest of the staff...

but he was literally the best bartender I ever worked with...just phenomenal. Fast, efficient, amazing personality...

so if you can handle not succumbing to peer pressure there is plenty of potential to make a shit ton of money

shit, I cleared 50K when I was 22 working at Bennigan's in Chicago

worked my ass off, worked the busiest days, and worked as much as they let me

it's not something you can make a career out of

it's a 20-30 year old job...once you hit 30, and if you're still doing it, you're just going to hate yourself

NewChief 05-24-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9705783)
one of my best friends in Chicago when I was younger would work at a downtown bar...and he was phenomenal...as a bartender (Crobar - terrible bar)...and make $1000+ per night.

Quit.

Said the drug scene was going to kill him...would always get coked out of his mind with the rest of the staff...

but he was literally the best bartender I ever worked with...just phenomenal. Fast, efficient, amazing personality...

so if you can handle not succumbing to peer pressure there is plenty of potential to make a shit ton of money

shit, I cleared 50K when I was 22 working at Bennigan's in Chicago

worked my ass off, worked the busiest days, and worked as much as they let me

it's not something you can make a career out of

it's a 20-30 year old job...once you hit 30, and if you're still doing it, you're just going to hate yourself

Truth. You actually can do it as a career (I have friends who do at high end restaurants, and it's definitely a career in resort areas as well as big cities). You absolutely MUST have discipline, though. Staying out drinking and snorting away your tips at the end of the night is way, way too easy.

You've got $400 cash in your pocket after working a long shift (note, I'm talking Arkansas bartenders, not big city, where $1000 would be comparable). You sit down for your shift drink, which turns into a couple. Then everyone decides to go have one more at the bar down the street. Then there's a band playing, so why not? Then you run into some blow at the show and hang out with the band. And hey, there's an after party with even more blow and the band will be there. Then it's 6 in the morning, and you haven't had any sleep, and you have $50 of your original $400. But, that's alright, because you're going to work again tonight and will probably get another $400.

Way too easy of a trap to fall into. Career bartenders skip the shift drink and go straight home once they clock out, depositing their cash in the bank on the way if possible.

Hootie 05-24-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9705796)
Truth. You actually can do it as a career (I have friends who do at high end restaurants, and it's definitely a career in resort areas as well as big cities). You absolutely MUST have discipline, though. Staying out drinking and snorting away your tips at the end of the night is way, way too easy.

You've got $400 cash in your pocket after working a long shift (note, I'm talking Arkansas bartenders, not big city, where $1000 would be comparable). You sit down for your shift drink, which turns into a couple. Then everyone decides to go have one more at the bar down the street. Then there's a band playing, so why not? Then you run into some blow at the show and hang out with the band. And hey, there's an after party with even more blow and the band will be there. Then it's 6 in the morning, and you haven't had any sleep, and you have $50 of your original $400. But, that's alright, because you're going to work again tonight and will probably get another $400.

Way too easy of a trap to fall into. Career bartenders skip the shift drink and go straight home once they clock out, depositing their cash in the bank on the way if possible.

I always stayed away from hard drugs because I knew my addictive personality would never have been able to handle them.

I, however, am the "nicest" guy at the bar and I buy everyone drinks...some of my tabs have been "legendary". So it's the same ****ing thing. I'd make $300 and then I'd go spend $250 at the ****ing bar. Clockwork.

When I have a girlfriend it's even worse. I end up buying my drinks, her drinks, her friends drinks...

I literally spend every penny of disposable income I have on bar tabs.

But honestly, I have fun doing it. Sometimes I feel like shit in the morning because there is NEVER anything to show for it...

but ****, it's just money (at least that's what I tell myself)