ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dane I'm calling you out. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271677)

patteeu 04-02-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9549338)
We're not even having this discussion if all he did was insert 4 periods into ****.

We're having this discussion because Dane is a lightning rod for controversy. He got banned because he broke the filter evasion rule.

Titty Meat 04-02-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9549349)
We're having this discussion because Dane is a lightning rod for controversy. He got banned because he broke the filter evasion rule.

Would you compare Dane to Palin?

patteeu 04-02-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9549355)
Would you compare Dane to Palin?

LMAO

dirk digler 04-02-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9549259)
I get what Dane's saying but doesn't there come a point where you realize how often you get involved in these bullshit disputes? It's like the guy at the bar that's always getting thrown out, or in a fight. There's always a reason - someone said something to his girl, someone bumped into him, someone spilled a drink on him, etc.
Eventually you just have to say, "Well, it seems to always happen to you. Why is that?"
Or maybe Dane just likes that kind of conversation.

I don't know. I don't doubt that Dane's buttons were pushed, but Dane puts himself in a place to have them pushed in my opinion.

I agree. It always seems he ends up in the same situation. Of course what he said to BossChief was pretty shitty and he should apologize even though it seems like at least according to Dane BC is stalking him a little bit.

Cannibal 04-02-2013 11:21 AM

Clay is a natural entertainer!

cosmo20002 04-02-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9549345)
I've talked with Dane... and I'm not going into details... but he has some crazy shit going on in his life right now. Not saying that's an excuse. Just sayin'...

:facepalm:

Why even post this? Drama queen.

GloryDayz 04-02-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9548803)
I'm sorry?

What is the difference between i.e. and e.g., is what I was/am asking.

Thanks again.

i.e. = "id est" (Latin) meaning "that is" (think "in other words")

e.g. = "exempli gratia" (Latin) meaning "for example"

Mr. Flopnuts 04-02-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9549332)
and thank you.

Thanks for understanding my position.

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9549333)
I knew it!

I'd do the same thing for you, I just don't see you crossing a line and getting banned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9549349)

We do have a long time rule here about taking advantage of people's personal lives that they were courageous enough to share. However, it's debatable that it was somewhat of a two way street. I'm not passing that judgment, and frankly, it's not a huge concern to me. Bosschief didn't ask for punishment regarding it, so it was a non issue. I have however brought it up with Dane because I think it's necessary that we all respect each other's personal lives.

We shouldn't have to be afraid of retribution when we feel like sharing something going on in our lives. My weight is the only exclusion, because frankly, I allow it. I don't give a shit what anyone thinks regarding it. My character here is usually enough for people to respect me on it. When I go off the deep end, most everyone knows it's for shits and giggles and I mean no harm.

hometeam 04-02-2013 11:23 AM

Everyone has crazy shit going on. Most of us don't sit around on a computer being super huge dicks ALL DAY LONG.

crazycoffey 04-02-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9548698)
Really?

He only made one of the most insulting remarks to a member who, while the biggest homer in the history of CP, never really gets personal and is usually nice to everyone.

No one but simply red is nice to everyone.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-02-2013 11:27 AM

I do also believe that constantly telling someone to "Get help" and "You've gone off the deep end" after Dane shared what he did is somewhat a personal attack. Especially since it only started after the thread Dane posted about something very tragic that was going on in his life.

King_Chief_Fan 04-02-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9549310)
Yep. It does, which is why we don't allow it. Dane however is a long time member of this place. Longer than most. Long time members rarely receive bans, and let's face it, Dane has a fan base here. Love him or hate him, he's an icon. I'll make an exception for an icon one time, any time. That's all that will be posted from him. He's gone for a week. I'd do the same for Clay, Hootie, or anyone else that I think has icon status here. But no one else. Unfair? Maybe. But I made the decision alone. So it's on me. We spent all day yesterday talking about what we should do. Because he is such a long time member. After 13 years, you've earned it.

particularly since he has been here longer than you.

Wonder what I can get by with....been here since 2000:hmmm:

dirk digler 04-02-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9549399)
I do also believe that constantly telling someone to "Get help" and "You've gone off the deep end" after Dane shared what he did is somewhat a personal attack. Especially since it only started after the thread Dane posted about something very tragic that was going on in his life.

True. Very passive aggressive

frankotank 04-02-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9549310)
Yep. It does, which is why we don't allow it. Dane however is a long time member of this place. Longer than most. Long time members rarely receive bans, and let's face it, Dane has a fan base here. Love him or hate him, he's an icon. I'll make an exception for an icon one time, any time. That's all that will be posted from him. He's gone for a week. I'd do the same for Clay, Hootie, or anyone else that I think has icon status here. But no one else. Unfair? Maybe. But I made the decision alone. So it's on me. We spent all day yesterday talking about what we should do. Because he is such a long time member. After 13 years, you've earned it.

but what about me?

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6456987904/hF40B038D/

Hammock Parties 04-02-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9549399)
I do also believe that constantly telling someone to "Get help" and "You've gone off the deep end" after Dane shared what he did is somewhat a personal attack.

Flimsy, but whatever. BossChief would apologize for it in an instant.

Dane is unapologetic and that's the sad thing.