ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Sounds like Matt Flynn heading to Oakland via trade, and Carson Palmer Out (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271585)

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-29-2013 06:09 PM

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m

With the Raiders on verge of a trade for Matt Flynn, the Cardinals are nearing a deal for former Raiders starter Carson Palmer.

-King- 03-29-2013 06:11 PM

Heh. We won't be able to trade down.

penbrook 03-29-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9539256)
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m

With the Raiders on verge of a trade for Matt Flynn, the Cardinals are nearing a deal for former Raiders starter Carson Palmer.

Geno is running out of teams.

Mav 03-29-2013 06:14 PM

wow, people are showing their hands. The jags dont want him, the raiders dont want him, the eagles dont want him the lions dont want him, cleveland doesnt want him.

if the cards get palmer, then they wont want him. If the chiefs dont take him, someone will trade up to the lower 10, and take him.

philfree 03-29-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9539250)
He put up 31 points against the Ravens defense and nearly won the game for them on that final drive, so no, I don't think anyone has figured him out yet.

When a guy can run for a 50 yard TD as easily as throwing for one, he's going to be difficult to stop.

He had a first and goal and didn't win the game. He's got more to do before I anoint him 'Franchise QB'.

penbrook 03-29-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9539270)
wow, people are showing their hands. The jags dont want him, the raiders dont want him, the eagles dont want him the lions dont want him, cleveland doesnt want him.

if the cards get palmer, then they wont want him. If the chiefs dont take him, someone will trade up to the lower 10, and take him.

And than there are the Bills who are interested in Kevin Kolb.

DaneMcCloud 03-29-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9539271)
He had a first and goal and didn't win the game. He's got more to do before I anoint him 'Franchise QB'.

And it was horrific play calling.

Someone please explain to me why the 49ers didn't spread the field in order to create a running lane for Kaepernick?

And the first half play calling on the 49er's side was just as bad.

Mav 03-29-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9539277)

Someone please explain to me why the 49ers didn't spread the field in order to create a running lane for Kaepernick?

Because, Harbs for as good of a coach as he is, is not great at in game adjustments.

Two, Kaep with all of his tools, his rocket arm, his legs, his weakness is throwing short passes. He has to learn how to throw touch passes. Everything is so darn hard with him.

Matter of fact, the season before harbs got there, you can look it up if you want, alex smiths strength was in the red zone. Under harbaugh for two season the 49ers, regardless if its kaep or alex, have struggled for whatever reason in the red zone.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-29-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9539277)

If it wasn't for the power going out for 45mins that game is a blow out.

philfree 03-29-2013 06:21 PM

I'm not sure the signing of these guys is a necessary sign that they won't draft a QB. We're talking about and old guy and a two time backup.

SAUTO 03-29-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9539190)
The other way to look at it is that he's started just 10 games and nearly won the Super Bowl.

Bad coaching lost it for them on that final drive.

I look at it like we should see it happen consistently and in more than ten games.

One year does not make a career
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav 03-29-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9539290)
I'm not sure the signing of these guys is a necessary sign that they won't draft a QB. We're talking about and old guy and a two time backup.

it is however a pretty clear sign, that a number of teams are not impressed with this crop of qbs.......

BigMeatballDave 03-29-2013 06:27 PM

I think Kaep and Wilson regress a bit this season.

Mav 03-29-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9539308)
I think Keap and Wilson regress a bit this season.

Kaep i could see. Not wilson. They really held wilson back last year, until the playoffs. Then they added percy harvin, and beefed up what was already a really good d line. I think they are going to be down right scary this year......

Seattle is going to hurt a lot of teams.

DaneMcCloud 03-29-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9539308)
I think Kaep and Wilson regress a bit this season.

Sidney Rice, Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin, Golden Tate, Russell Wilson.

That's a deadly offense.

And their defense is absolutely sick.