ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink KC BBQ: The list and poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207630)

Fire Me Boy! 09-06-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6982278)
I was in town over the weekend and went to Jackstack BBQ.....It's still on top of its game. Cheesy corn as great as always. The beans had lots of meat in the serving. The Burnt ends and Ribs were top of the line.

Best commercial BBQ on Planet Earth. :thumb:

Their cheesy corn and beans are top rate. Their ribs are good. Their burnt ends.... THEY'RE NOT ****ING BURNT ENDS!

Jackstack tries to pass of cubed ****ing brisket as burnt ends. It's a crime against BBQ. As cubed brisket goes, it's quite good. But it's not ****ing burnt ends.

Reaper16 09-06-2010 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 6982467)
Their cheesy corn and beans are top rate. Their ribs are good. Their burnt ends.... THEY'RE NOT ****ING BURNT ENDS!

Jackstack tries to pass of cubed ****ing brisket as burnt ends. It's a crime against BBQ. As cubed brisket goes, it's quite good. But it's not ****ing burnt ends.

TRUTH

BigRedChief 09-06-2010 08:15 PM

Quote:

Technical schemenical who cares?

i call it the best tasting meat I've been served in a commerical BBQ stand in a long time.

Reaper16 09-06-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6982510)

i call it the best tasting meat I've been served in a commerical BBQ stand in a long time.

Then go to other commercial BBQ stands.

Fire Me Boy! 09-09-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6982510)

I care. I should have asked for my money back after I bought was SUPPOSED to be burnt ends.

Like I said.... if it was advertised as chunked or cubed brisket, I would have been very pleased. But they're advertised as burnt ends, and I bought burnt ends. I'll reiterate:

Quote:

THEY'RE NOT ****ING BURNT ENDS!

Shogun 09-09-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 5762101)
Tough call for me. If I'm looking for a sit-down "nice" joint, it's gotta be Jack Stack. But I end up at OK Joe's more because I'm typically feeling more casual and their fries are the best GD thing I have ever tasted. Next to their brisket, of course.

Definitely, not even close. OK Joes for the mother****in win

Goldmember 09-09-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5762081)
I just had LC's for the first time this past weekend at the Los Angeles BBQ festival and it was pretty good but not great.

It was much better than the Memphis BBQ that we had (and the North Carolina as well). Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much vinegar in those sauces! Nasty!

When I visit, I prefer Zarda's or JackStack in OP out of all the rest.

Have you tried OK Joe's? Pretty damn good brisket and ribs, sauce is ok. Gates still has the best sauce IMO but their brisket has gone downhill.

King_Chief_Fan 09-09-2010 02:19 PM

Not a BBQ joint but Houston's has some of the best baby back ribs ever.

NewChief 11-26-2010 10:08 AM

Picking up OK Joe's today for the first time. What should I order?

Fish 11-26-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 7198593)

How hungry are you?

If you're shooting for a sammy, I'd go with the Z-Man.

If you're wanting to really feast, I'd suggest the Ribs and Chicken or Ribs and Meat dinner.

The Pig salad is really good if you're wanting a giant salad.

Chicken gumbo is a great side. Fries are tasty and very plentiful.

Pulled pork is probably their best meat, but none of them are really bad in the slightest.

2bikemike 11-26-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

I really love OK Joe's Burnt ends

Extra Point 11-26-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Carolina pulled pork sandwich and fries.

Fish 11-26-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extra Point (Post 7198661)

The first time I ordered that, it was on special, and I didn't really realize what "Carolina style" was. I'm not a slaw fan. I tried, but just couldn't eat it.

KCUnited 11-26-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extra Point (Post 7198661)

That's my favorite. I like their red beans and rice as a side.

HonestChieffan 11-26-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

AMEN!