ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV *Fringe* the series Official thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191156)

007 09-25-2009 12:45 AM

Funny, I was just thinking about the episode of the X-files involving mushrooms where Mulder and Scully were underground and hallucinating. Then this episode comes on with a similar premise.

arrowheadnation 09-25-2009 09:16 PM

I thought last night's ep was very Texas Chainsaw Massacre-esque. I'm glad I didn't give up on this show though. I quit watching after the 2nd episode last season and just watched the rest of season one the this season's two episodes in 3 days. Now I'm hooked!

007 09-25-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aarowheadnation (Post 6109673)
I thought last night's ep was very Texas Chainsaw Massacre-esque. I'm glad I didn't give up on this show though. I quit watching after the 2nd episode last season and just watched the rest of season one the this season's two episodes in 3 days. Now I'm hooked!

Once you get past the 8th ep last season it got really good. They just started way to slow last year. I almost gave up on it around ep 7 but stuck it out.

keg in kc 09-25-2009 10:49 PM

Last night's episode was about as close to an x-files episode as you can get without being an x-files episode. I just hope the move to Thursday hasn't killed the show.

KCWolfman 09-25-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6110078)
Last night's episode was about as close to an x-files episode as you can get without being an x-files episode. I just hope the move to Thursday hasn't killed the show.

Yup, all we needed was a dual interpretation of the local sheriff by the main characters and I would have thought I was watching the Bad Blood episode of the X-Files complete with Luke Wilson.

Still, I like the series.

007 09-25-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 6110109)
Yup, all we needed was a dual interpretation of the local sheriff by the main characters and I would have thought I was watching the Bad Blood episode of the X-Files complete with Luke Wilson.

Still, I like the series.

That episode of X-files was great.

keg in kc 09-25-2009 11:08 PM

I wasn't saying parroting the x-files was a bad thing...

I just hope they do a better job with the main story arc than Carter did. We'll see how the second season goes.

I remember after the first season thinking the x-files was genius, with the alien controversy and the murder of deep throat, but it was basically a long downhill slide from that point on, for as good as seasons 4 and 5 (and some individual eps of 6 and 7) were.

BigRedChief 10-14-2009 07:08 AM

okay, I don't get this. Two objects can't be in the same place at the same time. You can't "tech" around that. So if the other side wants to open up a portal to the other side what makes them think they won't be destroyed also?

Mr. Plow 10-14-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6170349)
okay, I don't get this. Two objects can't be in the same place at the same time. You can't "tech" around that. So if the other side wants to open up a portal to the other side what makes them think they won't be destroyed also?

To me, I would think that rather than destroying both worlds that one would overtake the other. But I also see what you are getting at - there is no reason to not believe that both objects wouldn't essentially destroy each other.

I think I said that right..

jiveturkey 10-14-2009 08:37 AM

Didn't Nina basically address this when she smashed the snow globes together. One will destroy the other.

007 10-15-2009 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 6170462)
Didn't Nina basically address this when she smashed the snow globes together. One will destroy the other.

Which raises the question of how does the "other side" know that their side would survive over "this side"?

BigRedChief 10-15-2009 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6173200)
Which raises the question of how does the "other side" know that their side would survive over "this side"?

and why risk it in the first place? How is one side a threat to the other side?

bevischief 10-15-2009 07:31 AM

Sure they will explain that to us shortly...

BigRedChief 10-16-2009 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevy369 (Post 6173273)
Sure they will explain that to us shortly...

hope so....hate to see it turn into a "Lost" kind of thing where they drag the mystery/questions about major plot lines out forever.

ChiefsFan4Life 12-13-2009 01:52 PM

Anyone still watching this?