ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Miami booster scandal, with Frank Haith mentioned. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248568)

DJ's left nut 09-02-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7873425)
Also apparently this news isn't going to destroy recruiting, as Haith has landed two new commitments in the last week.

Oh c'mon.

He landed a 5'11'', 3-star point-guard that grew up in Columbia.

That's like me bragging about how smooth I am after having sex with my wife - if you can't manage that one, you probably oughta give it up.

|Zach| 09-02-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7873745)
Oh c'mon.

That's like me bragging about how smooth I am after having sex with my wife - if you can't manage that one, you probably oughta give it up.

Yea, but you always walk this line where you talk about how terrible Mizzou is at when it comes to pretty much everything in how they deal with their business as if they can't do anything right and then when something like this comes along its all "oh that is easy"

This kid is smart...its a nice pickup.

eazyb81 09-02-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7873745)
Oh c'mon.

Jorgenson is a top 100 player. Shawn Smith was top 150 in the last ranking and is from Florida.

Not quite Rodney Purvis yet, but damn solid considering the terrible publicity.

I expect recruiting to pickup as this story continues to fade into obscurity.

El Jefe 09-02-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7873465)
and Lord knows there's plenty of that to go around in Columbia, MO.

I quoted that out of reference apparently I was speaking in regards to recruiting for the U. Ease up brah :thumb:

DJ's left nut 09-02-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7873798)
Yea, but you always walk this line where you talk about how terrible Mizzou is at when it comes to pretty much everything in how they deal with their business as if they can't do anything right and then when something like this comes along its all "oh that is easy"

This kid is smart...its a nice pickup.

I can't even begin to understand what you just said. I believe it's the world's first triple run-on sentence without any punctuation whatsoever.

I believe you're saying that I'm essentially a fatalist when it comes to Mizzou and don't give them credit when they succeed.

Okay, then tell me - why the hell should they get any appreciable credit for bringing in a mediocre recruit that grew up in this town?

Frank Haith - master recruiter - was supposed to be bringing in four-star guys and upping the talent level to where he could overcome his mediocre game management skills, remember?

It's not like Haith was Doug Wojcik and was advertised as a master strategist and game-coach. It was acknowledged by everyone that the guy makes his bones off recruiting premier players. And I'm supposed to be excited by the fact that he secured a commitment that I could get? Seriously, how ****ing lousy would he have had to have been to lose this kid? He's not that good, he has no discernible ceiling, and he grew up a Tiger. Frankly, the fact that Haith has to resort to offering a scholarship to this level of player is a straight up indictment of how poor a job he's done to this point.

He was a bad hire from the moment he was made and he's been an absolute ****ing disaster from that point forward (seriously - try to listen to Mike Claiborne on 101 ESPN in STL about how pathetic his attempts at 're-opening' St. Louis have been).

Oh, and yes, Mike Alden remains incompetent.

eazyb81 09-02-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsfanGoJC (Post 7873814)
I quoted that out of reference apparently I was speaking in regards to recruiting for the U. Ease up brah :thumb:

I was just joking. I knew you were thinking he was still in Miami.

DJ's left nut 09-02-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7873806)
Jorgenson is a top 100 player. Shawn Smith was top 150 in the last ranking and is from Florida.

Jorgenson is the PG version of Ricky Kreklow.

I am not impressed.

Go ahead and see if a back-court of Jorgenson and Kreklow even gets you a .500 conference record. I'd be shocked to see a squad with those two manning the 1 and 2 winning more than 14 games on the season.

He snagged a local rotational guard and role player - HUZZAH! RECRUITING MAGIC HAS RETURNED TO MIZZOU!

eazyb81 09-02-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7873822)
I can't even begin to understand what you just said. I believe it's the world's first triple run-on sentence without any punctuation whatsoever.

I believe you're saying that I'm essentially a fatalist when it comes to Mizzou and don't give them credit when they succeed.

Okay, then tell me - why the hell should they get any appreciable credit for bringing in a mediocre recruit that grew up in this town?

Frank Haith - master recruiter - was supposed to be bringing in four-star guys and upping the talent level to where he could overcome his mediocre game management skills, remember?

It's not like Haith was Doug Wojcik and was advertised as a master strategist and game-coach. It was acknowledged by everyone that the guy makes his bones off recruiting premier players. And I'm supposed to be excited by the fact that he secured a commitment that I could get? Seriously, how ****ing lousy would he have had to have been to lose this kid? He's not that good, he has no discernible ceiling, and he grew up a Tiger. Frankly, the fact that Haith has to resort to offering a scholarship to this level of player is a straight up indictment of how poor a job he's done to this point.

He was a bad hire from the moment he was made and he's been an absolute ****ing disaster from that point forward (seriously - try to listen to Mike Claiborne on 101 ESPN in STL about how pathetic his attempts at 're-opening' St. Louis have been).

Oh, and yes, Mike Alden remains incompetent.

I think it's pretty clear what Zach was trying to say; you are extremely negative about Mizzou, and even when they do something well you don't give them credit. Maybe you don't notice it, maybe just don't give a damn, but it does get old having fans like you constantly complain about how terrible everything is.

Jorgenson is a top 100 overall player, he's not some scrub. That's great that you think we can do so much better, but we aren't exactly a basketball blue blood. We are still in on some top kids and I think we have a great chance at Purvis. Unfortunately we have huge roster holes in 2012 and 2013, so we need bodies right now, and other schools have been recruiting the top players in these classes for years.

And if you had forgotten, our recruiting has been down in the dumps for the last couple years due to Anderson's apathy. We missed on how many top 100 Missouri kids last year? Five?

I don't care to argue all day with you on this, feel however you want about it. But life would be more enjoyable if you learned to look on the bright side more often.

ChiTown 09-02-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7873806)

Shawn Smith is the goods. If he can keep his head straight, he is going to be a helluva player.

|Zach| 09-02-2011 09:34 AM

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/ba...tefan-jankovic

@GabeDeArmond
Gabe DeArmond
Just got a text from Huntington, WV forward Stefan Jankovic. He tells me he just landed in Columbia for an unofficial visit to #Mizzou.

eazyb81 09-02-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7873850)
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/ba...tefan-jankovic

@GabeDeArmond
Gabe DeArmond
Just got a text from Huntington, WV forward Stefan Jankovic. He tells me he just landed in Columbia for an unofficial visit to #Mizzou.

His final five schools are Mizzou, Purdue, Wake Forest, Georgetown, and Florida State.

WE DESERVE SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!111

DJ's left nut 09-02-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7873842)
I think it's pretty clear what Zach was trying to say; you are extremely negative about Mizzou, and even when they do something well you don't give them credit. Maybe you don't notice it, maybe just don't give a damn, but it does get old having fans like you constantly complain about how terrible everything is.

Jorgenson is a top 100 overall player, he's not some scrub. That's great that you think we can do so much better, but we aren't exactly a basketball blue blood. We are still in on some top kids and I think we have a great chance at Purvis. Unfortunately we have huge roster holes in 2012 and 2013, so we need bodies right now, and other schools have been recruiting the top players in these classes for years.

And if you had forgotten, our recruiting has been down in the dumps for the last couple years due to Anderson's apathy. We missed on how many top 100 Missouri kids last year? Five?

I don't care to argue all day with you on this, feel however you want about it. But life would be more enjoyable if you learned to look on the bright side more often.

That's what MU football is for; thank God for Gary Pinkel.

The basketball program is a trainwreck.

chiefzilla1501 10-22-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7832162)
Dude, this story is headline national news, not just sports sections. There's no way the Ohio State tattoo story got, or will get anywhere near what this will. It's not even close. This story dominated the news today, all sports programs and even leaked into regular news programming.

Bump

Disagree with your comment now? The ncaa is a ****ing joke. And even if people don't like Ohio state, their penalty and media coverage was outrageously overblown.

Osu was rightfully penalized. Miami and Oregon were not. Even Penn state got reductions in sanctions.

Prison Bitch 10-22-2013 11:29 AM

All 7 mizzou basketball fans in mourning today

hawkchief 10-22-2013 11:31 AM

Haith is a great fit at Missouri - dirty cheater that can't ever win anything.