ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

ChiefsCountry 01-16-2012 08:48 PM

The Royals need to hit right now in a big way. The Chiefs are going through a PR nightmare and are down. The Cardinals, even though they won the World Series, just lost the best and most popular player in Pujols. The time is ripe for the Royals to win over the hearts of alot of Missouri sports fans.

58kcfan89 01-16-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8303573)
Glass sounds like hes saying the right things. Hopefully he does it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I'm really kind of shocked that he even said anything. If we can lock up Hosmer & Moose long-term, I'll be really really really happy. I don't think Gio, Escobar, Cain, etc. will cost a lot whenever it comes to that and I expect them to be signed unless they don't pan out or want the moon. Signing Hos & Moose, on the other hand, would at least show me that the team is interested in winning on some level, which would be a gigantic step up from what I've seen my whole life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8303711)
The Royals need to hit right now in a big way. The Chiefs are going through a PR nightmare and are down. The Cardinals, even though they won the World Series, just lost the best and most popular player in Pujols. The time is ripe for the Royals to win over the hearts of alot of Missouri sports fans.

Thing is, I used to see Royals stuff all over campus at K-State early in the spring when I was there (and friends at KU, MU, WSU, etc. said the same), but by the time the fall came around, no one was wearing it because the team was 25 games out of first. I feel like there's a bunch of Royals fans who are just waiting for the team to win to show their support.

But yeah, big season for more reasons than one.

Kyle DeLexus 01-17-2012 04:23 AM

I'm hoping that slogan works out and next year isn't "Our Time. We Mean it this Year!"

BigMeatballDave 01-17-2012 04:39 AM

It would be especially nice for them to be competitive this season since they have the All-Star Game.

It would be sweet to see Hos in the HR derby.

NJChiefsFan 01-17-2012 05:21 AM

Despite being a hated Yankees fan, I have always rooted for the Royals do to the KC connection. On top of that I always really liked the look of the K, especially when I was next to it at Arrowhead.

That season a few years ago when you guys had the great start, I felt like a lot of the country was rooting for you. The Royals being good, just for the league in general, would be fun. I always feel like a young team, especially one without recent success, breathes life into the league.

Its such a shame. If baseball had a fair stystem for all teams, it would be such a blast to watch. As much love as the NFL gets, it seems on average baseball has a much more unpredictable playoffs year after year than the NFL(although this year the NFL has had such). On that subject, its also a shame that with the weather and long season that such a small amount of teams make it in.

With your division combined by the effort your team seems to be making and your talent, you guys seem to be well timed to make a run. Hell, even the East has teams like BOS and NY that have their own issues. TOR seems like they will be tougher, but its not like playing the East is going to be the murder it has been in other years. If you get into the playoffs, who knows what happens.

Saul Good 01-17-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 8304208)
Yeah, I'm really kind of shocked that he even said anything. If we can lock up Hosmer & Moose long-term, I'll be really really really happy. I don't think Gio, Escobar, Cain, etc. will cost a lot whenever it comes to that and I expect them to be signed unless they don't pan out or want the moon. Signing Hos & Moose, on the other hand, would at least show me that the team is interested in winning on some level, which would be a gigantic step up from what I've seen my whole life.

Thing is, I used to see Royals stuff all over campus at K-State early in the spring when I was there (and friends at KU, MU, WSU, etc. said the same), but by the time the fall came around, no one was wearing it because the team was 25 games out of first. I feel like there's a bunch of Royals fans who are just waiting for the team to win to show their support.

But yeah, big season for more reasons than one.

I think you're underestimating what it could take to keep Escobar. He is the best defensive SS in the game. If he can establish himself as a .260 hitter, he is going to have a ton of money thrown his way.

Demonpenz 01-17-2012 09:46 AM

Word around St. Joseph is Butler could still stand to lose about 20 pounds. I guess when you are Healthy and productive it doesn't really matter. Rather him by fat and all the field instead of ripped but on the bench. *Gives a dirty look to Tebow Mike Sweeney*

KCUnited 01-17-2012 12:50 PM

Nice to have some Royals conversations back on the airwaves.

Mike MacFarlane on with Petro today talking Royals. Claims Crow has changed his body, gotten bigger, stronger. He expects him to remain at the back end of the bullpen.

http://www.810whb.com/page.php?page_id=98

58kcfan89 01-17-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex Wife (Post 8304940)
I think you're underestimating what it could take to keep Escobar. He is the best defensive SS in the game. If he can establish himself as a .260 hitter, he is going to have a ton of money thrown his way.

Big "if," isn't it? But yeah, you're right.

I'm just excited that we're even thinking about extensions for Moose & Hos this early.

petegz28 01-17-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex Wife (Post 8304940)

They get don't hang onto Escobar I am done with this team. Arguably the best defensive SS in the league. You don't let that kind of player go.

duncan_idaho 01-17-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8305482)
They get don't hang onto Escobar I am done with this team. Arguably the best defensive SS in the league. You don't let that kind of player go.

A lot can change in the next four years.

Escobar could blossom into a .270 (And basically be Elvis Andrus, and a prime extension candidate - btw, this is what I think is probably going to happen).

Or he could continue to be a .250 hitter and they could have a good option behind him in the system by the time his team control expires.

DeezNutz 01-17-2012 02:27 PM

High-quality SS prospect out of ASU in this coming draft. If he's there, he would be worth the selection in case Escobar regresses.

alnorth 01-17-2012 02:54 PM

From the "gee, I don't want to celebrate another guy's misfortune, so how should I react to this" department:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...or-season.html

Victor Martinez is out for the entire 2012 season. This might make catching the Tigers just a little easier.

doomy3 01-17-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8305764)
From the "gee, I don't want to celebrate another guy's misfortune, so how should I react to this" department:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...or-season.html

Victor Martinez is out for the entire 2012 season. This might make catching the Tigers just a little easier.

Oh wow, that's a pretty big blow to them.

Simplicity 01-17-2012 03:01 PM

Cannot wait! If Royals ever want to be worth something to the fans. NOWS THE TIME!