ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The "IF no QB with the 1st pick" poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269836)

milkman 02-09-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389933)
I've stated this MANY times...he needs to blow up the combine..until then don't expect me to jump on the Geno wagon..as Andy said.. I good QB raises the play is his team mates...not a good record in college to indicate so...

I can't even imagine how bad the Patriot and Packer defenses would be if Brady and Rodgerfs hadn't raised the level of their play.

And that Pack O-Line...Ooooh crap.

munkey 02-09-2013 04:44 PM

Guys...I'm not trolling...if you only knew. QB drafts like last year only come along every 10-15 years...I expect the Chiefs to select the #1 overall athlete/player. I don't care who it is...but from all the reports I've seen and read it's NOT Geno Smith...you can say he's the best QB of this years draft but I don't think he's the best football player. History has shown you can find a great QB in the later rounds i.e. Tom Brady/Aaron Rogers...it's matter of coaching and I think we have one of the best in the business now...

patteeu 02-09-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9389780)
Also, Albert isn't a HOF LT, but he's pretty good.

I'll ask again. Why has our offense struggled so ****ing much even though we've got our nice safe game manager QB and a ****ing RB who rivals Jim Brown's career YPC?

That should be a formula for playoffs every year. What gives?

I don't know why you're asking me this question.

Saccopoo 02-09-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389980)
Guys...I'm not trolling...if you only knew. QB drafts like last year only come along every 10-15 years...I expect the Chiefs to select the #1 overall athlete/player. I don't care who it is...but from all the reports I've seen and read it's NOT Geno Smith...you can say he's the best QB of this years draft but I don't think he's the best football player. History has shown you can find a great QB in the later rounds i.e. Tom Brady/Aaron Rogers...it's matter of coaching and I think we have one of the best in the business now...

Rogers was a first round pick.

And name me one college football player in this draft that had as good a season or career as Geno Smith has had as three years as a starter. At any position.

The only guy who is close is Jarvis Jones, and he's not close.

milkman 02-09-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9389974)
This is the kind of question people who have no clue about talent ask because it then just becomes a simple question to answer based on generic positional importance. It's all just random luck so let's swing for a QB, the most important position of all.

People who do this professionally, actually assess the quality of the individual players before making a choice in the draft. If they assess the LT and the QB to be equally talented (with equal needs at the positions), they'll end up picking the QB just like you want. The only reason they would pick Joeckel ahead of a QB would be if they decided the quality differential was great.

Jake Long was so much greater at his position than Matt Ryan was at his.

milkman 02-09-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

So, at the end of the day, you only want draft a QB if he's a sure thing.

The true fan mantra applied to the draft.

Play not to lose.

munkey 02-09-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9389987)
Rogers was a first round pick.

And name me one college football player in this draft that had as good a season or career as Geno Smith has had as three years as a starter. At any position.

The only guy who is close is Jarvis Jones, and he's not close.

Smith was picked ahead of Rogers...Jarvis Jones is a linebacker...your point is???

munkey 02-09-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9390012)

Play not to lose.

No...I didn't say that..

munkey 02-09-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9390012)

Play not to lose.

And for the number one pick...YES!! He should be a sure thing..

-King- 02-09-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

You're more likely to find a great QB in the first round than all other rounds combined. History has shown that great late round QBs like Brady are the clear exceptions.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo 02-09-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9390014)
Smith was picked ahead of Rogers...Jarvis Jones is a linebacker...your point is???

You said the Chiefs would take the best player in the draft. I said that Geno Smith is that player based on college production and upside/ceiling at the next level. I said that no one else in this draft is close to Smith in terms of college production or upside, especially when you factor in the importance of the position he plays.

I said that the only guy in this draft that has produced as much as Smith, regardless of what position they play, is Jarvis Jones. And comparably, he doesn't come close to what Smith gave you for the 2012 or his career.

And I'd like your opinion on Geno's win loss record. He never had a losing season in three years as a starter. 29-13 career. Is that acceptable? You made a point of it earlier.

milkman 02-09-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9390014)

Do you remember the reason Smith was chosen over Rodgers by th 9ers?

Saccopoo 02-09-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9390027)
And for the number one pick...YES!! He should be a sure thing..

No player is.

Ever.

milkman 02-09-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9390020)
No...I didn't say that..

That is exactly what you're saying.

And to your next post, there is no such thing as a sure thing, not even Luck.

There are only levels of risk.

DaneMcCloud 02-09-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9390051)
No player is.

Ever.

John Elway was a sure thing. Peyton Manning was a sure thing. Ernie Accorsi felt that Eli Manning was a sure thing. Andrew Luck was a sure thing.