ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Pete Prisco on Geno Smith (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271558)

Rausch 03-30-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9541066)
????? Sweet god you are just one ****y mother****er.
Posted via Mobile Device

I really can't express how much I love the guy...

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-30-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9541250)
And do you recaalllll

The most famous Sanchez ball washer of allllll.....

Dane Mac the red-assed true faannnn....

lol. I still believe the Snatchz could have done well in a small market like KC, though with a competent coaching staff.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav 03-30-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9541379)
lol. I still believe the Snatchz could have done well in a small market like KC, though with a competent coaching staff.
Posted via Mobile Device

This. THis is actually why i have flip flopped on what the chiefs should do in my opinion. They need to get a qb. I dont care if it is barkley or Geno. Thinking about it. NO pressure to start, he can sit and learn from alex, doug, and reid. He can take over when alex sucks, or gets hurt. I think it makes a lot of sense.

If he isnt ready immediately, the chiefs are covered. I still dont know if he IS ready right now, but if hes not, alex is not a bad place holder.

DaneMcCloud 03-30-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9541066)
????? Sweet god you are just one ****y mother****er.
Posted via Mobile Device

:deevee:

I'm sorry I offended your delicate sensibilities. I'll try to be more respectful in the future.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-30-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9541389)
:deevee:

I'm sorry I offended your delicate sensibilities. I'll try to be more respectful in the future.

Well wtf do you want me to "link"? The asshole wrote one article lambasting KC for Alice, then turns the other way and shit-cans the option of drafting a QB. Does Prisco need the CRS( cant remember shit )-patch???
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 03-30-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9541440)
Well wtf do you want me to "link"? The asshole wrote one article lambasting KC for Alice, then turns the other way and shit-cans the option of drafting a QB. Does Prisco need the CRS( cant remember shit )-patch???
Posted via Mobile Device

How about the fact that NEITHER is the answer?

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-30-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9541483)
How about the fact that NEITHER is the answer?

Eh, says you. What then, is the answer?
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 03-30-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9541572)
Eh, says you. What then, is the answer?
Posted via Mobile Device

You're already on record as saying that Alex Smith will fail in KC. You and a few vocal others believe that with time, Geno Smith could be a Franchise QB, yet the Chiefs traded for Alex Smith and the Raiders are close to acquiring Matt Flynn, even though both teams have a clear shot at draft Smith.

It's been linked and stated countless number of times that this draft class is weak and that Geno Smith has flaws in his game. Unless some unidentified team decides to take a chance on him, he'll likely slip. And for all intents and purposes, the Chiefs appear to have chosen to pass on him.

So, who and what is the "Answer"? I have no idea and without a second round pick, it's unlikely to be a developmental player this year like Nassib, Barkley, Wilson or Manuel. Maybe it's Tyler Bray or Zac Dysert but as far as I know, neither has scheduled visits ahead.

If it's none of those guys (and that would be my guess at this point), they'll need to identify someone in the 2014 draft and do whatever it takes to acquire that player. Again, I have no idea who that could be because in most years, there's a breakout college QB or two and it's difficult to project who that player will be a year in advance.

I'm not nearly as "down" on Alex Smith as some but I also realize that everything will have to go extremely well around him for the Chiefs to win a playoff game, let alone two. Outside of one game, he really hasn't shown the ability to put a team on his back and will them to victory.

And until he does, he will always be viewed as a guy that's just good enough to prevent a team from a championship.

milkman 03-30-2013 03:23 PM

Let me preface this, Dane, by telling you that I have no delusions that the Chiefs are going to draft Geno.

That said, many, if not most of us, understand and recognize the flaws in Geno's mechanics that "experts" deem as serious enough to question his value at the top of the draft.

Most of us also believe that these "experts" are viewing this class through a prism filtered by last year's class, rather than comparing it to normal draft classes, when every top rated QB had an equal or greater number of flaws.

We believe that the mechanical flaws in Geno's game are easily correctable with good coaching, and that his upside is high.

R8RFAN 03-30-2013 03:28 PM

you are not drafting Geno

DaneMcCloud 03-30-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9541654)
Let me preface this, Dane, by telling you that I have no delusions that the Chiefs are going to draft Geno.

That said, many, if not most of us, understand and recognize the flaws in Geno's mechanics that "experts" deem as serious enough to question his value at the top of the draft.

Most of us also believe that these "experts" are viewing this class through a prism filtered by last year's class, rather than comparing it to normal draft classes, when every top rated QB had an equal or greater number of flaws.

We believe that the mechanical flaws in Geno's game are easily correctable with good coaching, and that his upside is high.

I understand all of this and certainly respect your views.

milkman 03-30-2013 03:32 PM

Now, you've raised the question about his leadership. And personality.

There are any number of great QBs that have had sideline meltdowns.
Tom Brady just a couple of years ago comes to mind quickly.

I don't have the kind of access to Geno that NFL people have, so his intrviews and workouts might raise that red flag.

I can only go by what I do have access to.

What I know is that after wins, Geno deflects praise from his game and points it towards his teammates, while deflecting blame from his teammates and pointing vthe finger at himself in losses.

As a team mate, I would respect thatn and be. Willing to follow that kind of person in a game.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-30-2013 04:28 PM

Im content to let things play out until the draft. I do believe Dorseid are doing their due dilligence and not just ****ing around at some imaginary poker table. If however Alex flames out, they had damned well better be ready to do whatever it takes to move up the board and draft a legit youngster. No goddamned excuses. Reasoning and philosophy at that point don't fly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-30-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9541661)
you are not drafting Geno

No one knows that, least of all you.
Posted via Mobile Device

nychief 03-30-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9541773)
Im content to let things play out until the draft.Posted via Mobile Device

Andy Reid thanks you.