ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Need advice on cutting cable cost. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271843)

ragedogg69 05-26-2014 12:30 PM

from what i have read is the linux xbmc on the gbox is superior but at the cost of having the popular android apps like netflix. i think that is because it is taking code from a similar box (pivos) and making it work for the gbox.

which is kinda lame considering pivos gives a share of its profits back to XBMC.org

007 05-26-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10651603)
from what i have read is the linux xbmc on the gbox is superior but at the cost of having the popular android apps like netflix. i think that is because it is taking code from a similar box (pivos) and making it work for the gbox.

which is kinda lame considering pivos gives a share of its profits back to XBMC.org

I would be all in on that install if I didn't have to give up WINSCP app.

ragedogg69 07-18-2014 10:55 AM

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/thread...-Genesis-addon

anybody using this? looks amazing.

Fish 07-18-2014 11:06 AM

Yeah. Actually had a tab open that I was gonna post here about when I got the chance, but you beat me to it.

This addon has overtaken 1Channel as the easiest solution for movies and TV. It works brilliantly. Looks very nice. And the best part is that the content seems to be organized much better with regards to movies and TV that I like to watch. Less European crap that I've never heard of. Genres work much better. You can prioritize your sources and quality. You can link it up with Trakt and IMDB. It's very easy to add streaming items to your Library, and it updates and tells you when there's new episodes. Keeps track of what you've watched and what you haven't.

It's the shit.

Fish 07-18-2014 11:08 AM

Also.... I highly recommend getting the XBMCHub Addon Installer, and installing all your addons that way. It works very well, it's incredibly simple to use, and prevents issues like installing an addon that isn't compatible with your version of XBMC, etc.

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/thread...taller-Browser

ragedogg69 07-18-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10752910)
Also.... I highly recommend getting the XBMCHub Addon Installer, and installing all your addons that way. It works very well, it's incredibly simple to use, and prevents issues like installing an addon that isn't compatible with your version of XBMC, etc.

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/thread...taller-Browser

My brother in law absolutely love it. Great for anyone that doesnt want to tinker. Instead you just download and it works.

I have been using XBMC off and on now for 10 years. I am set in my old ways. lol

007 07-18-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10752905)
Yeah. Actually had a tab open that I was gonna post here about when I got the chance, but you beat me to it.

This addon has overtaken 1Channel as the easiest solution for movies and TV. It works brilliantly. Looks very nice. And the best part is that the content seems to be organized much better with regards to movies and TV that I like to watch. Less European crap that I've never heard of. Genres work much better. You can prioritize your sources and quality. You can link it up with Trakt and IMDB. It's very easy to add streaming items to your Library, and it updates and tells you when there's new episodes. Keeps track of what you've watched and what you haven't.

It's the shit.

I'll have to check that out. I have been getting extremely frustrated with 1channel.

ragedogg69 08-01-2014 12:17 PM

This will be fun. XBMC is now changing their name to Kodi. Starting with version 14. Seems pretty pointless to me.

Fish 08-01-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10788465)
This will be fun. XBMC is now changing their name to Kodi. Starting with version 14. Seems pretty pointless to me.

****ing stupid.

jd1020 08-03-2014 10:41 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0ilMx7k7mso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KMcny_pixDw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NewChief 10-11-2014 10:08 AM

Anyone found a way to watch SEC Network on XBMC? I know I can get the games, but I'd like to get some of the other programming like their game day (it's hosted in Fayetteville today, so I'd like to watch it).

ragedogg69 10-11-2014 12:12 PM

Aside from borrowing a friend/family member's cable login for WatchESPN, I do not know of any 24/7 streams for that network.

NewChief 11-14-2014 12:47 PM

Okay, XBMC issue.

I have a Gbox MX2. I've reflashed the firmware. I've deleted and installed Gotham multiple times. Nothing is overcoming this issue.

When I run any kind of streaming video from any addons (sportsdevil, 1channel, etc..) I get the sound, but I don't get any video. It's just a black screen in the background. Last night, I was streaming the NFL game on Sportsdevil, and I could hear the broadcast.. but the screen was blank. All the XBMC floating menu and such is still there, but there's no video feed.

Any ideas?

Fish 11-14-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11110103)
Okay, XBMC issue.

I have a Gbox MX2. I've reflashed the firmware. I've deleted and installed Gotham multiple times. Nothing is overcoming this issue.

When I run any kind of streaming video from any addons (sportsdevil, 1channel, etc..) I get the sound, but I don't get any video. It's just a black screen in the background. Last night, I was streaming the NFL game on Sportsdevil, and I could hear the broadcast.. but the screen was blank. All the XBMC floating menu and such is still there, but there's no video feed.

Any ideas?

That symptom is normally related to the video decoding method being used. Open XBMC. Go to System\Video. Adjust the Settings level at the bottom to Expert. When you do, the Acceleration setting is displayed in the Video list.

You have two options, hardware decoding or software decoding. With the MX2, you'll probably have better luck with hardware decoding.

When you set it to hardware decoding, you then have two options for hardware decoding, libstagefright and mediacodec. With most current Android devices, you want libstagefright turned on, and mediacodec turned off. If mediacodec is turned on, it uses that and only that for decoding, which many Android devices choke on.

Try those settings and see if it's any better. You're welcome to play around with other decoding methods to see what works best. But the above is normally what I hear being recommended to most Android users. Going forward, new Android devices with better hardware will likely require the opposite, libstagefright off and mediacodec on. libstagefright is a bit of a hack to make weaker Android hardware work right. This only applies to Android.

NewChief 11-14-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11110178)
That symptom is normally related to the video decoding method being used. Open XBMC. Go to System\Video. Adjust the Settings level at the bottom to Expert. When you do, the Acceleration setting is displayed in the Video list.

You have two options, hardware decoding or software decoding. With the MX2, you'll probably have better luck with hardware decoding.

When you set it to hardware decoding, you then have two options for hardware decoding, libstagefright and mediacodec. With most current Android devices, you want libstagefright turned on, and mediacodec turned off. If mediacodec is turned on, it uses that and only that for decoding, which many Android devices choke on.

Try those settings and see if it's any better. You're welcome to play around with other decoding methods to see what works best. But the above is normally what I hear being recommended to most Android users. Going forward, new Android devices with better hardware will likely require the opposite, libstagefright off and mediacodec on. libstagefright is a bit of a hack to make weaker Android hardware work right. This only applies to Android.

Awesome. I'll give it a try tonight after the kids are in bed. Thanks so much!