ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Playstation 4 price and Xbox 720 is announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272150)

aturnis 11-03-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 10158265)
This is EXACTLY how I feel. Those PS4 exclusives look like shit.

I have mild interest in Titanfall, but only just to see what is all about. The rest of those games I couldn't care less about. Especially the Quantum one and Dead Rising. Quantum looked bad, and Dead Rising, really?

Pants 11-03-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10158329)
I have mild interest in Titanfall, but only just to see what is all about. The rest of those games I couldn't care less about. Especially the Quantum one and Dead Rising. Quantum looked bad, and Dead Rising, really?

To each their own. I understand that a lot of people enjoy Japanese titles. I do not. I also think Quantum Break looks ****ing badass but it's also probably not going to make me buy a system.

Jerm 11-03-2013 11:33 PM

Quantum Break looks absolutely insane IMO and the fact they're combining a TV show to companion it has me intrigued.

Sunset Overdrive looks intriguing as well...make no mistake though, for me it's all about TitanFall.

Pants 11-03-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10158348)
Quantum Break looks absolutely insane IMO and the fact they're combining a TV show to companion it has me intrigued.

Sunset Overdrive looks intriguing as well...make no mistake though, for me it's all about TitanFall.

Remedy has a history of making breakthroughs in the gaming world. They created bullet time with the original (and still best) Max Payne.

BryanBusby 11-03-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10151770)
I was a PS guy for years so I've used both types. I was not thrilled with the Xbox controllers at first but once I used it for a day or two I couldn't handle going back to the PS.

Who knows. The PS4 controller could be different. I have my doubts, but we'll see. Either way, it's nice to know I can get a 360ish controller for the PS4.

The PS4 controller feels a lot more solid and comfortable in my hands.

It's certainly an improvement over the DS3, but I doubt enough for people that prefer the Xbox controller to change their minds. I'm in the odd boat and actually preferred the original ****ing huge Xbox controller (absolutely hated the black+white buttons on the 360 controller).

Pants 11-03-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10158356)
The PS4 controller feels a lot more solid and comfortable in my hands.

It's certainly an improvement over the DS3, but I doubt enough for people that prefer the Xbox controller to change their minds. I'm in the odd boat and actually preferred the original ****ing huge Xbox controller (absolutely hated the black+white buttons on the 360 controller).

Black and white buttons were on the 2nd generation controller for the original XBox. They became the bumpers on the 360 controller, IIRC.

BryanBusby 11-03-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10158373)
Black and white buttons were on the 2nd generation controller for the original XBox. They became the bumpers on the 360 controller, IIRC.

Derp, I have a bad habit of mixing up the S controller with the 360 one.

Basileus777 11-04-2013 02:09 AM

For those who still need a PS4 pre-order, Walmart is selling a bundle again (PS4+game+accessory) for $518 that will ship free on Nov 15th.

Quesadilla Joe 11-04-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

New PS4 Game Footage Too Mighty for Puny YouTube Streaming

A new preview of Killzone: Shadow Fall is out in the wild today. Don't go looking for it on YouTube or any other service, though. Developer Guerilla Games says that streaming just isn't good enough for their shiny next-gen baby. It needs special treatment to be appreciated in all its glory.

You can find multiplayer footage for Shadow Fall here on the Guerilla Games site, along with the advice the devs are recommending for viewing the minute-plus clip the way it should be seen:

Unfortunately, there are limitations to streamed video, and many of the clips and trailers we've released thus far aren't being viewed in the best possible fidelity and framerate.

In order to properly demonstrate the framerate and resolution we achieve in Shadow Fall's multiplayer, we've captured and lightly compressed new footage that we're not offering through a video sharing service. Instead, we ask that you download and locally view the high-resolution, uncompressed footage directly from us.

Please use a video player with hardware acceleration when viewing the footage. We recommend Windows Media Player for Windows users and QuickTime Player for Mac users. Do not use a non-accelerated player (such as VLC Media Player) because the framerate and resolution of this movie are simply too high and will very likely cause choppy playback.

Click here to download the video. (ZIP archive, 541 MB)

The video you just saw has been captured from a multiplayer match on "The Park" (MP08). The map is based on one of the environments you'll encounter in the single player campaign, situated firmly behind enemy lines near the Visari tribute statue.

As you can probably tell from the footage, Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer outputs at a native 1080p, rendering uncapped but always targeting 60fps. We're very pleased with how well the game runs, and we can't wait for you to play it come November 15.

Now, someone will probably upload this somewhere. But, it's 541 MB for 1:14 of console footage, which is the kind of thing that makes you wonder if some kind of shift will have to happen to accommodate all the ramped-up visuals of next-gen games. Having taken a look at it myself, the skirmish does look visually impressive. The image above is a screencap from the video run in Quicktime Player on a Mac.

Mind you, there's nothing from a gameplay design standpoint that makes it look like a big evolutionary leap. But the detail and smoothness on display aren't things that you can deny. Guerilla has traditionally been a studio that's pushed PlayStation hardware to peak performance and it looks like they're well on their way to doing the same here.
http://kotaku.com/new-ps4-game-foota...rea-1458262061

The direct download link for the Killzone video is available in the kotaku article if you want to watch it.

aturnis 11-04-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10158341)
To each their own. I understand that a lot of people enjoy Japanese titles. I do not. I also think Quantum Break looks ****ing badass but it's also probably not going to make me buy a system.

Don't know what you're talking about with Japanese titles, but whatever.

I just watched the Quantum Break videos again. The trailers look good, so maybe I'll retract my previous statement, but I recall seeing a video with commentary from creators which I thought made it look like it wasn't very well done. Trailers look fine though. They could work on the dialogue and voice acting though.

I still maintain that famed like DR3 and Sunday Overdrive look terrible. King of a GTA one truck point time killer terrible for DR series, and Sunset Overdrive just looks silly and uninteresting.

bishop_74 11-04-2013 07:42 PM

PS4 can't stream media. Seems like a terrible decision.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technol...onsole-2674372

Microsoft has confirmed that the Xbox One is DLNA compatible and can play CDs and MP3s.

The company confirmed the console's home media functionality in a statement.

A spokesperson said: "Xbox One supports audio CD playback. Xbox One is DLNA compatible and we are working to get certified.

"For MP3s, Xbox One is a PlayTo receiver, so you can stream content from PlayTo supported devices like Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and many Windows Phones.

"Xbox Music will also deliver unlimited ad-free music through a Xbox Music Pass subscription."

This comes after Sony revealed last week that the PlayStation 4 will not be able to stream media from your home network.

This lack of DLNA support means that you cannot use the console for multi-media use in the same way that the PS3 could.

The Verge describe this as "a significant step backwards" for Sony, saying that it's going to cause big issues for many users.

On top of this, the PS4 will not play MP3s or CDs - meaning the only way you can listen to music is with Sony's Music Unlimited service.

Amidst unhappy fans, PlayStation's Head of Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida tweeted: "Thanks for the feedback to the lack of MP3 and DLNA support at the launch of PS4. I'll share with the PS4 Dev team for future consideration."

The Xbox One is hitting stores on November 22, and will cost £429.

SnakeXJones 11-04-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishop_74 (Post 10160591)
PS4 can't stream media. Seems like a terrible decision.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technol...onsole-2674372

Microsoft has confirmed that the Xbox One is DLNA compatible and can play CDs and MP3s.

The company confirmed the console's home media functionality in a statement.

A spokesperson said: "Xbox One supports audio CD playback. Xbox One is DLNA compatible and we are working to get certified.

"For MP3s, Xbox One is a PlayTo receiver, so you can stream content from PlayTo supported devices like Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and many Windows Phones.

"Xbox Music will also deliver unlimited ad-free music through a Xbox Music Pass subscription."

This comes after Sony revealed last week that the PlayStation 4 will not be able to stream media from your home network.

This lack of DLNA support means that you cannot use the console for multi-media use in the same way that the PS3 could.

The Verge describe this as "a significant step backwards" for Sony, saying that it's going to cause big issues for many users.

On top of this, the PS4 will not play MP3s or CDs - meaning the only way you can listen to music is with Sony's Music Unlimited service.

Amidst unhappy fans, PlayStation's Head of Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida tweeted: "Thanks for the feedback to the lack of MP3 and DLNA support at the launch of PS4. I'll share with the PS4 Dev team for future consideration."

The Xbox One is hitting stores on November 22, and will cost £429.

Then again who the **** cares about music on any system? I have music on my 360 but never play the shit

Quesadilla Joe 11-04-2013 08:10 PM

<iframe src="http://widgets.ign.com/video/embed/content.html?url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/11/04/mlb-14-ps3ps4-teaser-trailer" width="468" height="263" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/195d.../ku-xlarge.png

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/195d.../ku-xlarge.png

Mother****erJones 11-04-2013 08:12 PM

Meh, don't need to listen to CDs on ps4

Pants 11-04-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10160379)
Don't know what you're talking about with Japanese titles, but whatever.

Look at the exclusives list KnowMo posted.