ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert/Joeckel perspective (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272267)

Nightfyre 04-19-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 9604743)
I think you guys who really want Geno have to look at it from the $$$ perspective, not from a building a team perspective.

Alex Smith will cost roughly 7.5 mill this year.

Brandon Albert will probably cost around 11 mill this year.

The Chiefs will most likely trade Albert for a 2nd round pick, which basically means the Chiefs traded Albert for Smith, except for the pick the next year. This was a $$$ move.

You don't even have your facts straight. Albert will cost 9.8 million tagged. Whoever we pick #1 will cost 6 million guaranteed each year for the next four years -regardless of performance. So we spent the first overall pick to save 3.8 million per year? Brilliant. JFC.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-19-2013 06:09 PM

Nobody, including the Chiefs know what they are going to do. We know the likely outcome, but they are going to give us blueballs waiting.

DaneMcCloud 04-19-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9604573)
No offense, but because it's ****ing stupid.

Why take a less talented QB like Nassib or Bray when you can take the best QB in the class and develop him?

Pass on Geno or Barkley, (you're not getting Barkley in R2) but spend a pick on a guy that needs more work, and has a higher bust factor...

Makes zero sense.

With all due respect, I'd think that you'd agree that often times, the first QB off the board isn't necessarily the best in any given class, right?

You mentioned Locker and Ponder. Well, Gabbert is crap as well, yet the best QB outside of Cam Newton, is Andy Dalton. Right?

If the Chiefs take Geno Smith, I'll fully back that decision. But if they don't, I won't lose any sleep. As I mentioned, I'd love to see them grab Barkley, Nassib, Bray or even Dysert as a developmental and hopefully, QBOTF.

I'm not and have never been Anti-first round QB and to even imply such a thing is a gross mis-characterization.

crazycoffey 04-19-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9604930)
Nobody, including the Chiefs know what they are going to do. We know the likely outcome, but they are going to give us blueballs waiting.

No, don't say that!!!! If we continue to argue it, we may actually talk Reid and Dorsey into drafting the guy we want (both sides).

I don't see how, or why we can't either take geno 1.1, Wilson or E.J. In the second (from Albert trade), or bray - jones in the third. We need a rookie QB anyway, trick shot and fabio are dead space on the rooster

BossChief 04-19-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9601960)
It IS outdated.

JFC.

So, you and ALL of your buddies have SPAMMED this forum with "It's CHEAP to take a QB" because of the new CBA, right?

But, you're going to say that compensation should remain the same?

What the ****?

I don't give a flying **** what Washington gave up for RGIII. Any team that is going to demand the same compensation Pre-2011 CBA as Post 2011 CBA is smoking crack.

ANY salesman worth his salt would say "**** off".

New rules.

. I guess the actual people running NFL teams ALL disagree with you, because they followed the draft chart for the deals after the new CBA was implemented.

I agree that it seems the value should have changed. Without the financial commitment to the ayers at the top, the value of the picks should have went way up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9602050)
Drafting Luke Joeckel would be markedly worse than the Tyson Jackson pick. Jackson at least filled a legitimate need, not one the FO created through their own dipshittery.

:clap:
Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9603430)
The chart doesn't account for the fact that some years have a high value player like Andrew Luck in them and some don't. This one doesn't. In other words, the chart value of the first overall pick is too high, not too low as cdcox suggested. That's why the Chiefs are reportedly trying to trade down for a pittance.

The chart is a guideline and a starting point. That's why RG3 went for so much, lots of birders driving up the price
Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9604635)
Well again if you watched games you would know which ones.

You have flipped massive amounts of shit to anyone wanting to draft Geno Smith for months.

It's ridiculous. And when you are wrong you have just gone on talking shit.

It's gotten comical, seriously it has.

You are a joke and a shadow of your former posting self, and that's coming from a guy who has pretty much been a total supporter of yours this whole time.

Makes me a little sad to see you this way.
Posted via Mobile Device

You know what's funny?

When someone asked Dane which games he watched...he could only name 2.

Texas
Texas A&M

What's wrong with one of those selections?
Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9604708)
That's ****ed up.

Really. It's one thing to troll the dipshits that come here from somewhere just to troll us.

But you don't do it to people you claim as friends...

Especially all the personal attacks.
Posted via Mobile Device

sounds familiar...

DaneMcCloud 04-19-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9605227)

You know what's funny?

When someone asked Dane which games he watched...he could only name 2.

Texas
Texas A&M

Why does it matter so much to you which games I've watched?

Seriously, there has been a tremendous amount of butthurt from a few members this year because I've disagreed with them about a singular player.

Furthermore, I watched him shit the bed against K-State, LIVE, and I watched him in the Pinstripe Bowl, LIVE. The others I watched on YouTube.

But it's outright astounding how my opinion seems to cause so much anger and dismay.

It's really ****ed up.

Hammock Parties 04-19-2013 07:12 PM

DANE IS LOOKING LIVE

http://www.nndb.com/people/089/00002...er-1-sized.jpg

Nightfyre 04-19-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9605266)

But it's outright astounding how my opinion seems to cause so much anger and dismay.

It's really ****ed up.

Surely this is just more McCloud trollery.

DaneMcCloud 04-19-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9605273)
Surely this is just more McCloud trollery.

And surely, you're still dumb as ****

SAUTO 04-19-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9605266)
Why does it matter so much to you which games I've watched?

Seriously, there has been a tremendous amount of butthurt from a few members this year because I've disagreed with them about a singular player.

Furthermore, I watched him shit the bed against K-State, LIVE, and I watched him in the Pinstripe Bowl, LIVE. The others I watched on YouTube.

It's really ****ed up.

It's the way you put your opinion out there...

Oh and they didn't play Texas A&M. Dipshit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nightfyre 04-19-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9605284)
And surely, you're still dumb as ****

How predictable. You have lost your burst Dane.

DaneMcCloud 04-19-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9605290)
How predictable. You have lost your burst Dane.

And you've never had one to lose

Fat Elvis 04-19-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9604837)
If I'm Dorsey, I realize it's Year 1 and it doesn't matter what my record is in Year 1. It matters what my record is in Years 4-6.

What he's doing is great for his job security and will please the hell out of true fans. The Chiefs will be DECENT, Arrowhead will fill up, and so will Clark Hunt's pockets.

It's not great for building a team that can actually win in the playoffs unless they get REALLY ****ing lucky and find a gem in rounds 3 or later this year or next.

You do understand Clark is his boss, don't you? (Not directed at you Duncan, but to everyone else who doesn't seem to understand that Dorsey is obliged to please the person who signs his paycheck.)

DaneMcCloud 04-19-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9605289)
It's the way you put your opinion out there...

Oh and they didn't play Texas A&M. Dipshit.
Posted via Mobile Device

:deevee:

Nightfyre 04-19-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9605294)
And you've never had one to lose

Oh man, Dane is out to "win" another bantering game that only he is playing.