ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert not going anywhere. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272686)

Cannibal 05-01-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9650449)
http://i41.tinypic.com/315iro2.jpg

I get so ****ing tired of hearing this bullshit. Dorsey and Reid have had one ****ing draft, and there were no ****ing quarterbacks that were good enough to take with the overall #1 pick. Get over it.

You simply cannot blame Reid and Dorsey for 30 years of Chiefs failures. They weren't here. If you insist that Reid and Dorsey will NEVER draft a high quarterback, you're talking out of your ass. YOU DON'T KNOW.

Quit being such a whiny bitch. They didn't take Geno. Get the **** over it.

This.

Sassy Squatch 05-01-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650670)
yeah, they really valued his contribution....

on the bench

LOL. 6-2 before a concussion.

O.city 05-01-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650654)
Well isn't that all this place is anymore a bunch of bitches? Whats your opinion? You happy with all the bitching?

Happy with it? No, but I understand where it's coming from. We are/were the worst franchise in the NFL the past few years, in terms of not only wins and losses, but general perception around the league.

I'm pretty positive this offseason, I'm always pretty positive, but it really doesn't matter either way to me, I've been let down before.

I just want to enjoy football again.

This place though, has become either bitching about the moves the team has made, or bitching at the people bitching because they "would rather be right than win" or some similar statement.

Football discussions are becoming few and far between.

Sassy Squatch 05-01-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9650712)
Happy with it? No, but I understand where it's coming from. We are/were the worst franchise in the NFL the past few years, in terms of not only wins and losses, but general perception around the league.

I'm pretty positive this offseason, I'm always pretty positive, but it really doesn't matter either way to me, I've been let down before.

I just want to enjoy football again.

This place though, has become either bitching about the moves the team has made, or bitching at the people bitching because they "would rather be right than win" or some similar statement.

Football discussions are becoming few and far between.

Yep. Oh well, if we win games it will probably die down, until next off season at least.

Direckshun 05-01-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9649851)
Fisher is the better run blocker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9649860)
Fisher is the better blocker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9649865)
We don't know that.

Clay.

Just... Christ.

The Bad Guy 05-01-2013 08:37 PM

I'm truly convinced some of you would rather lose because Alex Smith is the QB.

Sassy Squatch 05-01-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9650726)

Gotta prove their agendas, AMIRITE?

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9650725)
Clay.

Just... Christ.

We know Fisher is already a better run blocker than Albert simply because 1. Albert hasn't been a great run blocker and 2. Fisher has a rep as being pretty awesome at it.

Meanwhile, zero evidence to suggest Fisher is a better pass blocker. Zilch.

Marcellus 05-01-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Without a single doubt.

O.city 05-01-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

I think there are some here, who want him to be successful, but just don't think he will be based on his previous playing time.

Then there are a select few, who you are probably right about.

In the end, I'd say most just want to win.

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 08:41 PM

I'd like to win a SB.

The sooner Alex Smith is outta here, the sooner we can get on with that goal.

Brock 05-01-2013 08:41 PM

Good, I guess. This whole situation has been a travesty.

The Bad Guy 05-01-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9650323)
Call it ridiculous if you want, but I'm not convinced they would've taken Andrew Luck. I said this months ago, way back when everyone was projecting multiple QBs in the first round. Which was also happening the week before the draft, remember - people enjoy pointing and laugh at the drafurbaters, but reality is that the great majority of the mocks out there had multiple QBs going in the first round, and rarely was EJ Manual one of them. So literally everyone was wrong in their projections about this class. Although that's beside the point, really. I believe their philosophy this offseason, regardless of who was available in the draft, would have been making a decision to trade for Alex Smith in January, and then the QB position is off the table for the draft. I said this the second the earliest rumors about Smith came out. I said this again when the trade was official. He was always going to be their guy. There was zero chance they were taking a QB in this class.

Of course I was using hyperbole in my earlier post. Because of course they wish there'd been an Andrew Luck in the draft. They'd have been able to trade the pick that way.

Wow. Just wow.

So you think a coach who drafted Donovan McNabb 2nd overall and a guy like Dorsey who comes from a franchise that invested a first round pick in Aaron Rodgers is going to pass on drafting someone like Andrew Luck if he was there?

I just really can't get behind that rationale. It's absurd frankly. The failures of 2 previous GMs (one of which who said he never wanted to draft a QB and would always go with the veteran, and another who thought he could catch lighting in a bottle twice with low round QBs) are being lumped in with guys who have drafted QBs high and had success doing it.

To say they'd want an Andrew Luck here just to trade the pick is complete hyperbole.

Andy Reid/Dorsey have been Chiefs for 4 months. The trade for Alex Smith was more of a reflection on what they thought about this QB class more than anything. If they were all in on him, they'd have given him an extension much like Pioli did without merit.

The Bad Guy 05-01-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9650759)
I think there are some here, who want him to be successful, but just don't think he will be based on his previous playing time.

Then there are a select few, who you are probably right about.

In the end, I'd say most just want to win.

I think some want to win. I think some also want to win with certain players.

I think some just want to be ****ing miserable forever.

AlexSmithDynasty 05-01-2013 08:48 PM

This is a good move some of you are really underrating the value of a good o line. The key to any great team is in the trenches, in the 2010 the Niners traded up to the 11th pick to take RT Anthony Davis, 6 picks later they took LG Mike Iupati 17th overall. Idiots who don't understand how football works complained at the time because the picks were boring. Not too many Niner fans complaining about the picks now.