ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Why Geno Smith fell in the draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272695)

BigCatDaddy 05-02-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9651856)
So you still wanted Geno 1.1?

Without a doubt. If your goal is a superbowl I'd rather gamble on a QB than draft a RT. Doesn't have to be Geno. Could be EJ, Barkley, Geno... etc.

Let's look at it like this.

Do you think in 3 years there will be a QB from this class that you would trade Eric Fisher for?

Chief Roundup 05-02-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9651840)
i love him, glad we grabbed him...think his chances of being anything are about .001%

but then again, I'm consistent about QBs

i don't say embarrassingly stupid things like "Geno Smith is too arrogant to draft! too risky!...Tyler Bray's arrogance will be controlled by Reid!! QBOTF!!"

i think I'll start a spreadsheet to keep all the names of the hypocrites

Going to be hard to control someone that doesn't have enough control not to ruin their own body with a tattoo. Let alone a tattoo of your own name. Then as if that wasn't bad enough lets put stars around each letter. Yeah there has to be some thing of a mind there to control first.

I want us to get a QB to be our QBoTF but there just weren't any this offseason.
Bray like most of the other QBs that are not drafted in the first have a .00001% of ever winning a SB. (amounting to anything)
No that doesn't mean that you just draft on in the first to have one from the first either. There are a lot around here that want to do that as well.
I am going to have hope that a coach, Andy Reid, that has a reputation of drafting QBs will do so when there is one available that is of good quality.

the Talking Can 05-02-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9651859)
Yeah, it tells me he's a cheaper douche bag, and much easier to kick to the curb if he can't be bothered to learn anything.

actually, it tells you he is much less talented, and a much bigger douche bag...his fall is maybe the worst in draft history

but since douche bags can't be developed, he is irrelevant...we just found that out in this thread

Cmd'r&Chief 05-02-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9651849)
all teams in the nfl passed on Bray 7 times...that does tell you something, the NFL values Smith and doesn't value Bray at all

but thanks for using the 'it risky!!' excuse in every thread you post...cracks me up

Every time you walk up a flight of stairs it's risky. What if your fat ass has a heart attack, you croak, tumble down the stairs, and smash the innocent pedestrians behind you?

It isn't always safe to be risky, you may end up getting run over by tumbling fat man.

tooge 05-02-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9651794)
we drafted a RT with the #1 pick, and traded two seconds for a backup QB

those are the facts

and then there's your tired, decades old excuse for once again not drafting a QB

it never ends, it never changes

but hey, you got what you want...no QB...so the Chiefs are golden

We didn't not want a QB. There is a difference between not wanting one, and one not being available that was worth a shit. I think the chiefs got the best of the QB's out there this year. If they don't draft one over the next several years, then yes, I'd be disappointed. But again, please try to make the distinction between people not wanting one and one simply not being available.

Chief Roundup 05-02-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9651855)
If you don't have a good QB and you aren't drafting one then you ain't tryin.

There wasn't a good one to draft. They did the best thing by not tying us to a QB that is not good. They were trying. Just not trying to please "the fans".

Marcellus 05-02-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9651875)
We didn't not want a QB. There is a difference between not wanting one, and one not being available that was worth a shit. I think the chiefs got the best of the QB's out there this year. If they don't draft one over the next several years, then yes, I'd be disappointed. But again, please try to make the distinction between people not wanting one and one simply not being available.

^^^
I don't understand how other people cant figure this out. I really can't.

Next comment will be we have passed up QB's for 30 years because they cant distinguish the fact that Reid and Dorsey have nothing to do with that.

Carlota69 05-02-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9651870)
actually, it tells you he is much less talented, and a much bigger douche bag...his fall is maybe the worst in draft history

but since douche bags can't be developed, he is irrelevant...we just found that out in this thread

No, it tells me he is less talented, but he may be just as Douchy as Geno.
Geno is clearly the best QB in the draft, but his douche baggery dropped his value to 2nd round instead of first round. And the Jets are a poorly run franchise right now, so the fact that he was taken 39th doesn't say shit to me. The Jets are stupid in general, so them taking Geno says nothing about Genos value.
I'm curious how much further he would of dropped if The Jets passed.

ChiTown 05-02-2013 08:10 AM

Meh. I don't care anymore. Not a ****ing thing we can do about it now. I've moved on, and I suggest everyone else (for their sanity's sake) do the same.

tooge 05-02-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9651867)
Without a doubt. If your goal is a superbowl I'd rather gamble on a QB than draft a RT. Doesn't have to be Geno. Could be EJ, Barkley, Geno... etc.

Let's look at it like this.

Do you think in 3 years there will be a QB from this class that you would trade Eric Fisher for?

No. And look at it this way, do you think that if there is, he'd be glad to have a LT like Eric Fisher? You guys just don't get it. The chiefs did pretty much the best they could do THIS year with what was available. They grabbed the consensus best FA QB available, paid one second rounder next year too much for him though, and grabbed some need positions in the draft with lots of upside. It's not Dorseys fault that the previous regime made no play for RG3 or Cam Newton, or Matt Ryan. But those guys weren't here in the NFL's opinion. Give the regime a freaking chance before crucifying them for not reaching on a QB with 1.1

Chief Roundup 05-02-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9651867)

No I don't think any of these QBs will be more than backups or teasers that never do anything more than flash.

King_Chief_Fan 05-02-2013 08:14 AM

I don't look at it as a fall

Geno was inappropriately hyped and put in top 10

Reality set in at draft time and Geno took his rightful spot at 39

I agree with the comment that Chiefs did not want a QB. That was clear. So, even if Geno was at 1.1 someone would have paid the Chiefs a gold mine to take the pick.

BigCatDaddy 05-02-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9651884)
There wasn't a good one to draft. They did the best thing by not tying us to a QB that is not good. They were trying. Just not trying to please "the fans".

NO! You have no idea that there "wasn't a good one to draft". Once the 2015 season is over than you MIGHT be able to say "There wasn't a good QB in the 2013 class".

BigCatDaddy 05-02-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9651902)
No I don't think any of these QBs will be more than backups or teasers that never do anything more than flash.

That's fine, but I disagree and the odds are in my favor. You may end up being correct though.

BigCatDaddy 05-02-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9651901)
No. And look at it this way, do you think that if there is, he'd be glad to have a LT like Eric Fisher? You guys just don't get it. The chiefs did pretty much the best they could do THIS year with what was available. They grabbed the consensus best FA QB available, paid one second rounder next year too much for him though, and grabbed some need positions in the draft with lots of upside. It's not Dorseys fault that the previous regime made no play for RG3 or Cam Newton, or Matt Ryan. But those guys weren't here in the NFL's opinion. Give the regime a freaking chance before crucifying them for not reaching on a QB with 1.1

He would have been better off not paying the equivalent of a 1st round pick for Alex Smith. Then he could have taken a guy like Geno in the 2nd. Flynn, Kolb, and Palmer could have been had for next to nothing to be a stop gap for a rookie this year and probably offer more than AS in potential. It's a much better attempt to win a SB than trading a 1st for AS and than hoping someday a QB falls to you in the draft.

Carl Peterson gave up a 1st for a guy that took us to the AFC title game and a 1st for a guy that QB'd one of the elite offenses in the NFL for 3-4 years. Dorsey gave up a 1st for a guy with 3-300 yard passing games in 80 career games.

The addressing of the QB position has been horrible.