ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jon Baldwin has been traded to the 49ers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275434)

Ace Gunner 08-19-2013 11:15 AM

might just juice both players

Mav 08-19-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9898937)
I don't want Baldwin and expect nothing from him. I wanted Coby Fleener in 2012. If the 49ers took Fleener, they could have taken Keenan Allen this year instead of TE Vance MacDonald.

Our GM is great but he completely whiffed by reaching for Jenkins. sh IT Happens.

I wanted Stephen Hill. Stephen Hill from Kaep would of been nice.

Mr. Laz 08-19-2013 11:17 AM

at least it sends a message to the rest of the team that sucking won't be ignored

thabear04 08-19-2013 11:18 AM

The A.J. Jenkins watch in San Francisco is just about over, and a new one is set to start in Kansas City.

The Chiefs announced Monday the acquisition of Jenkins from the 49ers in exchange for similarly disappointing wide receiver Jon Baldwin. This is a rare one-for-one NFL talent swap of players who failed to live up to expectations.

t's amazing how far Jenkins fell in San Francisco since being drafted in 2012. There were open questions about whether or not Jenkins would even make the 53-man roster. Chad Hall, among others, ran ahead of Jenkins in practice.

But seeing the Chiefs give up on Baldwin is even more surprising. The third-year pro was a first-round pick in 2011 by previous general manager Scott Pioli. Unlike Jenkins, though, Baldwin at least produced something at the pro level. (He had 579 yards over the last two years.) Earlier in camp, new coach Andy Reid mentioned that Baldwin struggles to hold on to the football.

The 49ers desperately need a vertical threat, and that's Baldwin's skill set. But let's not make this trade into more than it is. It's a swap of busts. It would be a surprise if either player made a big impact on their new team.

DJ's left nut 08-19-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9898962)
matter enough for you and your little butt buddy to go out of your way to post about.

Hell DJsuckmynuts might even reach stalker status for me since i matter so little

i matter so little that your remember virtually every post i make

LMAO

:doh!:

Like I said, SNR - with this guy it's better to just stand on your record. And interestingly enough, I think you were the first guy to really put me on blast around here.

Evidently we're butt buddies now. So I guess we've got that going for us...

Jakemall 08-19-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squatch (Post 9898970)
Jenkins has only had one HC. Baldwin had three and couldn't fit in with any of them. Maybe that's a good sign for us?

There's a possiblity that Jenkins needs time to develop in the right situation. The niners are not a place for players that need to develop. A lot of potentially decent players will be let go because they're not getting it quick enough. Maybe that's different for the chiefs...I don't know.

Fat Elvis 08-19-2013 11:19 AM

We just need to flat out quit trading with the 49ers. Yes, Baldwin sucks and I wanted him cut during the last preseason game, but we managed to trade him for a player who sucks even more.

Mr. Laz 08-19-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Craig Stout ‏@KaloPhoenix 30m
Hey guys, if anybody's going to fix Jon Baldwin, it's Todd Haley. I mean Andy Reid. I mean Jim Harbaugh.
Expand
LMAO

OnTheWarpath15 08-19-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9898978)
at least it sends a message to the rest of the team that sucking won't be ignored

Yeah, if you suck, we'll ship you to a Super Bowl contender.

I bet Baldwin is all sorts if broken up over this.

Rain Man 08-19-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9898959)
Reid had Wylie doing far more active things earlier in the preseason game. Wylie was out there in the 2nd quarter. Hemingway didn't show up until halfway through the 3rd.

For right now, at least, Wylie is apparently ahead of Hemingway in the pecking order.

Wylie seems like he plays fast, and I remember him making a pretty nice reception over the middle relatively early. I've been a semi-fan of his since he started showing up on the active roster late last season.

Ace Gunner 08-19-2013 11:21 AM

both players have a legit opp. let's see what they do with it.

Fat Elvis 08-19-2013 11:21 AM

Are the 9ers on the hook for his (Jenkins) signing bonus counting against their cap or are we?

Jakemall 08-19-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9898976)
I wanted Stephen Hill. Stephen Hill from Kaep would of been nice.

I wanted him too....guy can block the run and he's fast with hops and height.

He seems to be pretty injury prone in hindsight.

Rain Man 08-19-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9898986)
Yeah, if you suck, we'll ship you to a Super Bowl contender.

I bet Baldwin is all sorts if broken up over this.

There's a little part of me that wonders if this is some way for both teams to save some bonus money somewhere down the line. I'll ship you my bust and you ship me yours, and we don't have to pay any offseason training bonus or roster bonus or whatever.

Of course, the 49ers already know how to do that with Tarell Brown.

Jakemall 08-19-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9898992)
Are the 9ers on the hook for his (Jenkins) signing bonus counting against their cap or are we?

If it's a swap...I imagine that it's a swap of contracts. They probably pay a pro-rated bonus based on the length of the contract.