ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Texting in the theater in Florida? I don't think so... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280643)

Jimmya 01-16-2014 08:26 AM

I like the Lewis defense!

mikeyis4dcats. 01-16-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10371599)
I don't really understand the difference.

As someone earlier pointed out, I'm curious why the wife's hand got shot, and if she was trying to hold the dead guy back from attacking the old guy. But even if she was, I think the old guy is in a heap of trouble, so maybe it doesn't make much difference.

It's really hard for me to buy any type of self-defense argument. There were no punches thrown, and it was in a public area with dozens of other people around. Yelling, "Help! Call the police!" would have sufficed as a defense.

she may have had her hand on her husbands back....

GloryDayz 01-16-2014 09:12 AM

This is a sad story. Had he only used a taser!

BigRedChief 01-16-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10371197)
I tend to doubt he thought that far ahead. Read the bio on this guy, he’s a man of authority that isn’t used to being told to get bent much less have some smart ass punk throw something at him. I’m willing to bet his reaction is based on emotion and pride.

or history? Woman comes forward to say the old guy threatened her over texting at the same movie theater a couple of weeks earlier.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...hooter/2161237

DenverChief 01-16-2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10371156)
Most 70 something people live in an elderly care home? Are you serious? Go to Branson, MO sometime and check out the people in their 90's running around on vacation. You're off on the age demographic here. No way in hell "most" people in their 70's are living in a nursing home.

Just because they live in a home they can't go on vacation?

Rain Man 01-16-2014 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10372912)
she may have had her hand on her husbands back....

Ah. So she was pushing him into a fight. What a clever plan to get some insurance money.

VAChief 01-17-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10371666)
A guy was killed because some asshole didn't like him texting during movie previews. The previews. This isn't a both wrong scenario.

This...and it is not like he was chatting it up with friends (although that shouldn't matter either during the previews) it was with his kid's babysitter. This could have been any caring father.

Dartgod 01-17-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10374075)
or history? Woman comes forward to say the old guy threatened her over texting at the same movie theater a couple of weeks earlier.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...hooter/2161237

There's not one thing in that article that constitutes a threat. Yeah, she apparently had a run in with him, but no threats were made.

BigRedChief 01-17-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 10375220)
There's not one thing in that article that constitutes a threat. Yeah, she apparently had a run in with him, but no threats were made.

She said she was threatened by him. Not my words. Here in Florida thats all you need to blow someone away.

LiveSteam 01-17-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10375480)
She said she was threatened by him. Not my words. Here in Florida thats all you need to blow someone away.

I'm moving to Florida

BigRedChief 01-17-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 10375482)
I'm moving to Florida

27 states have the same law.

Dartgod 01-17-2014 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10375480)

Yeah, I read it again and no mention of her saying such a thing. Here are the quotes from the article.

Quote:

Reeves went to get an usher, and the usher told Jamira Dixon to put her phone away.
Quote:

Dixon said he kept glaring at her, and at one point he even followed her to the restroom.
Quote:

She felt like he was trying to be the "referee of the movie theater."
Quote:

At one point, he pointed at the family while talking to the usher.

"I think he wanted us to know it was him reporting us," she said.
Quote:

"It was disgusting the way he acted," said Michael Dixon, 38. "It's like he was looking to start a confrontation."
I'm not defending the guy. But nothing from the article indicates that she felt threatened, as you stated. The only thing that I see that could be out of line is the part about him following her to the restroom. But it doesn't appear that he confronted her or even spoke to her at all during that time. In fact, nothing from that article indicates that he spoke to her at all.

BigRedChief 01-17-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 10375505)
Yeah, I read it again and no mention of her saying such a thing. Here are the quotes from the article.

I'm not defending the guy. But nothing from the article indicates that she felt threatened, as you stated. The only thing that I see that could be out of line is the part about him following her to the restroom. But it doesn't appear that he confronted her or even spoke to her at all during that time. In fact, nothing from that article indicates that he spoke to her at all.

It's the way its being portrayed down here. She had a press conference in her driveway. There are a shitload of articles and news reports on this issue. Big story down here. She went to the prosecutor on her own. Maybe shes a publicity hound?

I personally don't give a shit. I wasn't saying its my opinion she was threatened or not.

Dartgod 01-17-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10375521)
It's the way its being portrayed down here. She had a press conference in her driveway. There are a shitload of articles and news reports on this issue. Big story down here. She went to the prosecutor on her own. Maybe shes a publicity hound?

I personally don't give a shit. I wasn't saying its my opinion she was threatened or not.

Or maybe she's looking for a payday. :shrug:

Quote:

With all the attention, Jamira Dixon said she can't focus on work. She can't sleep.

Carlota69 01-17-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 10375505)

if some dude that was giving me hard time about something, or glaring at me or whatnot followed me to the bathroom, Id feel threatened. As a woman, when a strange man follows you to the bathroom, theres some cause for concern.