ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports **Official USA vs Germany World Cup Match Thread** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284630)

WilliamTheIrish 06-26-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10716717)
It's not the same. You still have to win to squeak into the playoffs. They won 1 out of 3 games. Thats a hard concept for Americans to grasp.

No it's not hard for Americans to grasp. Try to look at the group stage as a regular season of three games. Just like the NFL there is a myriad of tie breakers as regular season play ends. The major difference is that head to head isn't the main tie breaker.
In the next round it's "win or go home" so that should make it more American for you.

Pablo 06-26-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10716732)
Gee, that never happens in the NFL. Nope. Never.

LMAO

Red Dawg 06-26-2014 12:14 PM

We are in baby! Better than being out. We live to fight another day.

alnorth 06-26-2014 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 10716741)
No, their team is really good but it's still BELGIUM. You know how in America we make Polish jokes and in England they make fun of the Welsh? In Western Europe the jokes are about Belgians.

ahh, OK then. We don't have that cultural Belgium hangup though and most of us won't visit Europe within the next few months to be mocked.

So, I'll just look at this game as the USA being the underdogs against a good team.

Rausch 06-26-2014 12:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 10716742)
Don't worry, you won't miss anything.

Rausch 06-26-2014 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 10716721)
Only people with minimal brain power fail to see how well the US did in the group stage. There is no such thing as backing in to the knockout round

This game was clearly never taken seriously by either team...

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-26-2014 12:18 PM

Go Algeria!

KC_Connection 06-26-2014 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 10716741)
No, their team is really good but it's still BELGIUM. You know how in America we make Polish jokes and in England they make fun of the Welsh? In Western Europe the jokes are about Belgians.

On the same point, In Bruges is a hilarious movie.

KCCHIEFS27 06-26-2014 12:20 PM

Well..times get tougher now. Sucks that all 3 CONCACAF teams are in the same half of the bracket during the knockout round

alnorth 06-26-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10716752)
This game was clearly never taken seriously by either team...

I'll give you the last 5 or 6 minutes or so, but for most of the game both teams were clearly trying to score.

At the very end when it was clear that a 0-1 loss would be enough, the USA's priority was then to focus on defense and make damned sure they didn't lose 0-2.

gblowfish 06-26-2014 12:33 PM

This is the FIFA equivalent to Succop missing that Field Goal against San Diego last year to put the Chargers in the playoffs and knock the Steelers out.

srvy 06-26-2014 12:33 PM

Well I tried to like soccer but its just to freaking boring. The pussies flop every time they are touched. They grab arm or leg like its broken in half and hanging by the skin.

Looked like a group of older kids playing keep away from the short bus kids today. I brought my tablet to work as other did too and I was about to sign out to the field. Figured id spit on a walk or something and watch and see how long before it evaporates.

Anyway got back to office logged back to espn and seen the happiest bunch of USA player. I thought they had rallied and won. Then they flash 1-0 finale for Germany. WTF you celebrate and smile and whoop it up after the ball was in your end it seemed an eternity? Later I see they lost yet advance huhhhhhhhhhhh. This looks like grade school where the schools teach everyone's a winner they're are no losers. Then I see the went 1-3 in that round. Yes I don't like soccer and never will.

Pablo 06-26-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10716780)
Well I tried to like soccer but its just to freaking boring. The pussies flop every time they are touched. They grab arm or leg like its broken in half and hanging by the skin.

Looked like a group of older kids playing keep away from the short bus kids today. I brought my tablet to work as other did too and I was about to sign out to the field. Figured id spit on a walk or something and witch and see how long before it evaporates.

Anyway got back to office logged back to espn and seen the happiest bunch of USA player. I thought they had rallied and won. Then they flash 1-0 finale for Germany. WTF you calibrate and smile and whoop it up after the ball was in your end it seemed an eternity? Later I see they lost yet advance huhhhhhhhhhhh. This looks like grade school where the schools teach everyone's a winner they're are no losers. Then I see the went 1-3 in that round. Yes I dot like soccer and never will.

Your opinion is important!

Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

LMAO

TambaBerry 06-26-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10716780)

Looked like a group of older kids playing keep away from the short bus kids today. I brought my tablet to work as other did too and I was about to sign out to the field. Figured id spit on a walk or something and watch and see how long before it evaporates.

Anyway got back to office logged back to espn and seen the happiest bunch of USA player. I thought they had rallied and won. Then they flash 1-0 finale for Germany. WTF you celebrate and smile and whoop it up after the ball was in your end it seemed an eternity? Later I see they lost yet advance huhhhhhhhhhhh. This looks like grade school where the schools teach everyone's a winner they're are no losers. Then I see the went 1-3 in that round. Yes I don't like soccer and never will.

Whole lot of dumb in this post

OnTheWarpath15 06-26-2014 12:40 PM

WTF is with Bradley this tournament?

The ball hits his foot and he acts as if it's a ****ing grenade.

Glad they're moving on, but they've got to clean up the turnovers going forward.