ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

Prince22 12-07-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9188857)
Bullshit. If you are in a car with keys you get a dui
Posted via Mobile Device

Not if they don't want to do the paper work or they don't fell you are a threat. It happens every night. The only person that could have prevented this put a bullet in his own head.

memyselfI 12-07-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9188859)
Why ? He wasn't driving and the girl let him into the apartment.

Unless martians dropped him off he had to have driven there. Plus he was in the car with the enguine running.

SAUTO 12-07-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince22 (Post 9188867)
Not if they don't want to do the paper work or they don't fell you are a threat. It happens every night. The only person that could have prevented this put a bullet in his own head.

Not saying it could have prevented it. Saying that he got off of a dui because of who he was.

That's bullshit
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 12-07-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9188861)
But was that stone cold sober person repeatedly telling the police they weren't driving?
Posted via Mobile Device

Dude was driving. Cop followed us. I was drinking all night and he was the DD. Not a single drop.

Eventually, after much arguing to the contrary, he said "**** it, I'll just stay where I am." Officer left.

SAUTO 12-07-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9188863)
When he got out of the car and talked to the cops he seemed just fine.

Why did they ask of he would be driving, we're going to cut you a break if he appeared fine to them?
Posted via Mobile Device

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-07-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9188868)
Unless martians dropped him off he had to have driven there. Plus he was in the car with the enguine running.

Any lawyer would have a field day with this bud. It was a cold night plus the cops know that car was parked in same spot for 3 hours.

stonedstooge 12-07-2012 09:09 PM

Why would the cops tell him "you got a lot riding on this" "you got a lot to lose" if he wasn't drunk. Come on now

SAUTO 12-07-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9188870)
Dude was driving. Cop followed us. I was drinking all night and he was the DD. Not a single drop.

Eventually, after much arguing to the contrary, he said "**** it, I'll just stay where I am." Officer left.

I can understand that.

Belcher was reminding then he wasn't driving. Why? A person that knew they were sober wouldn't need to say that because it wouldn't matter.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 12-07-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9188873)
Any lawyer would have a field day with this bud. It was a cold night plus the cops know that car was parked in same spot for 3 hours.

No. It wasn't that cold. Plus the law says if you are drunk with keys in a car it's a dui.

Also it was only two hours
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 12-07-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9188869)
Not saying it could have prevented it. Saying that he got off of a dui because of who he was.

That's bullshit
Posted via Mobile Device

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-city/1755189/

9:19PM EST December 7. 2012 - KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City police released videos Friday evening documenting the final hours of Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher's life.

Footage taken from a camera mounted on the dashboard of a police cruiser shows three officers speaking with Belcher after they responded to a 911 call of a suspicious person sleeping in a black Bentley outside an apartment building on East Armour Boulevard at 3:05 a.m. CT on Dec. 1, less than five hours before he would fatally shoot his girlfriend and then himself.

Belcher cooperated with officers and told them he was heading inside to see a woman who lived in an apartment on the corner of East Armour and Holmes St. When officers determined Belcher would not be driving, he was allowed to go inside.

Belcher was not arrested nor cited, though a police spokesman told USA TODAY Sports earlier this week that officers determined Belcher had been drinking.

"You know you've got a lot riding on this," an officer told Belcher. "You know you've got a lot to lose."

Belcher thanked the officers and said, "I really appreciate it," before he went inside the building.

CoMoChief 12-07-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9188834)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uxuTyXQHqkI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blame everyone but the Murderer. Belcher never missed a game for concussion.

What he did was his own damn fault, and the outcome is no different either way. These guys are bruised and broken and have to heal quickly during the season. He plays a very physical demanding position and his head gets knocked around a lot. It doesn't take 1 giant blow to cause a concussion..if your head knocks around hard enough and long enough...it's going to cause damage.

Why do you think all of these pro athletes/wrestlers commit suicide? They're always drugged up..boozed up...depressed out of their god damned minds with all of the downers and pill poppin they do, especially those who are out of the game. They all do it, and many of them become addicted.

SAUTO 12-07-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9188879)
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-city/1755189/

9:19PM EST December 7. 2012 - KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City police released videos Friday evening documenting the final hours of Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher's life.

Footage taken from a camera mounted on the dashboard of a police cruiser shows three officers speaking with Belcher after they responded to a 911 call of a suspicious person sleeping in a black Bentley outside an apartment building on East Armour Boulevard at 3:05 a.m. CT on Dec. 1, less than five hours before he would fatally shoot his girlfriend and then himself.

Belcher cooperated with officers and told them he was heading inside to see a woman who lived in an apartment on the corner of East Armour and Holmes St. When officers determined Belcher would not be driving, he was allowed to go inside.

Belcher was not arrested nor cited, though a police spokesman told USA TODAY Sports earlier this week that officers determined Belcher had been drinking.

"You know you've got a lot riding on this," an officer told Belcher. "You know you've got a lot to lose."

Belcher thanked the officers and said, "I really appreciate it," before he went inside the building.

why no field sobriety test? Mobile breathalyzer?
Posted via Mobile Device

memyselfI 12-07-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9188873)

It has been unseasonably warm here lately. RECORD warm. Plus we are not arguing on Belchers actions as much as we are the police inaction. 99% of people in that situation would be taken into custody.

DeezNutz 12-07-2012 09:13 PM

Record temps. Yep. I typically keep my thermostat at 50.

KcMizzou 12-07-2012 09:13 PM

I once had the police pull up on me, a buddy and two girls as we sat in a running car outside a bar. (winter) None of us were in a position to drive. The cop told me that because the car was running, he could charge me with drunk driving.

Instead, they watched as we drove across the street and rented a motel room.