ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149)

Aspengc8 05-28-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10655667)
Elliptical I get. Knees can't take the pounding. Bike I get, not everyone has a safe area to ride, like me. I live right on a county highway with no shoulders, no way I'm riding on that road. So, I've got to go somewhere else to ride. Not good if time is limited. But sprints on a treadmill I never understood. I do them from time to time with my son. We just go to the high school near my house.

I do incline treadmill sprints after I train lower body. I'm not driving to a hill/track 10:30 at night...

tooge 05-28-2014 12:54 PM

Ok, I see. I just wouldn't feel comfortable going full bore on a treadmill. Seems like knocked out front teeth waiting to happen.

penguinz 05-28-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10655551)
I have to LOL at "run as fast as you can on the treadmill" guy. Ummm, it's sunny and beautiful outside, there are school tracks and parks everywhere. Don't get that one.

I have to disagree with this. it is a freaking steam room outside.

tooge 05-28-2014 01:22 PM

I love running in the heat. Or used to. The old knees don't like running for distance anymore.

penguinz 05-28-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10655926)
I love running in the heat. Or used to. The old knees don't like running for distance anymore.

Don't care about the heat. it is the amount of humidity in the air.

Easy 6 05-28-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10655212)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M957dACQyfU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know exactly what dudes talking about there, there are all kinds of dubious "programs and supplements" around purporting crazy growth... but those are usually adds in respected magazines, not special reports from the magazine itself.

Damned if I can find it, but it was backed by Mens Health, they put their name on it, seems a strange thing for a respected publication to do if its some BS product.

Aspengc8 05-28-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10656217)
I know exactly what dudes talking about there, there are all kinds of dubious "programs and supplements" around purporting crazy growth... but those are usually adds in respected magazines, not special reports from the magazine itself.

Damned if I can find it, but it was backed by Mens Health, they put their name on it, seems a strange thing for a respected publication to do if its some BS product.

they pit their name on it cause they want a cut. the only supplement that can literally change a physique like that in only 4 weeks is juice.

Easy 6 05-28-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10656411)
they pit their name on it cause they want a cut. the only supplement that can literally change a physique like that in only 4 weeks is juice.

I suppose you're right, otherwise I would've been able to easily find it online.

But what it claims to do sounds great... opens the capillaries big time enabling more blood to flow more freely into muscles and increases oxygen absorbtion as well.

I went into GNC yesterday to see if they had it, nope, but they did have a similar product "chrome cellucor", so I signed up for the member card... buy one higher priced product and get the other half off... pretty decent deal if you ask me.

Going hard on fat burners and new style protein shakes, I hear they're waaay better than when I was using them back in the mid-late 90's.

Hammock Parties 05-28-2014 06:16 PM

Don't ever go in a GNC. Worst store on earth. Even worse than Christian bookstores.

BigCatDaddy 05-28-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10656447)
I sup. se you're right, otherwise I would've been able to easily find it online.

But what it claims to do sounds great... opens the capillaries big time enabling more blood to flow more freely into muscles and increases oxygen absorbtion as well.

I went into GNC yesterday to see if they had it, nope, but they did have a similar product "chrome cellucor", so I signed up for the member card... buy one higher priced product and get the other half off... pretty decent deal if you ask me.

Going hard on fat burners and new style protein shakes, I hear they're waaay better than when I was using them back in the mid-late 90's.

What is better? OTC fat burners? Not hardly. The good shit eventually gets banned.

Easy 6 05-28-2014 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10656460)
Don't ever go in a GNC. Worst store on earth. Even worse than Christian bookstores.

Well... where the hell do you go? the huge guy in the lockerroom Mickey Rourke talks to in the Wrestler?... hey, in this one horse town I cant believe we even HAVE a GNC, I'll take it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10656469)
What is better? OTC fat burners? Not hardly. The good shit eventually gets banned.

I'm missing the question here, bro... otc fat burners are all I can get until I work my way into the gym, and even then I'm not sure juice is the way I wanna go.

I know much of it can be beaten/isn't as bad as it used to be etc... but shrunken testicles, acne at 43? hahaaa... I'm not aiming for massive mega at all, just good and buff for my age, I'm ready for a second young adulthood.

I've been very fit since those days, used to do cardio like a BEAST and the ex-wife looooooved it... but I haven't been filled out and pumped up since my army days.

BigCatDaddy 05-28-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10656507)
Well... where the hell do you go? the huge guy in the lockerroom Mickey Rourke talks to in the Wrestler?... hey, in this one horse town I cant believe we even HAVE a GNC, I'll take it.

I'm missing the question here, bro... otc fat burners are all I can get until I work my way into the gym, and even then I'm not sure juice is the way I wanna go.

I know much of it can be beaten/isn't as bad as it used to be etc... but shrunken testicles, acne at 43? hahaaa... I'm not aiming for massive mega at all, just good and buff for my age, I'm ready for a second young adulthood.

I've been very fit since those days, used to do cardio like a BEAST and the ex-wife looooooved it... but I haven't been filled out and pumped up since my army days.

I'm just saying the over the counterfat burners have not gotten better because the FDA usually bans the good shit like ephedra and DMAA.

Dunit35 05-28-2014 07:38 PM

Is there a supplement that I can take before a meal that keeps me from over eating?

Silock 05-28-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10656507)

Amazon, bodybuilding.com, dpsnutrition... all are better and cheaper than GNC.

Quote:

The most effective stack you can get over the counter is a caffeine, yohimbine, ephedrine stack. But that will seriously jack up your HR to levels that might be quite uncomfortable. Yohimbine HCL if you don't want to take any chances. It's supposedly tolerated much better. Caffeine you can get anywhere. If you want ephedrine, just go to the pharmacy and ask for Bronkaid.

Silock 05-28-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 10656594)
Is there a supplement that I can take before a meal that keeps me from over eating?

Try copious amounts of dihydrogen monoxide.