ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

memyselfI 12-07-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9188907)
Did you reek of alcohol at 3 AM?

Nope. It was about 9:30 pm and we were heading back from LSP. My son had gotten sick to his stomach in the car. Was quite gross. Cop gave me a warning because I was one street away from home.

lewdog 12-07-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9188904)
A cop let me go after stopping me for going 50 in a 35. My son was in the backseat sick. He was very nice about it . It does happen.

How ****ing old are you? What is the difference between speeding and drunk driving? Oh that is right, quite a bit.

SAUTO 12-07-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9188902)
Because he was a Chiefs player.

I got a DUI when I was 19 years old. The cops followed me from the parking lot of a bar, then pulled me over less than a quarter mile after I'd left.

I spent 20 minutes in the freezing cold (like 10 degrees) while they administered sobriety tests, searched my car, etc. I lived less than a half a mile from where they pulled me over. So asked the officer:

Me: Would you mind just following me home?
Office: I could do that. But I'm not going to do that.

I was taken to the police station, had to blow into the breathalyzer three different times, was arrested, booked and charged with a DUI. Some friends came by to pick me up a few hours late and I had to pay to have my car towed and released the following day.

Since it was my first, I qualified for diversion and since I successfully completed it, it's never appeared on my record.

I haven't drank and driven since. Either a designated driver or cabs.

yeah I got one too. Beat it in court because the chip was a lying asshole
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 12-07-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9188918)
yeah I got one too. Beat it in court because the chip was a lying asshole
Posted via Mobile Device

I passed all the field tests but they still thought I was drunk. I don't understand why I had to blow into the breathalyzer three times, but whatever. It was a good lesson and no one was hurt.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-07-2012 09:29 PM

It's the world we live in athletes and celebrities get breaks.

CoMoChief 12-07-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9188891)
They were cutting him a break because they realize it is a stupid ass backward law. Sleeping it off is the right thing to do. Arresting people who show enough common sense to sleep it off sends the wrong message that you might as well "try" to drive home intoxicated since you face the same potential punishment.

LMAO some of you guys are fools.

It was warm for this part of the season, that night...barely would need a light coat (if that) and sure as hell not cold enough to where you would need to be running your car for the heater.

So...

If you sleep with the car running....it's because you're drunk and passed out...plain n simple. I've done it, regrettably speaking......If you pull to the side and the car is off and you sleep....that's a different story..because the mother****ing car isn't on.

Either way, the law is written to where even if you have your keyes on you and you're IN THE CAR....ANYWHERE, and have been drinking you can get a DUI. Had a buddy get a DWI because he laid down in the crew cab of his truck and had a sleeping bag and went to sleep...literally. And he was really hammered and in a parking lot of a bar. We bailed him out like at 5am because cop came up to his truck and knocked on the window til he woke up and of course the whole truck reaked of alcohol.

memyselfI 12-07-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9188916)
How ****ing old are you? What is the difference between speeding and drunk driving? Oh that is right, quite a bit.

Well I was speeding on an empty street at night after turning off Metcalf. The cop believed me when I said it was because my kid was puking in the back seat. HE COULD SEE AND SMELL IT. He said he could get me for speeding and wreckless driving.

SAUTO 12-07-2012 09:32 PM

It was about two years ago maybe three.
Hell I had a cab there waiting on me and I was just pulling a prank with my, buddy's truck and moving itwhen he left it with the keys in it. Just pulled out around the corner. Cop said I ran a stop sign where there was no stop sign. Also lied about everything else about the stop. from cherries to the sheriff department was nine minutes and he said I failed four field sobriety tests. He was a ****ing liar and I was drunk and got off. I have never had a drink even a sip and drove again
Posted via Mobile Device

stonedstooge 12-07-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9188930)
Well I was speeding on an empty street at night after turning off Metcalf. The cop believed me when I said it was because my kid was puking in the back seat. HE COULD SEE AND SMELL IT.

Your kid was drunk?

memyselfI 12-07-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9188932)
Your kid was drunk?

Nope. Bad 5 Guys.

lewdog 12-07-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9188930)
Well I was speeding on an empty street at night after turning off Metcalf. The cop believed me when I said it was because my kid was puking in the back seat. HE COULD SEE AND SMELL IT. He said he could get me for speeding and wreckless driving.

So the cops let you off and they let Belcher off... and both sound like similar circumstances. Interesting......

KcMizzou 12-07-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9188936)
Nope. Bad 5 Guys.

Bullshit. Five Guys is never bad.

memyselfI 12-07-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9188937)
So the cops let you off and they let Belcher off... and both sound like similar circumstances. Interesting......

Whatever. My point was cops do at times let people skate and most of the time it is not an issue.

Nightfyre 12-07-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9188938)

Funny how she remembers every detail of this event. Seems to me shes just making shit up at this point. Probably a lonely old hag with no one to talk to.

memyselfI 12-07-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9188938)

I know. We love it. Can't eat it now for awhile. Ewwww.